First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav XL (RIP), '22 Velocity Blue Mav XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all-- I asked my dealer for an estimate to get a trailer hitch installed on my XL, and he said it would be roughly $2500. I didn't expect this to come cheap given the price of the hitch (~$450 on the Ford site) and the installation, but this seems steep.

Anyone else look into this? It seems like it might be worth looking into doing it myself with the Curt aftermarket hitch (which partsdirect.ca has for about the same as the Ford OEM).

EDIT: I appreciate the replies and links, but pls note that this is in the Canadian regional forum, so I'm also seeking input from users interacting with dealers in Canada
Sponsored

Last edited:

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that seems steep for just a hitch. Are they installing anything else like coolers, etc.?

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s definitely a, “We don’t want the work but if you’re willing to pay us that much we’ll do it,“ rate.

OP
OP
dan51

dan51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav XL (RIP), '22 Velocity Blue Mav XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have searched, just wondering what the Cdn users are experiencing in terms of estimates.

Problem is that I have $2000 already paid toward accessories (long story) so I might have to put that towards some other goodies.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all-- I asked my dealer for an estimate to get a trailer hitch installed on my XL, and he said it would be roughly $2500. I didn't expect this to come cheap given the price of the hitch (~$450 on the Ford site) and the installation, but this seems steep.

Anyone else look into this? It seems like it might be worth looking into doing it myself with the Curt aftermarket hitch (which partsdirect.ca has for about the same as the Ford OEM).
It won't be an OEM hitch but there seems to be some after market options available Installed for around $700 so shop around 😀

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It can be a DIY project. There are a number of videos available on how to do it. Basically you take the bumper cover off, remove the crash bar and install a crash bar with the trailer hitch receiver (ford part). Reinstall the bumper cover.

Note: The trailer hitch receiver from ford accessories does not include the wiring harness.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

EDIT: I appreciate the replies and links, but pls note that this is in the Canadian regional forum, so I'm also seeking input from users interacting with dealers in Canada
How long before the Captain Obvious's chime in that it is only 100.00 option?

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ADOSPEED had the best DIY hitch install info that I found before doing it myself.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/diy-tow-hitch-installation.10748/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/receiver-for-hitch.3101/

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Gee maybe they bid on 7 pin with Ford integrated with computer controller and reprogramming a bunch of modules, who knows.....

Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you finish the wiring, too?
Yes, At the time i had to use a Curt Bronco Sport trailer harness and modify it by switching 2 wires. Now Kurt offers a harness for the Maverick. Now it is plug and play. I welded a $50 receiver onto the original crash bar and all is good. I bought a 4 and 7 pin plug receptacle, all in about 175.00.

Last edited:

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, you did it at 1:09pm EDT today, so...
No, what I was saying was there were a lot of less than understanding members saying, too bad, you should have just ordered it for 100.00. Problem is not everyone got the option of ordering exactly what they needed. Some had to settle for what was available.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was told by a big rim n' lift shop one day that to swap2 sets of tires I had on rims, all 8 of em sitting in the bed of my truck, that they would do it for $750. Despicable, they could of just told me to fuck off and I would have felt better about it.
Sponsored