Sponsored

Tow package not ordered/needed, license plate bracket relocation options?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered HPR Hybrid XLT. Will be using the truck for contract work and won't be towing so opted out of tow package.
Looking for ideas to center the rear license plate but can't tell from web pics what rear bumper material is or how difficult it would be to relocate. Any recommendations would be great.
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Ordered HPR Hybrid XLT. Will be using the truck for contract work and won't be towing so opted out of tow package.
Looking for ideas to center the rear license plate but can't tell from web pics what rear bumper material is or how difficult it would be to relocate. Any recommendations would be great.
It looks centered if there is no tow package/hitch. I would wait until there was a good picture of one without a hitch before worrying about it. Also if it is not centered, someone will likely make a centering bracket.

OP
OP
CopperMetallic77
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Robert, I was kind of thinking that as well but even on Ford's website when you do the 360 (spin with mouse) thing it shows an XLT with both placement cut outs yet no tow hitch, weird.

Will wait till mine is delivered in 2023 :cool:

Ford Maverick Tow package not ordered/needed, license plate bracket relocation options? Screenshot 2021-08-24 6.11.17 PM

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Robert, I was kind of thinking that as well but even on Ford's website when you do the 360 (spin with mouse) thing it shows an XLT with both placement cut outs yet no tow hitch, weird.

Will wait till mine is delivered in 2023 :cool:

Screenshot 2021-08-24 6.11.17 PM.png
I am so skeptical of preproduction and renders right now it is not funny. People at Sema are possibly the only folks outside of Hermosillo that know for a fact. But I canā€™t imagine that someone will not want to center their plate, or some states laws donā€™t require it for ā€˜reasonsā€™ in fact I have heard at least one state is aware an uncentered license plate can cause cancer.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
or some states laws donā€™t require it for ā€˜reasonsā€™ in fact I have heard at least one state is aware an uncentered license plate can cause cancer.
Spewing crap like this is making it easy to add you to my "ignore" list.

HRG

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spewing crap like this is making it easy to add you to my "ignore" list.

HRG
Feel free, thatā€™s why itā€™s there. If poking fun at prop 65 is what your breaking point is, /shrug

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
My guess is they'll all be the same to streamline production and have the ability to add a hitch later if not from the factory.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is they'll all be the same to streamline production and have the ability to add a hitch later if not from the factory.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I just remain skeptical till we see actual production units. My skepticism should in no way affect your beliefs, (and I suspect it doesnā€™t) we have both seen exactly the same number of production vehicles. One would think though they might follow the same logic as the tow hooks, where I would think I could open up the front bumper and bolt in tow hooks, but apparently I would be wrong. And so, I maintain my skepticism YMMV

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer test drive truck in Dallas TX today. Still off-center,,,

HRG

Ford Maverick Tow package not ordered/needed, license plate bracket relocation options? 2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy work version oxford white

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer test drive truck in Dallas TX today. Still off-center,,,

HRG

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy work version oxford white.jpg
While I am starting to believe it will be off center, I simply donā€™t trust preproduction models to be identical to production, just really really close.

I also expect that someone will build a bracket to center it because 1 there will be a demand for it and 2 there is probably a law somewhere that says it has to be for reasons.

You would think the mounting ability of tow hooks would simply be covered up when you did not buy the hooks, but remarkably you would be wrong.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isnā€™t the Ford F-150ā€˜s front plate offset on some models??? If you relocate the plate to the center, youā€™ll have to somehow move the plate light also...

Ford Maverick Tow package not ordered/needed, license plate bracket relocation options? 1BA76F10-0B9E-4A92-AF5B-6F0DB9BB9D89

Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isnā€™t the Ford F-150ā€˜s front plate offset on current models??? If you relocate the plate to the center, youā€™ll have to somehow move the plate light also...
But an integrated light is trivial.

letā€™s face it, someone is going to shave a Maverick clean as a 90ā€™s minitruckin hood model.
Ford Maverick Tow package not ordered/needed, license plate bracket relocation options? 9C7A4602-63E4-4399-981D-BC288B2D32D0
Sponsored