First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys, I'm starting this thread because I want to get a good understanding of if we will have issues with the transmissions in these cars, and if we do, in what state of condition the Mav is in when it has the issues.

I have not had any issues with the Maverick yet, but today I was told that early on the dealer network was seeing trans failures on stock Mavericks.

So, if you have had any transmission issues, please let us know here, and what had been done to the Maverick that may have contributed to the failure. Thanks guys!

John
Sponsored

AKMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Currently having my transmission replaced. It was throwing throttle body stuck warnings for a couple weeks, then power train warning, then a few days later I put it in snow mode. Heard a loud thunk and that was that. It never came out of first again.

Josh.film09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone!
I was driving and my Maverick was switching between electric and gas; accelerating on its own as well, now not being able to drive at all. Long story short… It’s been at the Ford dealership for 5 days now and they are replacing the entire assembly of the transmission, not to mention of just now at 10k miles in 11 weeks of owning the vehicle. Will know more in coming days to the further extent of this, but there’s also talk from the technician saying there’s issues with the planetary rings.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very different transmissions on Ecoboost vs Hybrid. Which are you asking about?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more concerned about the Ecoboost 8 speed. I haven't had any issues yet, even trapping 108mph in the quarter mile, but I was just curious as not much has been said on the forums or FB pages, but people were insisting the trans was complete crap....

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that is a little harsh. The Ecoboost engine and transmission has been paired together for years with only a few quality parts issues.

I put that on the sources.

shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more concerned about the Ecoboost 8 speed. I haven't had any issues yet, even trapping 108mph in the quarter mile, but I was just curious as not much has been said on the forums or FB pages, but people were insisting the trans was complete crap....
Not much is said because it just works. seems solid so far, not much issues with it. google "8F35 transmission problems". Try reading some of the results... Ask "people" where they got their information. Ford used this transmission in a few cars in the last few years and if there was a widespread problem we would have heard about it well before the Maverick hit pavement. There will ALWAYS be some failures, nothing is 100% perfect, but that's why warranty and lemon law exists.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing about running your truck in a quarter mile will help the life of your transmission.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not much is said because it just works. seems solid so far, not much issues with it. google "8F35 transmission problems". Try reading some of the results... Ask "people" where they got their information. Ford used this transmission in a few cars in the last few years and if there was a widespread problem we would have heard about it well before the Maverick hit pavement. There will ALWAYS be some failures, nothing is 100% perfect, but that's why warranty and lemon law exists.
That's exactly what I told the guy and his only response was "not everything makes it to the internet..." I found that hilarious because we haven't seen any issues pop up on the forums/pages, and that is where you normally see more more issues than praises.

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing about running your truck in a quarter mile will help the life of your transmission.
What does your statement have to do with the price of tea in China?!? Obviously you're missing the point, I want to hear first hand from people with issues regarding the trans, not some ecoboomer to tell me I'm not helping my transmission.... no crap? Damn, I thought I'd extend longevity by beating on my truckette, who knew that wasn't the case?!?!?!

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does your statement have to do with the price of tea in China?!? Obviously you're missing the point, I want to hear first hand from people with issues regarding the trans, not some ecoboomer to tell me I'm not helping my transmission.... no crap? Damn, I thought I'd extend longevity by beating on my truckette, who knew that wasn't the case?!?!?!
Take a pill. You're stressing about problems that don't exist while creating them yourself.

Esaldana

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Elin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys, I'm starting this thread because I want to get a good understanding of if we will have issues with the transmissions in these cars, and if we do, in what state of condition the Mav is in when it has the issues.

I have not had any issues with the Maverick yet, but today I was told that early on the dealer network was seeing trans failures on stock Mavericks.

So, if you have had any transmission issues, please let us know here, and what had been done to the Maverick that may have contributed to the failure. Thanks guys!

John
So today I'm in Lake Elsinore Ford for an oil change at 4435mi and just tried to leave but quickly had to turn around because of tranny issues, ironically.... Diagnostics says it's throwing random transmission codes and will have to hold it for further testing and contact Ford, wth!

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So today I'm in Lake Elsinore Ford for an oil change at 4435mi and just tried to leave but quickly had to turn around because of tranny issues, ironically.... Diagnostics says it's throwing random transmission codes and will have to hold it for further testing and contact Ford, wth!
Dang, sorry to hear! Hopefully it's something simple, please keep us updated on what happens!

John
Sponsored