Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
Strike 1 Hybrid
Strike 2 Lariat
Strike 3 Lux
Strike 4 SIBL
Strike 5 360

Next inning, I can only swing once. Good thing I'm a patient man. If it came in today, I wouldn't take delivery. I'm going to wait for good weather. I won't be driving it in the winter anyway. Dealer said he would wax it, detail it, and put it on the showroom floor. Use it to sell off of until I pick it up. No problem for me, I'm buying it below MSRP. Ordered Aug 24, 2022. Once you surpass 7 decades+, it takes a lot to rile me. Life's too short to be upset.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will get here eventually

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you live in Illinois, are buying a truck, but dont want to take it out in the snow?
He’s retired, he doesn’t have to go play in the snow. I know the feeling and it’s good.

OP
OP
Richlizzy

Richlizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
I don't mind the snow, I hate the salt. I have a 2011 Expedition with 55K that has never been in snow or salt. I have a 2013 Escape with 148k that is my go to vehicle. This truck will probably be my last new vehicle. It needs to last. It's replacing the Expedition.
As far as playing in the snow, I owned an excavating co for over 40 years. We plowed snow in the winter. I'm done "Playing" in it.

Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strike 1 Hybrid
Strike 2 Lariat
Strike 3 Lux
Strike 4 SIBL
Strike 5 360

Next inning, I can only swing once. Good thing I'm a patient man. If it came in today, I wouldn't take delivery. I'm going to wait for good weather. I won't be driving it in the winter anyway. Dealer said he would wax it, detail it, and put it on the showroom floor. Use it to sell off of until I pick it up. No problem for me, I'm buying it below MSRP. Ordered Aug 24, 2022. Once you surpass 7 decades+, it takes a lot to rile me. Life's too short to be upset.
My dealership (like most) has a standard Doc Fee; Mine is $599.00. I wonder if they would waive that fee if I let them hold my Hybrid for a month to show-off as stated above? Hmmmm.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of us ordered the same thing months before october
We understand your pain

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
My dealership (like most) has a standard Doc Fee; Mine is $599.00. I wonder if they would waive that fee if I let them hold my Hybrid for a month to show-off as stated above? Hmmmm.
To save $600 bucks, you really want people climbing in and out and driving your brand new truck? No way.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To save $600 bucks, you really want people climbing in and out and driving your brand new truck? No way.
Not to drive, just sit in the showroom with plastic over the upholstery for show-and-tell.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to drive, just sit in the showroom with plastic over the upholstery for show-and-tell.
It doesn’t hurt to ask. If they offered me $500, I would still go for it. Of course, I also keep the heat at 55 and don’t use air conditioning.

Sponsored

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot more than that will go down on it.

People will be leaning on it, salesmen included, snacks will be near it, kids climbing in and out while parents leave them unattended while trying to buy a car. Auto showrooms can be complete zoos and parents suck at watching their kids.

That is beyond the basic attitude people will have towards it and the "not their truck" mentality. Door slams will happen in spades.

I think keeping a bunch of random strangers off and out of my truck is worth $600.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I'd want them to wax a brand new vehicle. Maybe just spray it with some silicon. Especially considering what we've seen with soft paint. Maybe ask them to hold off on the wax for 30 days.

OP
OP
Richlizzy

Richlizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
OK. Just to clear up a few things. I ordered it in August, not October. Small town (3200 people) dealer that I have been buying from for 30+ yrs. I play golf with the owner or his salesman once a week, weather permitting. It will not be driven, and I trust everyone in the dealership. Trust me, he will take care of it and me. His wife is the account manager, her assistant is my neighbor. The Service manager is shirtail relation, and I know most of the mechanics. And NO DOC fees. Believe me, I'm saving more than $600 whether I take as soon as it comes in or not. And with a showroom that will only hold 2 vehicles, and in a town where everybody knows everybody, I'm sure it won't be mistreated.

It pays to be small time. No way will I ever buy from a big town mega dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited: