First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know... that's what my partner said. But I really don't want to spend any more energy on this. I ordered this car 5 months ago. I'm not going to get a Maverick from them. They don't have another FX4 sitting on their lot... and neither does any other dealer. So there won't be any solution, just more of me having to deal with this. I filed a complaint with Ford, and if Ford does anything it will likely take future allocations from the dealer. That's all they can do. When I mentioned that to the General Manager he changed his tune and asked me not to contact Ford and that he would "put me on a list" in case someone cancelled a future Maverick order.

I really don't want to deal with these people any more
If you do not have the energy, then your dealer will just keep taking advantage of other people. Do nothing and you will be watching us all drive our Mavericks wishing you had yours.

The dealer wants you to keep quiet! Report this to the Ford Maverick team 800.334.4375 and ask to speak to a manager. I would also call and write the CEO Jim Farley every board member on their website. Give them a copy of your order which was built specifically for you under your name and DL#. Tell them to deliver a FX4 to you next week because your order got stolen from you by your dealer. They can pull a Mav off the line for you next week they have the power to do this.

Farley told the public he will not stand for what dealers are doing to their buyers so hold him accountable to this promise. https://corporate.ford.com/about/leadership.html

Here is a descendant of Henry Ford that is on the Board. Alexandra Ford English is her name. She should be disgusted and embarrassed on behalf of Henry himself about your experience. https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwome...nglish-joins-ford-motor-company.html?page=all

This link shows the Board members, including people involved with organizations such as Catholic Charities, John Deere, MetLife, Dartmouth College, and Dell. If they do nothing after hearing about your situation, that can easily be interpreted that they are complicit enablers of future harassment of consumers and fraudulent business practices by Ford and even at their own firms. https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/F/company-people

Most importantly, Farley should be very concerned about the bad will his dealer placed all over Ford's name and should publicly apologize to you on his Twitter account so we all can see that he truly cares about his customers. That is what a good leader would do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
I'm not doubting you, but I'm just curious.

How are you already paying on a truck that hasn't been delivered yet?

I've never heard of a deal like that, so I'm interested to know how it works.

Thanks...
Probably has their own financing done with a buyers order or something. I just did that on a vehicle myself. Got my financing done and loan started the very moment i docusigned it making my loan active and started to accrue interest even though the car was still sitting at a port in FL.

Although i did not hand the dealer check from my financial institution until delivery day 10 days later.

That could be one scenario.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably has their own financing done with a buyers order or something. I just did that on a vehicle myself. Got my financing done and loan started the very moment i docusigned it making my loan active and started to accrue interest even though the car was still sitting at a port in FL.

Although i did not hand the dealer check from my financial institution until delivery day 10 days later.
I can see how that would work as long as the loan was not secured by the vehicle. The buyer is just getting an unsecured loan (or a loan secured by something else) and then using the proceeds of that loan to buy the vehicle.

But if it was secured by the vehicle it's harder to understand how it works. How does the bank know that you will actually get the vehicle? (In today's climate, you don't even know if you will get it.)

How did it work in your case?

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bet the owner of the dealership is pleading with Google to remove the negative reviews claiming they aren’t actual buyers.
I doubt a handful of one star reviews will affect their overall rating. But, it is telling that they treated OP like garbage and decided to do nothing to remedy the situation until the dogs were let loose on them.

Mimmoc10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator & Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you do not have the energy, then your dealer will just keep taking advantage of other people. Do nothing and you will be watching us all drive our Mavericks wishing you had yours.

The dealer wants you to keep quiet! Report this to the Ford Maverick team 800.334.4375 and ask to speak to a manager. I would also call and write the CEO Jim Farley every board member on their website. Give them a copy of your order which was built specifically for you under your name and DL#. Tell them to deliver a FX4 to you next week because your order got stolen from you by your dealer. They can pull a Mav off the line for you next week they have the power to do this.

Farley told the public he will not stand for what dealers are doing to their buyers so hold him accountable to this promise. https://corporate.ford.com/about/leadership.html

Here is a descendant of Henry Ford that is on the Board. Alexandra Ford English is her name. She should be disgusted and embarrassed on behalf of Henry himself about your experience. https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwome...nglish-joins-ford-motor-company.html?page=all

This link shows the Board members, including people involved with organizations such as Catholic Charities, John Deere, MetLife, Dartmouth College, and Dell. If they do nothing after hearing about your situation, that can easily be interpreted that they are complicit enablers of future harassment of consumers and fraudulent business practices by Ford and even at their own firms. https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/F/company-people

Most importantly, Farley should be very concerned about the bad will his dealer placed all over Ford's name and should publicly apologize to you on his Twitter account so we all can see that he truly cares about his customers. That is what a good leader would do.
Here is his email:
[email protected]

Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know... that's what my partner said. But I really don't want to spend any more energy on this. I ordered this car 5 months ago. I'm not going to get a Maverick from them. They don't have another FX4 sitting on their lot... and neither does any other dealer. So there won't be any solution, just more of me having to deal with this. I filed a complaint with Ford, and if Ford does anything it will likely take future allocations from the dealer. That's all they can do. When I mentioned that to the General Manager he changed his tune and asked me not to contact Ford and that he would "put me on a list" in case someone cancelled a future Maverick order.

I really don't want to deal with these people any more
I would have told them to give you the biggest employee discount they have for a current vehicle they have on the lot now, or you're going to blast their name and report them everywhere.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We ordered more than one vehicle from this dealer, a Maverick and a Ranger. They're trying to tell me that I confused them by placing multiple custom orders, and that despite calling the general manager several times since January to check on the Maverick, discuss financing, discuss trade in options for my Escape, etc. He didn't think I wanted it.

It's a load of crap.
Not good enough. They could have maybe used this bullshit excuse if you ordered 2 Mavericks, but can't now.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not doubting you, but I'm just curious.

How are you already paying on a truck that hasn't been delivered yet?

I've never heard of a deal like that, so I'm interested to know how it works.

Thanks...
I ordered through military Auto Sales while stationed in Italy. They basically demand payment in order for the vehicle to ship. However mine after the dealer was notified was enroute got a chip hold. As such my loan already had been financed and started in February (it had a 'guaranteed' delivery date of Feb 4th originally). In the interim I came back to my old job in the States and they have to use a dealer out here to do the Prep. The vehicle went to Maryland where it was scheduled to ship to Italy and was re-routed to Titus-Will where I should be able to get it next week. Ford was unwilling to directly ship it here after the delay so I am eating a bit of extra transportation costs as well.

I am a 1 in a million situation though. I would have canceled my order had I been able to find one on a lot when I was looking, but eventually Ford got it sorted and shipped and I will take delivery that much closer to having it paid off, not that I have been happy about paying for a vehicle I haven't taken delivery on...

So unless someone wants to buy a vehicle on a military base overseas but take delivery in the States they would never be able to replicate my own situation.
Sponsored