mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah they do. The only unusual thing is that they won't ever provide you a loaner, you have to get your own loaner and they pay for it.
  • Bumper to Bumper warranty: 60 months/60,000miles
  • Corrosion perforation warranty: 84 months/ unlimited distance
  • Maintenance warranty: 36 months/36,000miles
  • Powertrain warranty: 120 months/100,000miles
  • Roadside assistance coverage: 60 months/ unlimited distance
Capture.JPG
5 years bumper to bumper is generous compared to our 3 :(.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I the only one but do others find the cruz fugly?
Its gross, I dont know maybe it will grow on me but I love most ugly cars, Element, Soul, Cube, heck even the Aztec looks better- lol

Deleted member 1483

Really like the styling
This is probably the one thing I can't say I agree on. It really suits an SUV but just looks weird on a truck.

I will relent the Santa Cruz with the turbo motor would be a very fun vehicle to drive.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its gross, I dont know maybe it will grow on me but I love most ugly cars, Element, Soul, Cube, heck even the Aztec looks better- lol
I like all of those minus the Aztec! Ridgeline 1st gen I also thought was cool. Then again people also hate on the Cybertruck, but I like it. Styling wise, I have no issues with the SC. Most of my complaints are that it doesn't let you customize it like you can a Maverick (for example to get a turbo you have to also get a manual rear window port and sunroof and 10" digital instrument cluster and upgraded headlights and retracting tonneau which raises the price a ton).

What I'd like is just a base inexpensive trim like the one below where the owner blacked out the factory 18" wheels (not sure if wrap or painted), but with the turbo, but no such thing exists. Maybe they'll make an n-line trim soon and make it in more colors (the Maverick is way more customizable in that regard too):
Ford Maverick tired of the wait- test drove a Santa Cruz 278C1AAE-3665-473D-B9D0-CF373C4C3C9C

Either way, can't wait to see reviews with the Maverick and Santa Cruz duking it out head to head. Should be exciting!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like all of those minus the Aztec! Ridgeline 1st gen I also thought was cool. Then again people also hate on the Cybertruck, but I like it. Styling wise, I have no issues with the SC. Most of my complaints are that it doesn't let you customize it like you can a Maverick (for example to get a turbo you have to also get a manual rear window port and sunroof and 10" digital instrument cluster and upgraded headlights and retracting tonneau which raises the price a ton).

What I'd like is just a base inexpensive trim like the one below where the owner blacked out the factory 18" wheels (not sure if wrap or painted), but with the turbo, but no such thing exists. Maybe they'll make an n-line trim soon and make it in more colors (the Maverick is way more customizable in that regard too):
278C1AAE-3665-473D-B9D0-CF373C4C3C9C.jpeg

Either way, can't wait to see reviews with the Maverick and Santa Cruz duking it out head to head. Should be exciting!
Well it does look better in white, all the other colors are dark shades and just make the angles look odd and out of spec

Last edited:

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How were you able to legally dive the SC? Didn’t your eyes melt after looking at the ugly abomination?

To each their own but it’s:sick: to me.

OP
OP

nelsont

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
How were you able to legally dive the SC? Didn’t your eyes melt after looking at the ugly abomination?

To each their own but it’s:sick: to me.
I prefer the style of the SC over the Maverick myself, very sexy. But as someone else said the Maverick has more flexible build options, better colors.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it does look better in white, all the other colors are dark shades and just make the angles look odd and out of spec
I'm partial to the light blue or the dark gray for the SC, which ironically is the same for me on the Maverick.
Ford Maverick tired of the wait- test drove a Santa Cruz 586b9c76355241c38717907f9f4e423a

The reason for liking a shade of gray on both, is that the unpainted handles and bumpers seem to blend in better, and then there's color matching concerns. The SC has a silver front grill on lower trims, and silver matches with gray just fine since its neutral. On the Maverick, the gray means it will match the interior blues since its neutral, and obviously blue exterior also won't clash with the blue interior. So either way I was probably going to end up with gray or maaaaybe blue.
Ford Maverick tired of the wait- test drove a Santa Cruz Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT pickup truck 2

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think except for the front view, rear view, profile, wheels, and interior the SC is a beauty.
So, I guess you think it looks good from underneath though. Nice looking axles and exhaust? ;)

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a Santa Cruz today, in real life. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My eye didn't like it at all. And it doesn't come in a hybrid.

I'm not at all jealous.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Local dealer had a Satnta Cruz SEL AWD with non turbo motor. I couldnt resist looking and driving.
Over all am very impressed with the unit, build fit and finish very good. Drove out nicely except the motor is a slug. Cant imagine having to pull anything close to the 3500 lb. rating. press the gas and it just like a Harely, gets loud but dont really go anywhere in a hurry.
Really like the styling and has more standard safety features and a kick ass warranty compared to the Maverick.
But they are in short supply also and i was told i couldnt order a unit and guarantee I would get it or when.
Just gotta gather my patients I guess.
I was looking at these pretty hard . I haven't test driven any of them. But wouldn't consider anything other than the turbo version. I knew when I saw the specs. The base would be a slug.

If I could get the turbo in the same price range as the Maverick. I'd strongly consider the SC. That warranty is tough to beat!
In normal times,. I'm sure I could easily get it for the same price as a turbo XLT.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a Santa Cruz today, in real life. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My eye didn't like it at all. And it doesn't come in a hybrid.

I'm not at all jealous.
Saw one last week in person in Salt Lake City. I was with a big group and they all commented on how hideous it looked. My family has had great experiences with Hyundai, I would have looked at a Hyundai well before I considered a Ford, but as soon as I saw what the Santa Cruz would look it was totally out of the question. I have always driven econoboxes so normally don't care about such things, but it is SO ugly.

mikedege

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the faux headlights that aren't really the headlights! Have you seen this beast at night?

Mike
Sponsored