Sponsored

Trillium Ford (Aliston/Shelburne Ontario) review, bronco sport comparison, copilot 360 review

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I decided to come back here to make a post i think could help those in the southern ontario area who are looking for a solid dealer. And ive been super impressed by these guys, so they deserve the shout out.

trillium ford:

my experience was great. Start to finish. Ordered in january, all done over email, price protected, financials checked, signed and all the legal stuff taken care of. Msrp. No gimics. I did end up paying for a tire guard warrenty without knowing but when i checked my record of sale they gave me a dealer discount so my biweekly was unaffected.
I later got to test their customer service when i learned that someone had forgotten to add the heated seats portion to my katzkin order. Oopsie woopsie. They also never charged me for it. When i brought it up, they made a bunch of calls, and once they confirmed internally that it was their mistake and not mine, they ordered the parts, had me bring in my maverick, and gave me a bronco sport to drive while the installation was made. No charge for anything. Super pleased with these guys. Hit me up if you want contact info for the two sales guys i dealt with.
That leads me to my bronco sport comparrison.

i had a big bend bronco sport 2021 for 3 days. It had a tech package and copilot 360.
What i like more than the mav:
-The exterior. I really like how the maverick looks. But i loooove the bronco exterior. Body lines, proportions, grill, lights. I love it all. I also like thst they replaced some of the ford badges with the bucking bronco.
-the suv-ness is kinda nice for cabin feel. A bit less closed in. Naturally.
What i like better from the Mav:
The interior. Theyre both cheap material interiors. My philosophy is that if you cant give me quality materials, at least make them fun lol so i like the unique mav interior. Though the soft touch fabricy material they use in the bronco is a nice touch.
Mav interior is also more ergonomic. For example: Theres no spot in the bronco to place a phone where you can see the screen for navigation without the phone falling over… for those times when you dont have a chord for carplay.
Theres also no button i can find to turn off traction control.
Overall, i like both cars, prefer the mav, and dont really understand why the bronco sport costs more. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

copilot 360:
This was the first car i drove with a few features.
adaptive cruise: i like this a lot. Great for light traffic driving though it gets slightly irritating in certain situations. Overall id love to have it.
Lane keep assist: this is… not my favorite. Its a helpful little aid in the same light traffic straight driving scenario as adaptive cruise. But it does NOT work on windy country roads (i dunno if its supposed to or not but i tested it and it defintely doesnt work) and the passive steering wheel rumble when i change lanes without signalling is super annoying.
Anywho. Hope this helps someone. Lets see if we can have one thread in here without devolving into arguing lol
Edit: forgot to add, the 1.5 ecoboost is a tad underwhelming for a vehicle this size. I know its an suv thing not just the bronco sport, but its annoying that you can only get the 2.0 eco in the top trim. The 1.5 isnt slow… but its also not quick. Its just… meh. It just exists. It does its job. Id just expect a bit more character from a bronco.
as an aside i spoke to my sales guy. Not looking good for unscheduled hybrid orders. Xl or xlt ecos though have a 3ish month turnaround atm though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My GF has a BS Badlands 21' and I have a Loaded Mav. Her MSRP for the '21 was just under 38k and the only thing it doesn't have is the ACC, Lane centering and Nav. My MSRP was 36.6k and the only option I didn't take was the sun/moon roof or the FE. The BS has a more traditional interior and I do really like it. Like you said ford did a good job making the Bronco family feel different and special with nice touches all through out. Some soft touch on the dash and pretty standard black plastics on the doors and such. I think the seats feel about the same but the BS and especially badlands seats are a lot more unique and again very cool touches to them(also perforated in the leather). Hers also has the the front camera, the rock crawl mode with the twin clutch rear end and the oem 1" lift.

now the lines get blurry on value since the BS has had multiple MSRP increases and so has the MAV. I think the 22' Badlands BS equipped as my Gfs is, is right at 42k so compared to my loaded MAV that has the most recent MSRP increase that's about a 5-6k difference. I think the slightly more polished interior, offroad tailoring, those unique bronco accents and features just add up. alot of items are shared between the models to include most of the door switches A/C controls and over head features. The shifter on the BS is nicer and it has another knob for the GOAT modes vs a button like the MAV.

All in all they are very similar but the BS is just a tad higher and more standard quality for interior build materials. I think they are both functional and really nice for the price and will be strongholds in there respected markets.

Also the fake V8 noises the BS badlands makes in Sport and Rock crawl are pretty convincing and if you didn't know much about cars I could see people thinking the 4 banger really had some grunt to it lol