First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I called them back in July, they pretended that Elk Grove Ford's 2k markup was normal and they would do the same.
The guy on the phone told me that people are paying $4999 and $6999 dealer markup on new cars. He wanted me to come in to talk more about the price. Why would I want to talk more after hearing that.

I'm still not sure what I would want to order so maybe seeing a truck on Wednesday will help.
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rep I am working with at Future Ford Roseville told me that they will have a Mav on the lot for viewing on September 29 at 10am.
Do you know how long they'll be there? 2 hours maybe?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guy on the phone told me that people are paying $4999 and $6999 dealer markup on new cars. He wanted me to come in to talk more about the price. Why would I want to talk more after hearing that.

I'm still not sure what I would want to order so maybe seeing a truck on Wednesday will help.
They just want to try to sell you something on the lot.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
The rep I am working with at Future Ford Roseville told me that they will have a Mav on the lot for viewing on September 29 at 10am.
Take a pic of the MPG

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rep didn’t say exactly. He said a few hours. I’m going to try to get there around 11.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rep didn’t say exactly. He said a few hours. I’m going to try to get there around 11.
Me too. Trying to shift (make up excuses) some things around work to get out there as well. Maybe I'll run into you.

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On Saturday they call me to say that the trainer would be there from 10am to 1pm.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the trainer Maverick I saw at Roseville is a beauty!!! It was a Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT Luxury package. The Area 51 looked great on the Bronco too. Forgive me for what is to come as my thoughts are scattered and I don't want to go back and edit this post. I only checked out the things that were of interest to me.
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_112644

The size is just perfect for someone like me, a suburbanite, who will utilize the truck bed for my dozen or so annual trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, local nursery, and camping trips. I guess you could say it's in the Goldie Locks zone of being not too big and not too small. It certainly did not give off the small truck vibe.

The truck bed is plenty big for these tasks. I was quite shocked to discover how light the tailgate was. It took minimal muscle effort with one arm to lift or brace it. It made me wonder if a tail gate damper would cause it to not open all the way down due to the feathery weight of it. lol. The adjustable tailgate angle took me a quick second to figure out. No issues there. Not sure if anybody was wondering but it was of interest to me, and that was the rail system. I was afraid it might obstruct the lights if I were to install LED bed lighting, and that worry has been put to rest.

The ground clearance looked to be sufficient. It did not have the FX package so I would estimate the clearance to be at minimum 8 inches from the muffler.
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_112121

I'm 5'7' and it was plenty spacious in the front and back after adjusting the seat. The fellow sitting behind me was at least 6' tall and he was comfy. View over the dash and hood was unobstructed. One of the sales person, who was 6'6" hopped in the back while the driver's seat was adjusted all the way back and he fit, although very snuggly and he had to manspread his legs. That's me next to the passenger door, in the window reflection to show the height of the truck.
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_112700

The rear sliding window is small. It's big enough for its intended purpose, but no adult is going to fit thru that opening if you leave it open. I also wanted to see if it would be an obstruction while driving and I am happy to report that is also not a concern.
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_115912

XLT Luxury cloth seats were surprisingly comfy and I did not mind the plastic at all. It'll be that much easier to clean. The backseat under storage is sufficient even with the hybrid battery. Easy operation to pull the strap and lift the back seat up, and to pull the backrest down.
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_115949

Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_115944
Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_115931
That's all I got to report other than to say my general opinion of this truck has gone up after this. I can't wait to get a build date tomorrow. :rolleyes: This truck is going to be a big hit!

Ford Maverick Trainer coming to Roseville 20210929_120013

Last edited:
Sponsored

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the trainer Maverick I saw at Roseville is a beauty!!! It was a Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT Luxury package. The Area 51 looked great on the Bronco too.
Were was the Area 51 Bronco? The Bronco Sport that was out front I think was Cactus Gray. The one with the aftermarket wheels. I asked one of the salesmen if he could check if they had a car in Area 51 and he came back with a no.

Last edited:

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Were was the Area 51 Bronco? The Bronco Sport that was out front I think was Cactus Gray. The one with the aftermarket wheels. I asked one of the salesmen if he could check if they had a car in Area 51 and he came back with a no.
Sorry I didn't clarify. One of my neighbors has one.

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update, I talked to someone else at Future Ford Roseville and they ensured me it would be MSRP. Also he said no deposit. So even if they do the old switcheroo on me there was no risk. Ended up ordering a Velocity Blue, Hybrid, XLT, Lux pack just like the trainer that was there last Thursday. It was great to see it before ordering and a little weird to show up to see the truck I wanted there waiting.
Sponsored