Sponsored

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I just wanted to start with, I LOVE my Maverick. Great mini truck!! However, I have been dealing with this for a month now and FORD is doing nothing about it. I put together this small video to share what I have gone through. If you don't have a build date yet, I would suggest removing this from your order and snag some lights off Amazon instead. I hope this helps so no one gets a surprise like I did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
That is a real bummer. Thanks for informing us and sorry they havent solved this for you yet.
Thanks Enderet. It looks like this morning the TOUCHLINK kit has been removed from accessories.ford.com Looks like they are doing some updates, but it would be nice if something was done to make this right.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Bummer, glad I did not buy them and thanks for the heads up.

Ford probably would comp you if they weren't in a total shitshow right now between all their production and customer problems.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just wanted to start with, I LOVE my Maverick. Great mini truck!! However, I have been dealing with this for a month now and FORD is doing nothing about it. I put together this small video to share what I have gone through. If you don't have a build date yet, I would suggest removing this from your order and snag some lights off Amazon instead. I hope this helps so no one gets a surprise like I did.

I watched your vid last night.. Thanks for clarifying and detailing your struggle.

A member here was offering the install kit and I bought it for much less thsn what you guys paid. It was very helpful to know what exactly I was getting!

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I watched your vid last night.. Thanks for clarifying and detailing your struggle.

A member here was offering the install kit and I bought it for much less thsn what you guys paid. It was very helpful to know what exactly I was getting!
The man, the myth, the legend EMD_Driver

I wondered if you were a bot that liked 80% of the posts on the forum or something because I always get reactions from you within like 5 minutes of posting something lol. [hat-tip]

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wondered if you were a bot that liked 80% of the posts on the forum or something because I always get reactions from you within like 5 minutes of posting something lol. [hat-tip]
Sorry... Took me 21 minutes to like this one.. I'm slacking..

My Maverick was ordered to replace the Equinox that I totaled in July.. Still recovering from the shoulder surgery, so I get some time to peruse the forum...

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze

My Maverick was ordered to replace the Equinox that I totaled in July.. Still recovering from the shoulder surgery, so I get some time to peruse the forum...
Dang, hope all is well with that. My mom recently totaled her Palisade and her shoulder is a bit jacked up as well.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have them on my truck. The dealer decided to install them on the Cubby doors. I wasn't sure how I liked that location, but I am now glad they mounted them there and see why they chose that location. They are very nice and light up the entire bed when illuminated. I think they are a little expensive but 4 lights in that small bed would have been overkill.

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! light1

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! lights3

Ford Maverick TOUCHLINK bed lights by Lumens! Be careful if you have this on your order! lights2

Last edited:

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
The bigger lesson here is that you should probably opt out of any dealer-installed option. You would pay less and likely end up doing a better installation job yourself.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have them on my truck. The dealer decided to install them on the Cubby doors. I wasn't sure how I liked that location, but I am now glad they mounted them there and see why they chose that location. They are very nice and light up the entire bed when illuminated. I think they are a little expensive but 4 lights would have been overkill.
$200 for 4 lights is already expensive IMO, but $100 per light?

On my Ram I just installed this Rotalight on lighting deal right now for $30 and can recommend it.

As the name implies its an LED that rotates to whatever angle you want, is very bright, lithium USB rechargeable, and with a VERY strong magnet. Only thing I had to add was at home depot they have these small round thin rubberized pads that I applied and cut to shape on the bottom of it, as its much more secure and won't scratch like having plastic on paint.

That way you can not only light up your bed where its usually stuck with just a push of the button on top, but you can yank it off and slap it over a wheel well or on the top of a open hood for tons of extra light wherever you need it.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Add the to the list off lies from Ford right after a fullsize spare being included in the Lux packages for the Lariat with EB.

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly I am not sure this is that big of a deal. Ford didn't do anything wrong. You didn't fully do your homework on this particular option. 4 Lights would have been great but the 2 lights work quite well for a bed this small.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maybe he is just a driver and job is to wait until call comes in, drives 5-6 minutes and waits for the team to get em ready for transport and then waits for team to unload after driving to destination. One of those hurry up and wait gigs.???

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dang! Sorry to hear about that. Shoulder can take long time.
Sponsored