First Name
Biagio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Late to the party, but I thought that, because of the "uni-body" contruction, that "no wt. distro" hitch was mandated?
I'm super late to this party, what are wt distro hitches? What kind of hitch should I get? I'm new to this trailer thing and going on my first trip with the Mav with a trailer with a dry weight of 3100 lbs. Plus tongue weight I guess that doesn't leave much for cargo, fluids and passengers. What about stuff that I put in the back of the truck? Or do I just evenly distribute it in the trailer with the 60/40 rule. I have so many questions, but so little time. 🤣 🍺
Sponsored

Biagio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Biagio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm super late to this party, what are wt distro hitches? What kind of hitch should I get? I'm new to this trailer thing and going on my first trip with the Mav with a trailer with a dry weight of 3100 lbs. Plus tongue weight I guess that doesn't leave much for cargo, fluids and passengers. What about stuff that I put in the back of the truck? Or do I just evenly distribute it in the trailer with the 60/40 rule. I have so many questions, but so little time. 🤣 🍺
Ford Maverick Towing a 3,204lb (dry weight) Cherokee Wolf Pup 16TS camper -- 2.0 Maverick EcoBoost handled it like a champ! Screenshot_20230731_191246_Chrome

LJB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza & Yaris
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suggest using this site that has a towing calculator available. You plug trailer dry wt. and hitch wt., and the cargo wt. of the vehicle. (includes: passengers, fuel, cargo)
https://www.ford.com/towing/
Sponsored