First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a signed contract with the dealer (signed by both of you, that is), this might be one of the few cases I've seen on the forum that is worth taking to court.

I would at least visit with a lawyer about it. You may be able to find one who will meet with you for free (for a short visit) and they might get interested.

The court can't really force the dealer to give you the truck (it's gone) but one common measure of damages in a non-performance contract case is the difference between what you would have paid and the current market value of the truck. (My hope in all these cases is that courts will also find a way to heap additional amounts of damages on the dealer for deceptive practices.)
Sponsored

PDX Mavrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
There is also the issue that they are using you and your driver's license to order a vehicle to which they ordinarily can't order. The dealer is breaking its agreement with you to get an asset for themselves. If they then turn around and sell that asset, it should be fairly easy to show the profit to the dealer from this.

However, unless there is an attorney fee provision in a statute or contract, attorneys aren't going to be interested and it won't be worth it to you to hire one.

Washington has some decent consumer protection laws on the books. It may be worth it to call a lawyer that specializes in consumer protection cases. If they aren't interested, the attorney generals office tracks complaints of this nature.

Ford also doesn't need the public black eye of their direct ordering model getting sabotaged and abused by slimy dealers. Drawing attention to this may not help you, but it may improve future transactions for other people.

Sorry this happened to you.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with the way I think the OP is leaning.

Leave a bad review and move on. Life is too short to fight every fight and to lose sleep over every time someone cheats or slights you.

Go ahead and flame me, no problem.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I've said on other threads, if this were a problem that would only impact me then I would lean toward leaving the bad review and moving on.

HOWEVER, you are directly able to influence how this problem persists with others, not just you in this case. For the sake of other people's satisfaction, I would want to do what I could to seek corrective action from the dealer so that they do not continue to feel as though they can simply screw people over and they will just walk away with a slap on the wrist.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Maverick XLT FX4 in early January from Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma, WA. I got an email today from Ford saying it had been delivered. When I called the dealer they told me they had sold it to someone else.

I called Ford to file a complaint. But the truck has already been driven off their lot, so I doubt there's anything Ford is going to be able to do.

The general manager tried to tell me that he was confused about my order. But i know they probably charged whoever they sold it to an additional $5k. The Gen Manager had signed my original order and promised me MSRP. And in January when I ordered he had joked about how much he could mark up a Maverick if he had one "on the lot."

This is possibly the worst I've ever been treated by a Ford Dealer. The worst part is that my partner and I had ordered two different vehicles from this dealer and now we don't want the second car simply because I don't want to deal with these people ever again.
I’m so sorry this happened to you, horrible. FYI I bought mine from Bowen Scarff in Kent, paid MSRP, no games. I totally recommend them

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gee, all I see in the state franchise law wars (keep Tesla out) is NADA lecturing everyone about how noble dealerships are. I'm shocked, shocked that dealerships are often owned and operated as predatory monopolies protected by well-paid-off politicians, newspapers, and tv stations (campaign contributions, lobbyists, and advertising dollars hard at work - that's the American way).

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure if this happens to me I'm gonna buy a C6 and never own another ford product.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no idea why these threads always generate so much hate to the op. They get to react any way they want, we’re not in their shoes. It’s good that they are bringing these issues to light as at the very least it helps the thousands roaming these forums to pick and choose from dealers when (if) they decide to order a Maverick.

what is concerning to me is that the Ford account has been active on the forum today, they offered to help someone with a glitchy shifter knob. That sounds like a tsb issue so I guess that’s a priority. Shady dealer selling a truck out from under a customer that ordered that truck 6 months ago? It’ll all blow over, and Ford still got their money anyway so let’s just wait it out… or at least that’s what it looks like to me.

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I will probably get flamed, but some of OP story doesn't make sense.
  • Been driving a PHEV Escape for over 18 months.
  • Waited 5 months
    • Order date stated is Jan 5, 2022 XLT FX4 Lux tow
    • stated scheduled 1/27
    • To be built week of March 21
  • Ordered Maverick and Ranger at same time yet Maverick arrives first?

Sponsored

eddiejsw

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m so sorry this happened to you, horrible. FYI I bought mine from Bowen Scarff in Kent, paid MSRP, no games. I totally recommend them
Not sure if it was you or @bgn who's posts I saw but I remember searching for positive interactions with MSRP no markup dealers so I went with Bowen Scarff too. Still no build date but at least I can hopefully sleep easy I won't get screwed over.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a signed contract with the dealer (signed by both of you, that is), this might be one of the few cases I've seen on the forum that is worth taking to court.

I would at least visit with a lawyer about it. You may be able to find one who will meet with you for free (for a short visit) and they might get interested.

The court can't really force the dealer to give you the truck (it's gone) but one common measure of damages in a non-performance contract case is the difference between what you would have paid and the current market value of the truck. (My hope in all these cases is that courts will also find a way to heap additional amounts of damages on the dealer for deceptive practices.)
And the
Does anyone know how to get a hold of a "zone Manager"? Our dealer gave us a phone number 800-380-3880 with a persons name and extension and the when you call, there is a long message basically saying the number is no longer works and you must have the persons direct line or cell phone.
I don't think zone managers would deal with consumers? They are the dealers' contact with Ford. Usually have to call a number and enter dealership info to talk to one.
Sponsored