Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honestly I am not sure this is that big of a deal. Ford didn't do anything wrong. You didn't fully do your homework on this particular option. 4 Lights would have been great but the 2 lights work quite well for a bed this small.
I didn’t do my homework? Did you not watch the video? The build site says it’s came with 4 lights. I simply wanted what was advertised.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry... Took me 21 minutes to like this one.. I'm slacking..

My Maverick was ordered to replace the Equinox that I totaled in July.. Still recovering from the shoulder surgery, so I get some time to peruse the forum...
Been there done that some years ago. Physical therapy is critical to success.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have them on my truck. The dealer decided to install them on the Cubby doors. I wasn't sure how I liked that location, but I am now glad they mounted them there and see why they chose that location. They are very nice and light up the entire bed when illuminated. I think they are a little expensive but 4 lights in that small bed would have been overkill.

light1.jpg

lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg
What about when you want to open the cubby? Is there any issues with the wiring to the lights?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have them on my truck. The dealer decided to install them on the Cubby doors. I wasn't sure how I liked that location, but I am now glad they mounted them there and see why they chose that location. They are very nice and light up the entire bed when illuminated. I think they are a little expensive but 4 lights in that small bed would have been overkill.

light1.jpg

lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg
That's an odd mounting location and I would be pissed. What happens when you open the cubby? You are pulling wire! The website shows it mounted directly to the bed which is a much better option IMO.

That said, does anyone know of a cheaper aftermarket option that is wired in and has the on/off built into the lens? I really like the OEM lights but not $200 worth of like. Who wants to hunt for a switch in the dark though?

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$200 for 4 lights is already expensive IMO, but $100 per light?

On my Ram I just installed this Rotalight on lighting deal right now for $30 and can recommend it.

As the name implies its an LED that rotates to whatever angle you want, is very bright, lithium USB rechargeable, and with a VERY strong magnet. Only thing I had to add was at home depot they have these small round thin rubberized pads that I applied and cut to shape on the bottom of it, as its much more secure and won't scratch like having plastic on paint.

That way you can not only light up your bed where its usually stuck with just a push of the button on top, but you can yank it off and slap it over a wheel well or on the top of a open hood for tons of extra light wherever you need it.
Please post a picture lighting up the bed.

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's an odd mounting location and I would be pissed. What happens when you open the cubby? You are pulling wire! The website shows it mounted directly to the bed which is a much better option IMO.

That said, does anyone know of a cheaper aftermarket option that is wired in and has the on/off built into the lens? I really like the OEM lights but not $200 worth of like. Who wants to hunt for a switch in the dark though?
Use a lighted switch
Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! Screenshot_20211114-175457

Or install magnetic switch which activates the lights when you open the tailgate.
Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! Screenshot_20211114-175437

Last edited:

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
This is what led me to change my order. I was going to do the XLT with some add-ons, including the lumens but for the money I was better off upgrading to the luxury package. I’m not in a super cold area but do get enough frost for the heated wipers/mirrors and the heated seats are good for my back but it started with the you only get two lights in the lumens kit.

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wanted to start with, I LOVE my Maverick. Great mini truck!! However, I have been dealing with this for a month now and FORD is doing nothing about it. I put together this small video to share what I have gone through. If you don't have a build date yet, I would suggest removing this from your order and snag some lights off Amazon instead. I hope this helps so no one gets a surprise like I did.

Thank you for the info, I will not be ordering it from them

Sponsored

Takehold67

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry... Took me 21 minutes to like this one.. I'm slacking..

My Maverick was ordered to replace the Equinox that I totaled in July.. Still recovering from the shoulder surgery, so I get some time to peruse the forum...
Shoulder surgery had rotator cuff surgery in both shoulders I know it sucks

Marce7977

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 maverick

On my Ram I just installed this Rotalight on lighting deal right now for $30 and can recommend it.

As the name implies its an LED that rotates to whatever angle you want, is very bright, lithium USB rechargeable, and with a VERY strong magnet. Only thing I had to add was at home depot they have these small round thin rubberized pads that I applied and cut to shape on the bottom of it, as its much more secure and won't scratch like having plastic on paint.

That way you can not only light up your bed where its usually stuck with just a push of the button on top, but you can yank it off and slap it over a wheel well or on the top of a open hood for tons of extra light wherever you need it.

Marce7977

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 maverick
Hey how many of these did you add to your bed? 2? Do you have any picks of them on. I’d be interested they seem convenient

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh the mixed feelings... Not scheduled yet but can't remove the touchline light cause my order is at a high priority.
Sponsored