Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here it is.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-13 14.33.36

The process at Mossy was smooth. They gave me the MSRP and didn't mess around with an ADM. When I told them I heard some dealers were doing that they said they knew how mad I would be if I showed up and they told me the price of the truck was more than they showed me back in August. They do ADMs for stock vehicles, and they told me there's a $10K ADM on a F250 Raptor but the customer they're selling it to knows that and agreed to it.

The finance guy gave me a rate that I would have been unhappy with if I planned on paying over time. The loan is with Fifth Third for 72 months at 5.24 percent. As soon as I get the paperwork, I'll be paying it all off with money I set aside in my business account. Whatever, Fifth Third probably gave them more money to do my loan.

There were two issues I had with the process. One was a minor one. They had the truck yesterday and wanted me to see if I could make it that evening. Well, when I went in at noon today, they hadn't installed the alarm yet and it still needed to be prepped. Disappointing, but I can let it slide because I know that everyone is short staffed and they're doing what they can.

The second issue was more irritating. I drove the truck off the lot, parked it where you see it in the picture, and went to get the garage door opener so I could park it there. When I got back to the truck I was able to turn it on, but I wasn't able to shift it out of park. That's because the dealer didn't complete the sale on their end, and so the alarm system thought that an unauthorized person was trying to use it.

I had to call the vendor's customer service line, wait on hold for about five minutes and spend another ten getting things set up properly.

Obviously, that should not have happened.

Because of this, my overall grade with Mossy is a B. That's too big of a mistake to make and not get dinged for it.

Nevertheless, I'm glad my truck is here. And this picture should make Ford happy.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-13 16.17.59

You can see the Maverick next to the 1990 Silverado 1500 it's replacing here.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-13 15.22.14

And it's a few inches longer than the Silverado despite having a bed that's a little shorter. That's the price for the crew cab.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-13 15.26.01

I'll continue to post to this thread when I use the truck to do what I bought it for. That way you can see how it can be used for a business.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad things worked out.

Ford had 0% financing for 36 mos (that I took back in March). The Mossy Finance Mgr should have offered that first regardless of what was available today since Ford will extend financing options to retail order customers.

Regarding the dealer installed item, I had a similar experience where they did not have the Maverick complete when I purchased it. Your experience was worse since it caused the truck not to drive.

This truck is so smooth riding, and the power curve (Hybrid or EB) is great.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well congrats! Enjoy it!

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad things worked out.

Ford had 0% financing for 36 mos (that I took back in March). The Mossy Finance Mgr should have offered that first regardless of what was available today since Ford will extend financing options to retail order customers.

Regarding the dealer installed item, I had a similar experience where they did not have the Maverick complete when I purchased it. Your experience was worse since it caused the truck not to drive.

This truck is so smooth riding, and the power curve (Hybrid or EB) is great.
That may have been due to what I said. They asked if I had any preference with payments, term, etc. I said no, since I'll be paying it off as soon as I can move some money around, it's fine. I'm sure they took that as a green light to go with whatever lender made them the most money and I'm fine with that.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-13 18.45.13

I put it to work yesterday immediately. I use the cooler to put perishables in so that they stay cold on the ride and I also got cat litter. That cooler holds six 2 gallon packs of milk from Costco. And there are four boxes of cat litter in there as well.

Mileage on a mostly highway run was 40 mpg per the readout. And yes, it rides a lot more smoothly than the Silverado it replaced. It's also got good acceleration, especially for a truck.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today, I did my first supply run with my truck. The concern I have about the bed only being four and a half feet versus six? Nothing to worry about.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-15 17.33.27

This is a slightly smaller than normal load for my business. It all fits in there with no problem. And as you can see, I could have easily stacked things if I needed to to get more things in there. I wouldn't have needed a tie down to get even what is a big load for us in there.

I've long said that for many small businesses in urban locations, the Maverick is a perfect work truck. Nothing so far has changed my mind.

I also liked seeing this when I got back with those supplies.

Ford Maverick Truck Arrived April 13 2022-04-15 18.04.14

I like that mileage. I left it in normal mode and didn't baby the truck. I drove it like I would any other truck and that's what I ended up with.

I didn't have any issues with the engine revving up when I hit the brakes, the hood rattling, or anything else that people have reported. The one weird thing I noticed is that the clock somehow reset since I drove the truck Wednesday. That's kind of strange. I'll see if it does it when I do my next run with the truck on Monday.

Reactions: Aza

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here it is.

2022-04-13 14.33.36.jpg

The process at Mossy was smooth. They gave me the MSRP and didn't mess around with an ADM. When I told them I heard some dealers were doing that they said they knew how mad I would be if I showed up and they told me the price of the truck was more than they showed me back in August. They do ADMs for stock vehicles, and they told me there's a $10K ADM on a F250 Raptor but the customer they're selling it to knows that and agreed to it.

The finance guy gave me a rate that I would have been unhappy with if I planned on paying over time. The loan is with Fifth Third for 72 months at 5.24 percent. As soon as I get the paperwork, I'll be paying it all off with money I set aside in my business account. Whatever, Fifth Third probably gave them more money to do my loan.

There were two issues I had with the process. One was a minor one. They had the truck yesterday and wanted me to see if I could make it that evening. Well, when I went in at noon today, they hadn't installed the alarm yet and it still needed to be prepped. Disappointing, but I can let it slide because I know that everyone is short staffed and they're doing what they can.

The second issue was more irritating. I drove the truck off the lot, parked it where you see it in the picture, and went to get the garage door opener so I could park it there. When I got back to the truck I was able to turn it on, but I wasn't able to shift it out of park. That's because the dealer didn't complete the sale on their end, and so the alarm system thought that an unauthorized person was trying to use it.

I had to call the vendor's customer service line, wait on hold for about five minutes and spend another ten getting things set up properly.

Obviously, that should not have happened.

Because of this, my overall grade with Mossy is a B. That's too big of a mistake to make and not get dinged for it.

Nevertheless, I'm glad my truck is here. And this picture should make Ford happy.

2022-04-13 16.17.59.jpg

You can see the Maverick next to the 1990 Silverado 1500 it's replacing here.

2022-04-13 15.22.14.jpg

And it's a few inches longer than the Silverado despite having a bed that's a little shorter. That's the price for the crew cab.

2022-04-13 15.26.01.jpg

I'll continue to post to this thread when I use the truck to do what I bought it for. That way you can see how it can be used for a business.
Ford has 0% for 3 years with Price Protection

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has 0% for 3 years with Price Protection
It doesn't matter to me because I'll be paying the balance off as soon as I get the loan paperwork from Fifth Third.

I was hoping to put the entire balance on my Amex but they only allowed me to do $5K on that. I get it, the holdback is three percent so they can't have credit card fees eating most of that up.
Sponsored