Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took my first trip from Wichita Fall to DFW (McKinney actually) and was surprised by my mileage. I was expecting to take a big hit on mileage based on all of the hills and the fact that my average speed was ~75 mph (the legal speed limit).

Ford Maverick Took my first trip to Dallas and I was surprised 20230401_161413

I also did some driving around locally, but my milage was pretty good (especially compared to my wife's Enclave that gets about 18 mpg on these trips). I'm quite happy with this truck in the first 1000 miles. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the guys in my family keep asking me if I'm going to get new wheels. I like the steelies and will keep them (at least until I need to change the tires. Hopefully @Discount Tire will have a good sale going on).
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are spot on the money on mileage. I made a trip from Bowie (you had to come thru it from WF to McKinney) to WF yesterday morning to get the front windows tinted on my Mav hybrid, then left there and went to Ft Worth and back home. I did keep it around 70 for the most part and when I pulled into my driveway, I was at 40.5. Gotta love that for what I would call 80/20 highway/city. Hope you continue to enjoy, and yes, you are right, a lot of people do not like the steelies, while other people love them. Good old USA.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Glad to hear you're pleased with the mileage, thank you for sharing! And let us know when you're ready for the rubber; happy to review your options and we'll make sure you're taken care of :cool:

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my first trip from Wichita Fall to DFW (McKinney actually) and was surprised by my mileage. I was expecting to take a big hit on mileage based on all of the hills and the fact that my average speed was ~75 mph (the legal speed limit).

20230401_161413.jpg

I also did some driving around locally, but my milage was pretty good (especially compared to my wife's Enclave that gets about 18 mpg on these trips). I'm quite happy with this truck in the first 1000 miles. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the guys in my family keep asking me if I'm going to get new wheels. I like the steelies and will keep them (at least until I need to change the tires. Hopefully @Discount Tire will have a good sale going on).
I'll keep the steelies if I get my XL! I think they look good. Now, the tires might be a different story. I haven't been impressed with the Continentals that came on my Ranger.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230401_161413.jpg

Good results. Hills are not necessarily the enemy of mpg’s in Mav hybrids (whereas flat, uncrowded interstates are). You also dropped about 360 ft in elevation (948 to 588). Your mpg’s also depends on how congested highways/interstates are. On congested and hilly interstates in Atlanta, I can get 45-47 mpg’s because I run more in electric mode at slow speeds.
Sponsored