Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to be where you are at. Challenger T/A's and Cuda AAR. Kawasaki 2 stroke Triples & Z 1000 both the classic ones and the Streetfighter. Crossfire AMG supercharged roadsters. Sold them all and currently drive a 17 year old Ranger. What does that say about me now. I guess too old now for all that machinery. Good luck with your decision.
I'm getting to that point, too. I have a sailboat and a powerboat, a dingy, a little camper, kayaks, paddle boards, a nice car and a Tacoma, and I'm beginning to feel that all the stuff is owning me. Would be nice to simplify and save so much $$$ on insurance, registrations, maintenance, etc. The MaV is going to replace the Tacoma (since it's a gas-guzzling stick shift that the wife can't drive), and honestly I could see getting rid of the nice car, too, if we end up using the MAV all the time.
Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A cheap faraday bag for your key could cut down or stop the “click/clacking” you hear unless you open the door, hood or tailgate if it’s bothering you a lot. I bought mine from Amazon, think it was only a few dollars too.

How? I walk past my garaged XLT FX4 daily to get to my other car outside and it makes no noise, alerts, or other indications even with my phone in my pocket and WiFi on. The instant I take the Maverick key out of the faraday bag even if I’m 20 feet away, those relays turn on in anticipation of sending data to the Ford pass app or me entering the truck to drive it.

Regarding selling the truck, I see your location and given you enjoy fun vehicles like the M3, I’d go Bronco too. Life is too short, enjoy the toys while you can. There will always be another truck out there in the future in my opinion so if you don’t truly need a truck as it seems reading your post, take a moment to enjoy the Bronco while you can.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yup Cavana and Carmax will be my first options including offer up.

I have invested 1300 in ceramic coat and windshield protection film. Not including the bug guard and the soft open tailgate
Add Vroom to your list because currently for me Carvana is low balling offers and Vroom's offer is $6k higher than Carvana's.

Ford Maverick To sell or not to sell hummmmmm.... Vroom 7-24-2022.JPG

Ford Maverick To sell or not to sell hummmmmm.... Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid 07-24-22.JPG

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting to that point, too. I have a sailboat and a powerboat, a dingy, a little camper, kayaks, paddle boards, a nice car and a Tacoma, and I'm beginning to feel that all the stuff is owning me. Would be nice to simplify and save so much $$$ on insurance, registrations, maintenance, etc. The MaV is going to replace the Tacoma (since it's a gas-guzzling stick shift that the wife can't drive), and honestly I could see getting rid of the nice car, too, if we end up using the MAV all the time.
You hit the nail right on the head there, BuddyS with them owning you. Even my Ranger is in that category now to a point as it is so old I need to be tinkering with it a lot just to keep it running and looking top shelf. At my age now, I just want to drive it and take care of it, not be married to it. LOL.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your on the fence take advantage of trading or selling it for about $5000 over MSRP now. Do it soon before Ford starts to do what GM is planning. GM wants to cancel the warranty to the second owners if you trade in or sell in the first year. This is on their high demand vehicles. Plus you might not be able to get anything later if there really is an issue that tarnishes the resale value of Hybrid.
Even if Ford would go that route, not certain they can legally backdate to entail prior-purchased vehicles. Plus, on my Maverick, the paper I signed at the dealer specified we could not resell it only within the first SIX months.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really love all of the encouraging comments from everyone and looking out beyond 18 months looks like I will still be employed to keeping fingers crossed.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add Vroom to your list because currently for me Carvana is low balling offers and Vroom's offer is $6k higher than Carvana's.

Vroom 7-24-2022.JPG

Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid 07-24-22.JPG
wow thanks for the heads up

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With those cars, sell the Maverick. The Maverick is a great car and I love mine, but they will soon be a dime a dozen. It is the least expensive new car in America...they are going to sell a ton of them. You will be able to replace it without much trouble once things get back to normal. I know...who knows when that is...but it will happen and you and your M3 will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With those cars, sell the Maverick. The Maverick is a great car and I love mine, but they will soon be a dime a dozen. It is the least expensive new car in America...they are going to sell a ton of them. You will be able to replace it without much trouble once things get back to normal. I know...who knows when that is...but it will happen and you and your M3 will be laughing all the way to the bank.
NOT going into the political arena here as I hate that crap, so I will say like most things in life nothing ever sweeps clean like a new broom. Until we get a new broom and someone with the chutzpah to work it things are not going to change dramatically. Besides, we may never see things as they were. The automakers very well may see the advantages of low inventory and the dealers the advantage of selling at or around MSRP instead of having to dump inventory.

I purchased my current truck in the month of February. It had an August inspection sticker meaning that truck sat on the lot for 6 months before I bought it and was heavily discounted. I fear those days are gone forever.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am at a crossroads so to speak of with my XLT Mav... I love this thing more than all its quarks buttt.

With all the stories of dead, and power loss and all the quick unrefined fixes (recalls) coming down the pipe. Not sure how dependable this first generation wonderful truck will last me.

And if it was not the endless click clack and clack clicks it does on its own when off and parked for hours on end, it is leading me to believe that there is a few more build years and design iterations to get this truck just right.

Perhaps as the demand for this truck is so high at this moment that I should let it go to someone that is willing to pay for it. 1700 miles on the clock now.

In addition I have a Base Squatch on order and to be arriving sometime in November this year if all goes well. I would rather put my equity into a 2022 Bronco.

I paid 28890 for my mav and I am on the books to pay 38565 for the Bronco.

The dealer already said "we will pay you more for the Mav" then I paid when the Bronco arrives.

What are everyones thoughts? Am I nuts or just stupid or both :ROFLMAO: In My heart I want both and can afford it but I can't keep my E46 M3 too as that would be over the top.

My son said that he will disown me if I sell the E46 with its half Mclaren engine under the hood?? But not sure what he means by that.

I love all my cars, they have been hand selected and cared for and each everyone is limited in availability.
Just sell it. As for the click-clacks, that isn’t anything to worry about.
Sponsored