Truck Club making the wait better or worst

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ford escape 2006 jeep liberty ford Mavrick XL
I don't know if be on the Club form is driving me nuts or helping wait anyone else feel the same way? but it is nice to talk to everyone about waiting for our trucks
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck club makes us educated. Which makes us better, but sometimes makes the wait worse. It also always makes the opinion of Ford scheduling worse. 🤣

OP
OP
handelong86

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes I like being on here but seeing the pictures of the trucks and talking about the trucks is starting to make me itch a little.

Last edited:

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve learned a lot here about the whole ordering process. If it wasn’t for sites like this I would be in the dark 100X worse.

I couldn’t imagine totally relying on what info a salesman has. As it is I know way more than they do. Heck, some didn’t know what a Maverick was. Lol

OP
OP
handelong86

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve learned a lot here about the whole ordering process. If it wasn’t for sites like this I would be in the dark 100X worse.

I couldn’t imagine totally relying on what info a salesman has. As it is I know way more than they do. Heck, some didn’t know what a Maverick was. Lol
hey that was me i was looking a ranger and keep hearing people talking about the maverick so i had to see what they were all about. then ordered one right away. i do like this site a lot i am not trying to be mean or say anything bad about. i really do. But being on here make you want that truck sooo much more. right?

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hey that was me i was looking a ranger and keep hearing people talking about the maverick so i had to see what they were all about. then ordered one right away. i do like this site a lot i am not trying to be mean or say anything bad about. i really do. But being on here make you want that truck sooo much more. right?
This site is great for knowing the ins and outs of Fords ordering system especially finding out restraint items that could be a build hold up for an example yet frustrating because of the dealer allocation system Ford uses and it seems like it punishes smaller dealerships.

I’ve learned a lot here and have more info for if and when I do order another vehicle from Ford on what to do and what not to do.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It's the same with all social media and you can make your experience better by ignoring/blocking people that are consistently negative.

Also remember that any frustrations that you are feeling will quickly be forgotten once you receive your Maverick.

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having never ordered a vehicle before, it turned me back into a kid building up to Christmas, only with Christmas, you knew what day everything was coming! MTC became my Christmas catalog…..”I want that, I want that, I want that……”

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This forum is a great resource for information and has great members that are willing to help with questions, concerns, ideas, etc. It can be frustrating at times with negativity (as all forums can be) but this rollout has been messy and has created most of this.

Altogether I'm glad to have found my way here and plan to stick around long after my Maverick arrives; whenever that may be...

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The learning has been the best…Adding cruise to an XL on the cheap, might would have changed my mind on my order had I known you could do that. Dealer allocation and many other vey enlightening topic’s

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
For me , since all I have owned since 1998, are built to order Fords and a Lincoln, these "clubs" help me understand the Process, early problems, potential problems, and a lot of information on how dealers behave in different parts of the country. Also these "clubs" have frequently exposed me to other car/truck enthusiasts near me. Several times I have met owners with common interests to mine and we have became good friends.

I knew ,going in, Oct of last year-- that with Covid, this build was going to be much longer lead time than I previous experiences (8 to 13 weeks). Fortunately I think that I am glad my truck will not be built until middle of Feb, and probably be late March to mid April delivery.

Why? Simple, Ford does appear to be acknowledging issues and working on fixes: from SIBL gas tank screw up, to electronics glitches, software updates, etc.. While still a first year build (not my first) my later in the cycle order has a high chance of having fewer issues when delivered.

I remember my dad, fresh back from VietNam, taking me to Ford dealer to buy a new station wagon (1969/70 LTD). There were none in the area that had the configuration dad/we wanted. Sales man was well versed in the station wagon, and pulled up the build checklist (paper order sheet with all the options) and he had the samples of colors and textures in a big binder.

But the real cool thing was, in those days, you could save a few hundred if you took delivery in Dearborn Michigan. Since the family had a soybean farm in Michigan we made the trip as a family vacation in the older Rambler Cross-country station wagon. Getting there early, Ford gave us first class treatment with a area to view cars going down the production line... In fact you could arrange to see YOURs being built if arranged in time. We did not see ours but the process was still cool to watch. The experience was so impactful on that 13 year old, that I became a Brand loyal Ford guy

Imagine my trepidation having never seen a Maverick in person, researching the build on line and all the what if configurations, finding a close enough dealer that would accept x-plan, Military discount and make me feel like a valued customer. All on the phone and in e-mails. I have never been to this dealer in very small town rural Texas 1.5 hours drive away. The next day I got order accepted e-mail from FoMoCo and my name was spelled wrong. Quick call and dealer fixed it. Next FoMoCo e-mail was scheduled for build week of 14 Feb 2022 and my name was correct.

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if be on the Club form is driving me nuts or helping wait anyone else feel the same way? but it is nice to talk to everyone about waiting for our trucks
Oh I think the Club has been a yuge help to those of us still waiting on Ford to deliver our orders. The Club, along with other 'net videos have provided a wealth of knowledge on the Maverick. If and when MY Maverick is delivered I will pretty much know the vehicle from top to bottom. I'll know what to expect from the truck itself and what SOME DEALERS will try to get away with as far as price gouging. When THAT day come I will be ready. GO PACKERS!!!

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Joined the day we got ours LOL.
Sponsored