First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve attached a copy of the oil analysis that I had done on my truck. I had the trans serviced at 25k miles since I have 1k-1.2k pounds of payload that I haul everyday (self employed, bought this as my work truck). The owners manual says to service at 30k miles for severe duty cycle so I was a little early, but I wanted it taken care of. I’m currently a little over 33k miles on the odometer and the transmission still shifts like new 👍

Ford Maverick Transmission oil analysis report (after 33K miles) 2F0F1CEE-A6E2-462A-8F93-81B61EAD4D92
Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing @Sneezy that's awesome. Would be interested in your regular 1k load as well but the analysis looks pretty solid for factory fill

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually haul mostly car batteries. I do roadside assistance (hence the miles) as well as battery installations, so I keep an inventory of around 20 or so batteries, plus my tools and my dog who rides along 😜

Ford Maverick Transmission oil analysis report (after 33K miles) C3EC597A-A73C-44AD-A1B2-0D182A00B5BE

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The definition of severe driving conditions includes frequent stop and go driving. Something to think about if you live in an area where you have to do this a lot. I sure do but never thought about it before.

People seem to obsess about engine oil change intervals it's nice to see that transmission oil is getting some attention. After recently dropping over $2k on a transmission rebuild on one of our other vehicles it's something I plan to pay a lot of attention to in the future.

Another thing to watch is your brake and power steering fluid. If your vehicle has 100k miles you probably want to do a drain and fill on those, too. After I had the trans done I checked those and both were solidly black. The power steering fluid in particular was thick and viscous. The steering wheel actually turns easier after draining and filling it. Brake fluid can get corrosive which can cause serious problems nobody wants to have.

ETA awesome dog! It must be nice to have company while doing all that driving.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve attached a copy of the oil analysis that I had done on my truck. I had the trans serviced at 25k miles since I have 1k-1.2k pounds of payload that I haul everyday (self employed, bought this as my work truck). The owners manual says to service at 30k miles for severe duty cycle so I was a little early, but I wanted it taken care of. I’m currently a little over 33k miles on the odometer and the transmission still shifts like new 👍

2F0F1CEE-A6E2-462A-8F93-81B61EAD4D92.jpeg
Where did you get the transmission service done and what did they charge?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you get the transmission service done and what did they charge?
I just had it done at the dealership, I can’t remember what each individual item cost, but I had the trans serviced, and oil change and the center diff serviced as well and in total it was a little under $550. I didn’t do the rear diff, since it was done at 20k miles

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My service area is a mountain pass in the cascade mountains, so much of my service area is on forest service roads, unmaintained/gravel and definitely snow in the winter. FWD is a no go even going up some customers steep gravel driveways without snow. But you are totally correct that a hybrid would be ideal, and if Ford offered it from the get go with AWD I would have gone that route. Although I still average 24mpg under my driving conditions which is way better than the 11mpg my super duty used to get 👍

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still want to know if the transmission has a drain plug like my Escape (6f35 trans) for a drain and fill DIY service. The escape is so easy to do I'm curious if the maverick has one as well. I change mine fairly frequently as its so easy to do while you're under there anyway for an oil change. IIRC the drain plug on the escape is a square head 4 sided 11mm pipe thread plug. Since there's no serviceable filter anyway it doesn't hurt to just do a dump and fill which in reality only replaces a portion of the total capacity but does keep the fluid freshened up if you change it on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of the manufacturer recommended fluid change intervals on things like that at all.

I think its great that you actually get those fluids changed. Most folks don't even think about stuff like transmission, differential, or PTU fluids and they get baked.

As for the PS fluid there is none since the maverick as most new vehicles have electric power steering and no hydraulic system/pump or fluid.

Last edited:

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually haul mostly car batteries. I do roadside assistance (hence the miles) as well as battery installations, so I keep an inventory of around 20 or so batteries, plus my tools and my dog who rides along
Is the dog a good driver? 😁

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I actually haul mostly car batteries. I do roadside assistance (hence the miles) as well as battery installations, so I keep an inventory of around 20 or so batteries, plus my tools and my dog who rides along 😜

C3EC597A-A73C-44AD-A1B2-0D182A00B5BE.jpeg
Insurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrance.

Reactions: HTX

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is informative thanks! The disparity in mileage between "severe" and "normal" in the manual made me wonder for sure. Also the fact they never specify which transmission it's referring to. I have a hybrid and do alot of gravel and dirt road driving (without the consistent payload tho). If I hit 30k before the awd hybrid comes I will change out mine just for safety.
Sponsored