John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

not to mention potential invalidation of insurance if they find out you were towing over capacity...
Not a factor. I called mine.
YMMV
Sponsored

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a factor. I called mine.
YMMV
My mileage did vary, I also spoke to mine and it absolutely is a factor, but people can do as they please and take the risks as they see fit

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might consider changing the trans fluid after that tow. Just changed mine at 32K (fx4 & 4k) having never towed, or hauled anything heavy, and it was pretty nasty. Going 20k max between changes from now on.

Last edited:

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice - Big trailer. Have u hit the scales to verify trailer weight ?
I had to do that about 35 years ago. Back then we had to have vehicles and trailers checked and certified every couple of years. I pulled up with my tent trailer behind my Datsun and the dude told me I can’t pull that trailer with my car. I got out of my car and picked the back of the trailer up off the wheels pivoting it off of the hitch. He gave me a document and had me load my camping gear and have it weighed. We gave it a few extra hundred pounds and had the gross weight changed to just under what my car was allowed to pull. Now days they could care less if the bearings are worn out or if the headlights are aimed right into the eyes of on coming traffic!

OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Fx4 w/4k tow in Carbonized Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
or get a truck thats not at or over max capacity. or a smaller camper. just cuz you can, doesnt mean you should. yeah yeah blah blah it felt safe. if you are in an accident while being over weight, no matter who was at fault you will get fined heavily.
Go put a helmet and knee pads on and leave us men alone LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might consider changing the trans fluid after that tow. Just changed mine at 32K (fx4 & 4k) having never towed, or hauled anything heavy, and it was pretty nasty. Going 20k max between changes from now on.
Yep about to change oil and trans fluid.

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go put a helmet and knee pads on and leave us men alone LOL
yeah cuz a little 4 cylinder car will consistently pull 4k plus without issues.........

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
or get a truck thats not at or over max capacity. or a smaller camper. just cuz you can, doesnt mean you should. yeah yeah blah blah it felt safe. if you are in an accident while being over weight, no matter who was at fault you will get fined heavily.
Towing over capacity is a big risk no matter how comfortable the ride felt. You hit an unexpected road hazard or need to make an urgent maneuver and your Maverick will lose control of your whole rig. Just too dangerous.

OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not to mention potential invalidation of insurance if they find out you were towing over capacity...
My insurance covers the truck and trailer. Agent has no problem with it. I had truck and trailer safety checked before the trip. I have been driving trucks and towing trailers while some of you were still in diapers. You drive your truck...and I will drive mine!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah cuz a little 4 cylinder car will consistently pull 4k plus without issues.........
Like Mr. Owl said "The world may never know"!

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moved from northern Michigan to upstate South Carolina in June 2021. Rented a U-Haul transport trailer to load my wife's 2013 Buick Encore and tow it behind my 2018 Ford F-150 with the 2.7 EcoBoost engine. Buick's dry weight is 3190 lbs, which we had loaded with 'stuff' for the move, truck was loaded down too. The trailer weight was 2200 lbs, so a total of 5390 lbs. It was about 1000 miles and my F150 (which I traded in on my hybrid Maverick) got 14.6 mpg for the trip, included driving through the mountains from Lexington, KY, to Asheville, NC down to Greenville, SC. So, are the mpg's you got with the Maverick really that good? But your Ecoboost can still pull much more than my hybrid :)

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My insurance covers the truck and trailer. Agent has no problem with it. I had truck and trailer safety checked before the trip. I have been driving trucks and towing trailers while some of you were still in diapers. You drive your truck...and I will drive mine!
just because you've been doing something for a long time doesn't mean you've been doing it safely or correctly.... but yeah, you do you!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Towing over capacity is a big risk no matter how comfortable the ride felt. You hit an unexpected road hazard or need to make an urgent maneuver and your Maverick will lose control of your whole rig. Just too dangerous.
Please explain, with as much detail as possible, what makes the 4k towing Maverick a 4k and what makes the 2k towing Maverick a 2k.

We're all ears. 👂

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No not in reality.
3200#
9 feet tall
18 MPG at 60 MPH with 87 Octane
11% max grade pulled uphill.
(Some aftermarket equipment)

IMG_7859.jpeg
Hmm you might need a new calculator. Either way you should definitely go rent that trailer and try taking it up that mountain behind ya in a hybrid.

Of course I'm posting for a laugh. But I have personally towed lots of foolish things over the years often doubling tow capacity. Or load capacity grossly exceeded. I've towed or hauled all kinds of junk. As long as you don't care about making your own repairs or resale values, and go at reasonable speeds, just run like people do in most countries. Try it until it doesn't work.

I have new saying, borrowed from a new song by and awesome band Skinny Lister. "Giving up is not your style". Song is called "Into the breach". If you like folk music, punk music, sea chanties, protest music, or drinking music. Y'all would like em.
Sponsored