First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just wanted to start with, I LOVE my Maverick. Great mini truck!! However, I have been dealing with this for a month now and FORD is doing nothing about it. I put together this small video to share what I have gone through. If you don't have a build date yet, I would suggest removing this from your order and snag some lights off Amazon instead. I hope this helps so no one gets a surprise like I did.

Thank You for this info.
Sponsored

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just wanted to start with, I LOVE my Maverick. Great mini truck!! However, I have been dealing with this for a month now and FORD is doing nothing about it. I put together this small video to share what I have gone through. If you don't have a build date yet, I would suggest removing this from your order and snag some lights off Amazon instead. I hope this helps so no one gets a surprise like I did.

Sue

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Says 4, i would ask for $100 back.

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! Screenshot_20211121-185803_Chrome

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

$200 for 4 lights is already expensive IMO, but $100 per light?

On my Ram I just installed this Rotalight on lighting deal right now for $30 and can recommend it.

As the name implies its an LED that rotates to whatever angle you want, is very bright, lithium USB rechargeable, and with a VERY strong magnet. Only thing I had to add was at home depot they have these small round thin rubberized pads that I applied and cut to shape on the bottom of it, as its much more secure and won't scratch like having plastic on paint.

That way you can not only light up your bed where its usually stuck with just a push of the button on top, but you can yank it off and slap it over a wheel well or on the top of a open hood for tons of extra light wherever you need it.
Thanks for the rotalight link, that’s a steal compared to $200 for the package lights. My truck is in build status and I just ordered the rotalight!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the rotalight link, that’s a steal compared to $200 for the package lights. My truck is in build status and I just ordered the rotalight!
NP, although it looks like the lightning sale I mentioned before is over, its $40 now the regular price. These are the anti-skid pads I mentioned adding to the bottom of the light that are only ~$3: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-203661152-_-N&

In combo with the very strong magnets on the light, it ensures that it won't slip no matter how extreme the bumps and protects the paint since its soft and rubbery. Without it, the bottom of that light is plastic.

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! Capture.JPG

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought a set from Cigargoyle , but didn't need/want and they were still in the box. I will install and use them and be very thankful I didn't order them with the Maverick and pay twice as much for them!

Huge shout-out to Cigargoyle! He was a pleasure to do business with!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please post a picture lighting up the bed.
Too lazy to raise the trifold and remove the divider, but they are plenty bright.
Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! 20211122_223501

There are tons of similar products on amazon, I just like these because they have very strong magnets and I wanted a lithium rechargeable that was mostly waterproof (or at least very water resistant), but you could also go with one of the AA type and just use lithium instead of alkaline batteries (alkaline put in extreme temps tend to eventually leak in my experience, destroying whatever they are in).

Last edited:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's an odd mounting location and I would be pissed. What happens when you open the cubby? You are pulling wire!
You can see I have the XL where the cubby doesn't open unless you unbolt it. Its not the same as XLT and Lariatt. It wont be opened.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can see I have the XL where the cubby doesn't open unless you unbolt it. Its not the same as XLT and Lariatt. It wont be opened.
ok, that's not the end of the world.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As of 1128 on 11/23/21 the option is still available for $200 when building a Ford Maverick. Also clearly states "Light up your bed with this set of four LED Bed Lamps."

Pretty straight forward. They owe you 2 lamps or they refund what you spent imo.

I wouldn't let it go. I would start reaching out to every part of Ford customer service I could find. Emailing whatever executives that I could find their email. Seems petty, but I wouldn't let it go. I become a pit bull over shit like this.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
As of 1128 on 11/23/21 the option is still available for $200 when building a Ford Maverick. Also clearly states "Light up your bed with this set of four LED Bed Lamps."

Pretty straight forward. They owe you 2 lamps or they refund what you spent imo.

I wouldn't let it go. I would start reaching out to every part of Ford customer service I could find. Emailing whatever executives that I could find their email. Seems petty, but I wouldn't let it go. I become a pit bull over shit like this.
If I knew of an exec to email I’d be more than happy to. I had a direct Ford survey via email that I made sure to share. It was a 30 day default email after purchasing the Maverick

Downs56

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata, equinox, C10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is pulled straight from my build page. And it clearly says 4 lights! So Ford and I will be having a conversation.

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! A5C8C84F-B66B-49D0-9C02-BCEB2F6BEBC2

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This is pulled straight from my build page. And it clearly says 4 lights! So Ford and I will be having a conversation.

A5C8C84F-B66B-49D0-9C02-BCEB2F6BEBC2.png
Yup. That's what I've been trying to tell Ford and nothing has been done. Good Luck
Sponsored