Towing a small camping trailer

donzoh1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'd like to be able to tow a small teardrop or camping trailer...maybe 2000 to 3000 pounds. I would like to tow with a hybrid of some kind so that I can get some electrical power from the tow vehicle when needed overnight. The F150 platform obviously give a good deal more towing capacity but at a higher cost of acquisition. Does anyone have an opinion on whether the Maverick would have a roughly similar power generation/supply capability? I actually like the Prius for this but it is not recommended for towing and even if it was, it would have very limited towing capacity.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid Maverick is rated at 2k lbs max towing capacity. Why aren't you contemplating any power generation from the trailer itself? 12V DC systems are simple and solar friendly to recharge during the day. You can also use DC to AC inverter off 12V battery system if limited AC power needed at times.

BTW: Maverick Hybrid ordering is closed until Spring 2022. Opens again for MY 2023 after that.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much electrical power? If you mean just to run a few LED lights, sure. If you want to run a fridge, A/C or TV you need a dedicated generator.

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
What do you intend to run (load) and where do you intend to need it?
moderate load (no A/C) and a good deep cycle battery with a solar panel will do fine.
If you want A/C, microwave, etc… I would suggest to pony up for a site with power.
going off grid, either sweat or a generator is your ticket.
Sponsored