First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xl 2.0 tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 maverick xl 2.o with 4k tow package the trailer brake controller does not work not able to set the trailer gain it does not come up on the insterment cluster the dealership can't find a fix for it even after getting help from ford this is the 3rd. Try does anyone know how to get it fixed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark V. C.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the trailer connected?
The trailer does not have to be connected for the trailer gain to see on the insterment cluster the dealership thought that at first to with or with out it not seeing it any where to set the gain

OP
OP

Mark V. C.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does not need that to set the gain still does not work

OP
OP

Mark V. C.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well after the ford engineer came to the dealership he got it to show up on the instrument cluster I then hooked it up to my RV and tried to set the gain it said No Trailer so I went to the Mode setting I set it to Electric and when I went to the Effort setting Heavy-Medium-Light it would not let me set any of them but when I put my foot on the brake it would jump from Trailer Disconnected to Connected after all that jumping it read Connected so I was able to set the gain but then when towing the RV for about 15 miles the Trailer Wiring Fault came up so at a red light I was able to set it again I took to the RV Dealership everything checked out on the RV was OK. WHAT CAN IT BE is there any Tech place I can take it that CAN find a FIX?

Sponsored

LoydBonifide

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
I am having the same problem. I have an instrument to analyze the trailer connections and have verified the controller is applying current and it can be varied by the gain buttons, just no menu, so trailer brake type cannot be set, and there is no visual indication of the gain setting. The dealer service manager is contacting Ford about the issue. I will follow up if I get a resolution.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am having the same problem. I have an instrument to analyze the trailer connections and have verified the controller is applying current and it can be varied by the gain buttons, just no menu, so trailer brake type cannot be set, and there is no visual indication of the gain setting. The dealer service manager is contacting Ford about the issue. I will follow up if I get a resolution.
Seems like a bizarre problem- Like did they totally forget to program this into the main ECU ?

LoydBonifide

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Seems like a bizarre problem- Like did they totally forget to program this into the main ECU ?
I was just informed from Ford that the instrument cluster needs to be reprogrammed, which is what I suspected. I will follow up after my appointment on the 31st.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just informed from Ford that the instrument cluster needs to be reprogrammed, which is what I suspected. I will follow up after my appointment on the 31st.
Wow they did totally miss that- Keep us posted ! Thx-

Sponsored

LoydBonifide

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Update - No solution yet, dealer has had the truck for 6 days with no progress. They have been going back and forth with Ford, still no fix. Instrument cluster was reprogrammed to no avail. I had to take the truck back today, but I need this to be corrected.

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like production delays for anyone with a 4k towing package 😂
Nooooo! Say it isn't so! Bet they forgot a chip in the ole computer, eh?

OP
OP

Mark V. C.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me the dealership had a For Engineering Manager come in to reprogram it he did that I now have visual indication that it's working but after he said it is working I hooked it to the RV it was not working so I took it to the RV dealership to see if the RV was at falt it was not so I called the Ford dealership took it back to them they said everything is OK on the truck so I am just giving up. Did you go on the Ford.com/help/contact/#chat and file the Issue with them and get a case number I did not much help. Me and the RV dealership can't feel the trailer brakes holding the RV back at any gain setting so if anything happens while towing the RV that's on them

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you try to hook up another truck with a brake controller to your trailer to make sure its not something on the trailer? I assume others have gotten the brake controller to work on here? Or is this some sort of issue with all Mavericks?
Sponsored