Sponsored

Trim swap?

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Testing the waters here for something. I like the interior on the XL better, but I've decided that it's probably best for me to get an XLT rather than trying to add heated seats, heated steering, cruise control, etc. all aftermarket. Would someone ordering an XL be interested in a "trim swap" at some point? You would get my XLT trim pieces and I'd get your XLs. If I'm not mistaken, all that would need to be "swapped" to change trims would be the four door panels and the lightest/white part of the dash. (I don't think it'd be possible to swap the air vents with the orange accents without some difficulty, but that'd be easy to do yourself with some paint. Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

I realize it might not really be possible to swap the seats, but I'm planning to look into katskinz leather for that anyway.

Might consider swapping the XLT wheels for XL steelies as well, depending on how much I like the look in person.

I think I should be able to order all of those pieces aftermarket from Ford, and that's probably what I'll do if no one else is interested. Just wanted to see if it was a thought that had crossed anyone else's mind.
Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Testing the waters here for something. I like the interior on the XL better, but I've decided that it's probably best for me to get an XLT rather than trying to add heated seats, heated steering, cruise control, etc. all aftermarket. Would someone ordering an XL be interested in a "trim swap" at some point? You would get my XLT trim pieces and I'd get your XLs. If I'm not mistaken, all that would need to be "swapped" to change trims would be the four door panels and the lightest/white part of the dash. (I don't think it'd be possible to swap the air vents with the orange accents without some difficulty, but that'd be easy to do yourself with some paint. Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

I realize it might not really be possible to swap the seats, but I'm planning to look into katskinz leather for that anyway.

Might consider swapping the XLT wheels for XL steelies as well, depending on how much I like the look in person.

I think I should be able to order all of those pieces aftermarket from Ford, and that's probably what I'll do if no one else is interested. Just wanted to see if it was a thought that had crossed anyone else's mind.
I'm getting an "XL" ... already scheduled for production the week of 10/04 ... barring any unforesseen new disruptions, I expect delivery sometime between Thanksgiving and X-Mas ...
I'm not attached to anything, have no preferences and I'm willing to trade anything ... I'm in the Central Florida area .... ping me when the time comes.

OP
OP

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
I'm getting an "XL" ... already scheduled for production the week of 10/04 ... barring any unforesseen new disruptions, I expect delivery sometime between Thanksgiving and X-Mas ...
I'm not attached to anything, have no preferences and I'm willing to trade anything ... I'm in the Central Florida area .... ping me when the time comes.
You might be a bit too far from me, I'm in PA. Might be worth a road trip though depending on what OEM parts from Ford cost.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
You might be a bit too far from me, I'm in PA. Might be worth a road trip though depending on what OEM parts from Ford cost.
I just sent you a pm. I'm over in jersey and my xl is scheduled to be built 10/4

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’m sure someone with steelies in this group will swap with you.

Sponsored

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
I am interested in the steelies swap. Should also be much closer. We could meet halfway. Not scheduled yet though. Maybe the dash too.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My build is scheduled for 10/18. My steelies will be immediately removed and available for sale. NW Indiana/Chicago border.
Sponsored