Sponsored

Tonneau Cover Fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tugged the cable of my new UltraFlex tonneu to flip open the 2nd panel the other day and voila, the latch falls right off. Emailed Undercover this morning for warranty advice/repair. Based on reviews, I thought these tonneaus were some of the very best. It's barely 2 months old and only flipped open a couple of dozen times. Now I'm worried that more latch blow-out could happen over time. Have any of you run into this problem? What did you do to fix it? What's your experience with Undercover (the company) when it comes to warranty repairs? Thanks in advance.

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Fail IMG_0410.JPG
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that’s bad, would expect even in cheapest knock off versions that would be a well tested part for thousands of cycles.
That’s not the part to go cheap on and hope it makes it to any warranty period.
Good luck, has to be defective from the start to fail So quick

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tugged the cable of my new UltraFlex tonneu to flip open the 2nd panel the other day and voila, the latch falls right off. Emailed Undercover this morning for warranty advice/repair. Based on reviews, I thought these tonneaus were some of the very best. It's barely 2 months old and only flipped open a couple of dozen times. Now I'm worried that more latch blow-out could happen over time. Have any of you run into this problem? What did you do to fix it? What's your experience with Undercover (the company) when it comes to warranty repairs? Thanks in advance.

IMG_0410.JPG
I had something similar happen on my new BakFlip X4, though not as severe. Cable slipped out of the crimp connecting it to the white plastic tab. BakFlip would not honor a parts warranty, but I pleaded and they shipped me a new latch assembly. Easy to fix, but didn't endear them to any recommendations.

tellyouwhat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick Hybrid Alto Lux BAP 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
man that’s crazy, let us know what warranty says. Out of all the tonneau I was gonna get one of these. Don’t have mav yet but pops has Ultraflex on his titan and 3 years no issues so that’s why I had my eye on it. that’s way too new, you shouldn’t have to just fix yourself. hope they help you out.

Reactions: Dad

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was an UnderCover dealer for many years and sold a lot of UltraFlex covers. It was actually our go-to because we rarely had a problem. When we did, the customer service was very good but our status as a dealer sometimes got us a better response than if the customer called in directly. That's why we always told customers to contact us and let us deal with any problems for them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
man that’s crazy, let us know what warranty says. Out of all the tonneau I was gonna get one of these. Don’t have mav yet but pops has Ultraflex on his titan and 3 years no issues so that’s why I had my eye on it. that’s way too new, you shouldn’t have to just fix yourself. hope they help you out.
Yes, it's a 3 year warranty. Emailed, but maybe calling them might be better. I'll do that tomorrrow. Thanks.

mlj427

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 23 Maverick XLT, Silverado, Town Car,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did someone try to break in and pull it apart?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did someone try to break in and pull it apart?
No, don't think so. It's the 2nd-panel driver's side where the latch failed. Probably just rivet it back in place if there's no warranty repair solution.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, turns out there's an easy fix. Just needed to relocate the screws a bit.
Here's the video I got from the company rep. Thanks, everybody.
Sponsored