First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing - that is very encouraging! We're 5 hours north of Backus. Wouldn't mind a Boler, I mean Scamp myself :^)
😁 there all basically the same and built under the Sam licensing agreement, heck Scamp used to build Casita 13ft travel trailers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a cool little trailer. Your ball mount is a little high, I have been looking around for a flat one but have not found one yet. The only ones I see have several balls mounted permanently on them. If anyone finds one let us all know because I think we will need it.
Thanks for the tip, I missed calculated the proper receiver height before I picked it up but I’ve already changed it out.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice scamp. I have a 64’ shasta compact waiting on me to put back together this winter.
Great, share photos when you’re done

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Smart answer to my stupid question. lol. I have an Airstream Nest (DW: 3.5K lbs, Max: 4K lbs) and am waiting for a Maverick with a tow package. No issue to tow this camper with Tundra but wondered if i can tow it with a Maverick w/o any issues. Thanks,
I have the 4K tow package giving 1800 lbs to play with, I had no problems pulling my light weight Scamp trailer even passing tractor trailer at 80 MPH. Towing the 2200 lbs Scamp was really not even noticeable but I’m pretty sure your going to feel something towing the Nest. I’m confident the the Maverick is up to the job but just to let you know the hitch on the Maverick is rated at exactly 4000 LBS.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been to harbor freight Home Depot. Lowe’s. U Haul. I need a interchangeable ball because I have 2 inch and 1 7/8 balls on several different trailers. I’ll find it somewhere on line I’m sure.
just FYI, the straight hitch with 3 welded balls actually has 3 different sizes on there to accommodate different trailer coupler sizes. Might actually be exactly what you wanted after all? Much cheaper than buying all the individual parts too.

Sponsored

Heather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
we want a scamp 16’ but isn’t the wait list like 2 years now?
new it’s anywhere from 14-18 months. We ordered a casita (similar) and have a pick up date 12/2022….they are all made to order, Scamp and casita and are made in batches. Worth the wait! We sold our 16 ft Scamp (2009) this summer, wanted the bath 😊

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I went by the weight listed on the title.
What I did with my boat: went to a scale at a Trucking Center, Wade the whole boat on the trailer. Then move the trailer back so just the tongue weight with the small wheel attachment was on the scale and weighed it.-if it weighs 2100 pounds you want at least 210 pounds on the tongue weight wheel at the same level where it attaches to your vehicle.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that's what I was thinking when I saw the hitch and leveling was off. Hopefully a weight distribution hitch is in his future.
No weight distribution hitch in my future for I’ve already switched receivers to level her out.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the post. I have on order the Lariat Lux, 2.0, 4k tow for precisely the same purpose. I considered the hybrid with the 13' Scamp but after further review decided to play it safe and have the capability of towing the larger Scamp. Good info; gives me confidence that I made the right choice.
I originally ordered a 13’ Scamp to be towed with my Honda CR-V (1500 lbs towing cap.) but after i finished adding options it weighted in at 1750 LBS. drove to Backus MN in June to make sure this was for me and moved up to 16-6. It made sense because I had to get another vehicle anyway. The Maverick with the 4K package was the perfect choice.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
Try tractor supply or rural king.
just FYI, the straight hitch with 3 welded balls actually has 3 different sizes on there to accommodate different trailer coupler sizes. Might actually be exactly what you wanted after all? Much cheaper than buying all the individual parts too.
the problem with that one is if you use one of the opposing balls the other ball is hanging down and the Maverick is so low it will drag on drive ways etc...

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the 4K tow package giving 1800 lbs to play with, I had no problems pulling my light weight Scamp trailer even passing tractor trailer at 80 MPH. Towing the 2200 lbs Scamp was really not even noticeable but I’m pretty sure your going to feel something towing the Nest. I’m confident the the Maverick is up to the job but just to let you know the hitch on the Maverick is rated at exactly 4000 LBS.
That's a nice set-up, I think you hit the "sweet spot" between not enough & too much.

If you haven't already, check the speed rating on those trailer tires, and do be careful! Blow-outs on a single axle trailer can ruin your day quickly.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
The nest is really nice I’ve seen it.However,it’s almost double the cost of a maverick!!

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a nice set-up, I think you hit the "sweet spot" between not enough & too much.

If you haven't already, check the speed rating on those trailer tires, and do be careful! Blow-outs on a single axle trailer can ruin your day quickly.
Tire speed rating 81 MPH

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Not sure why u quoted me I was just saying try tractor supply or rural king I've found many straight hitches with interchangeable balls. I mean almost change their identity as often as ppl in cal. 😆
the problem with that one is if you use one of the opposing balls the other ball is hanging down and the Maverick is so low it will drag on drive ways etc...

Okpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2018/ maverick lariat
new it’s anywhere from 14-18 months. We ordered a casita (similar) and have a pick up date 12/2022….they are all made to order, Scamp and casita and are made in batches. Worth the wait! We sold our 16 ft Scamp (2009) this summer, wanted the bath 😊
Hello. Have you towed your trailer yet ? If so, what are your thoughts. Thanks
Sponsored