Sponsored

Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid or any hybrid for that matter.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So while waiting on my Maverick to be built we have been looking at a car for my wife. One that has caught our eye is the new this year coming up Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid. Allocations are starting to be given but nobody knows when they will actually be available. We would like to drive a non hybrid version just to get an idea how they ride and feel over all. There are none in Tucson and only two used ones in all of Phoenix. Just Imagine how hard a hybrid will be to find!

Really are there any Hybrid vehicles that are not a royal pain to get right now? Does anyone have any experience with the Corolla Cross?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid = Hard to Find. We have Maverick hybrids and a Kia Niro hybrid and we love all three of them. My wife's Maverick Lariat hybrid is being built in 3 weeks, so we went today to sell her Maverick XLT hybrid to Carmax and they gave us a good offer, but not sure what to do. It only has 3K miles on it, so might just sell it privately. Kia is small SUV and consistently gives us 50+ mpg, but my local dealer where we got this one 18 months ago has not had one in 6 months - just EV or plug-in hybrids at a ton more money.

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid = Hard to Find. We have Maverick hybrids and a Kia Niro hybrid and we love all three of them. My wife's Maverick Lariat hybrid is being built in 3 weeks, so we went today to sell her Maverick XLT hybrid to Carmax and they gave us a good offer, but not sure what to do. It only has 3K miles on it, so might just sell it privately. Kia is small SUV and consistently gives us 50+ mpg, but my local dealer where we got this one 18 months ago has not had one in 6 months - just EV or plug-in hybrids at a ton more money.
If you trade in the XLT for Lariat you will save a good amount of tax $$$. No tax savings if you sell to Carmax.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you trade in the XLT for Lariat you will save a good amount of tax $$$. No tax savings if you sell to Carmax.
Already looked at that angle. Dealer wants to give me $31K on trade, and that's providing values do not go down by the time Lariat comes in, so still come out about $1,400 better this way.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in Los Angeles and I know someone who went to Avondale Toyota in AZ to get a Tacoma because they were the only dealership within like 1000 miles that had the color/package combo he wanted.

If you're willing to drive out of state, Longo Toyota in Los Angeles gets the highest allocation of Toyotas anywhere in the world and charges no markup, but the waiting list is still so long (because they don't charge markups) that even if you put a deposit on one, you might not see your Corolla cross for 6 months. Might be a good last resort option though.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So while waiting on my Maverick to be built we have been looking at a car for my wife. One that has caught our eye is the new this year coming up Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid. Allocations are starting to be given but nobody knows when they will actually be available. We would like to drive a non hybrid version just to get an idea how they ride and feel over all. There are none in Tucson and only two used ones in all of Phoenix. Just Imagine how hard a hybrid will be to find!

Really are there any Hybrid vehicles that are not a royal pain to get right now? Does anyone have any experience with the Corolla Cross?
I love my 2017 Ford C-Max Hybrid Titanium. Even has auto-park and wave-your-foot to open the tailgate, as well as Push-button start. Easier to find, for sure, than a reasonably-priced new hybrid. Was planning on selling it when the Maverick came in, but set it up for towing and decided to keep both.

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a dealership in Phoenix came through with a built 2023 Corolla Cross hybrid for us. Toyota does things a bit different than Ford on vehicle orders.

First you get on a list for allocations. Then when your up the dealership calls you with the allocation/s they have received. You don't pick the build they just tell you what Toyota is sending them and if it's close to what you want you can say yay or nay.

Then with this dealership at least that is when you pay $1000 down and wait for that unit to be built. When it is built and if you have a trade in you bring your trade and everything is done right then and you have a contract on that vehicle. The deal is done. You then get a loaner car until your new vehicle arrives at the dealership.

In this case we didn't do the down payment because the Cross was already built. We did the trade and are waiting for transportation to dealership and driving the loaner until then. The Cross hybrid is new this year and it is a unicorn even more so than the Maverick. Anyway that's how it goes for high demand low supply vehicles in Toyota Land.
Sponsored