First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 6/29. Original build date 11/29, then 12/6, then 12/20, then finally built 1/3/2022. Shipped on 1/4 or 1/5, stalked the rail car movement until it arrived at Wayne Assembly on 1/16, and delivered to the dealer 1/18 (yesterday).

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995). [Update: Ranger of that era actually had a shorter height than the Mav.]

BTW, that Ranger M/T 5-spd with manual windows was anemic with it's 112 HP and 135 ft-#. Fast-forward 27 years later and I get this loaded Mav for $31.8K MSRP??!! DANG...inflation adjusted, this is the best value automobile out there!

The animations on the drive modes are so slick. I like the subtle B&O audio logos. B&O (Harman) did a great job with the audio, and a quiet interior. As quick and as quiet as the similarly-powered 2018 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I'm replacing. Seems like the Mav has better freeway passing ability as compared to our 2018 Fusion Hybrid. The Mav does not come with auto-dimming, electrochromic rearview or sideview mirrors, but I can live with that. The lane centering system is awesome, and way better than the lane keeping aid in my 2018 Fusion.

Alto Blue seems very different in various lighting. I swear I can see some greenish hues at times. My wife disagrees, and tells me I'm color blind. Anyway, it makes me reminiscent of the bluish-green Ford Explorers of the 1990s/2000s. Alto Blue looks almost black when it's overcast. I prefer a purer blue metallic, like the 2022 Mustang Atlas Blue.

But back to the Mav, Alto Blue is a great contrast to the blues in the interior panels and seat trim. I would not want to look at the door jambs of a Velocity Blue Mav against this Lariat interior trim or seating trim.

The Mav feels spacious (front and back) for my 5'7" frame. No floor mats in the back seat? Strange.

39.5 MPG c/h mix on my way home from the dealer on a 38 F morning.

Factory soft trifold tonneau fits well. The weep holes look clean (my build date was after the recall on the weep hole clearing procedure). Here are some pics!

Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0423
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0425
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0406
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0405
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0411
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0413
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0415
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0414
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0417
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0419
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0420
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0421
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0418
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0408
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0409
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hawk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Show this to your wife:

People also ask

Is Alto blue the same as antimatter blue?

Would love some side by side shots in the same lighting. Antimatter is almost black until light hits it which makes a deep blue color. The Alto blue is very dark blue until light hits it which makes greenish hues show in the blue

Last edited:

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks awesome. IMO the Alto Blue goes best with the Lariat interior and these photos don't change my mind one bit. Congrats!

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree Alto is best match for Lariat interior. But too dark of an exterior for me. So I went with Velocity.
I too wonder about the Velocity, when door is closed. Looked ok in pics. I figure, worst case I could wrap the door jab with black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Show this to your wife.

About featured snippets

Feedback

People also ask

View attachment 31619

Would love some side by side shots in the same lighting. Antimatter is almost black until light hits it which makes a deep blue color. The Alto blue is very dark blue until light hits it which makes greenish hues show in the blue

Thank you Hawk! This will help my case for not being color-blind!

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks awesome. IMO the Alto Blue goes best with the Lariat interior and these photos don't change my mind one bit. Congrats!
I agree! Alto Blue goes best with the Lariat interior!

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 6/29. Original build date 11/29, then 12/6, then 12/20, then finally built 1/3/2022. Shipped on 1/4 or 1/5, stalked the rail car movement until it arrived at Wayne assembly on 1/16, and delivered to the dealer 1/18 (yesterday).

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995).

BTW, that Ranger M/T 5-spd with manual windows was anemic with it's 112 HP and 135 ft-#. Fast-forward 27 years later and I get this loaded Mav for $31.8K MSRP??!! DANG...inflation adjusted, this is the best value automobile out there!

The animations on the drive modes are so slick. I like the subtle B&O audio logos. B&O (Harman) did a great job with the audio, and a quiet interior. Not as quick or as quiet as the similarly-powered 2018 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I'm replacing, but it's very close. Seems like the Mav has better freeway passing ability as compared to our 2018 Fusion Hybrid. The Mav does not come with an auto-dimming, electrochromic rearview or sideview mirrors, but I can live with that. The lane centering system is awesome, and way better than the lane keeping aid in my 2018 Fusion.

'Alto Blue' seems very different in various lighting. I swear I can see some greenish hues at times. My wife disagrees, and tells me I'm color blind. Anyway, it makes me reminiscent of some of the bluish-green Ford Explorers of the 1990s/2000s. It's almost black-looking when it's overcast. I prefer a purer blue metallic, like the 2022 Mustang Atlas Blue.

But back to the Mav, Alto Blue is a great contrast to the blues in the interior panels and seat trim. I would not want to look at the door jambs of a Velocity Blue Mav against this Lariat interior trim or seating trim.

The Mav feels spacious (front and back) for my 5'7" frame. No floor mats in the back seat? Strange.

39.5 MPG c/h mix on my way home from the dealer on 38 F morning.

Factory soft trifold tonneau fits well. The weep holes look clean (my build date was after the recall on the weep hole clearing procedure). Here are some pics!

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
Man oh man that is pretty!

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 6/29. Original build date 11/29, then 12/6, then 12/20, then finally built 1/3/2022. Shipped on 1/4 or 1/5, stalked the rail car movement until it arrived at Wayne assembly on 1/16, and delivered to the dealer 1/18 (yesterday).

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995).

The animations on the drive modes are so slick. I like the subtle B&O audio logos. B&O (Harman) did a great job with the audio, and a quiet interior. Not as quick or as quiet as the similarly-powered 2018 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I'm replacing, but it's very close. Seems like the Mav has better freeway passing ability as compared to our 2018 Fusion Hybrid. The Mav does not come with an auto-dimming, electrochromic rearview or sideview mirrors, but I can live with that. The lane centering system is awesome, and way better than the lane keeping aid in my 2018 Fusion.

'Alto Blue' seems very different in various lighting. I swear I can see some greenish hues at times. My wife disagrees, and tells me I'm color blind. Anyway, it makes me reminiscent of some of the bluish-green Ford Explorers of the 1990s/2000s. It's almost black-looking when it's overcast. I prefer a purer blue metallic, like the 2022 Mustang Atlas Blue.

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg

Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0423
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0425
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0406
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0405
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0411
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0413
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0415
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0414
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0417
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0419
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0420
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0421
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0418
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0408
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_0409
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts IMG_20211229_133526032
My 97 Ranger next to Maverick at Dealer. Ranger looks a bit bigger with cap but Maverick a bit taller & wider. (ps, forgot to mention I have heavy duty springs/shocks on my Ranger do it's even a bit taller.)

Last edited:

EdBlueMav

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus 2016

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride.

Sponsored

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
I ordered XLT on 6/30 Alto Blue. How is it you got yours so quickly and I still don't have a build date? Can someone on here explain this please.
The short answer is "No, no one on this site can explain why this is"...the long answer is "no Sir, no one on this site can explain why this is"....

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Show this to your wife.

About featured snippets

Feedback

People also ask

View attachment 31619

Yeah I run into this....Alto Blue was initially my first choice if I were to get a Maverick, but it so often looks almost black that I need to see it in person to know for sure.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
Congratulations on your truck!! I took delivery Wednesday of my Alto blue Maverick, looks almost the same but I got the black rims - you may have seen mine at Wayne also, showed up there over the weekend and then to dealer on Monday...love it so far...

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very nice! I wish I would have upgraded my XLT Lux to Lariat Lux before the price increase, but oh well. The Lariat interior has really grown on me and looks fantastic with the Alto Blue.
Sponsored