Tired of the Auto Stop Start? Install Autostop Eliminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
I get it, it's not that hard to turn it off each time you start the car. But why should I have to if I never want that feature? Who's car is it anyway? Just like the paint color, wheel finish, or upholstery material, I should be able to set up my vehicle the way I want it as long as I pay for it. It's not essential or else it wouldn't be turned off automatically when you go into Sport mode. I think it's Ok to not peacefully give in to stuff you don't like. Complaints to Ford and customers buying aftermarket devices to keep something turned off are the way things get improved.

Anyway, if my Mav has a wire like this on the battery, I'm going to pull it and see if that turns off the Start/Stop. It did on my Jeep so maybe it will work on the Mav too. Check out time mark 3:30 on this video: How to PERMANENTLY Disable Auto Start Stop on Ford Vehicles WITHOUT A PLUG OR A TUNER (Fusion) - YouTube
Sponsored

perfectlyfrank

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must be talking Eco boost not hybrid, So I don't know if you have the answer but would it be needed on the hybrid also
Turning the gas engine on and off is an integral part of a hybrid system, so not only would it not be needed, it could not be used.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not even scheduled yet and I bought this. Thanks for posting about it!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sort of understand the hate, but how many people here have even experienced this feature?

Maverick is the 3rd vehicle I've driven with it. My 19 ranger had it and I got used to it. It didn't work well, but I see value in it and put up with it. It was fairly seamless, worked well enough.

Then I rented a Toyota RAV4. Awful awful just #$&+_$ing awful. It turned over way worse than when starting the car, it was a violent start, no other way to describe it but jarring! I would never have put up with that.

Now the Maverick. Ten times better than the ranger! As close to seamless as this sort of feature can get. I am also using it with the brake hold, and from a stop I hit the gas and the truck is both started and moving in a split second.

Give it a try in the Maverick before you dismiss the feature outright.

Sponsored

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
y'all know that autostop/start changes City MPG by almost 10%, right?

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
y'all know that autostop/start changes City MPG by almost 10%, right?
No I don’t think so, I tried to use it for a week and my mileage stayed the same. Pulling out quickly when you don’t realize your truck is off is pretty unnerving. Even if you saved a buck here and there, what about start up wear and tear. I would love for the settings screen to include an auto start stop default option where you change it from default on to default off. Then if i wanted to use it i could push the button, but upon start up it would default to off. Of course that is what the eliminator does.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can’t the dealer turn this off fOr diagnostics purposes and sorta forget to turn it back on.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Talk and research is definitely headed in the direction of EV’s, and likely to hybrids for the foreseeable future because we don’t have the infrastructure for full EV support, and I won’t likely see it in my lifetime (76 next month). Whether you want all these fuel saving features or not, I’m sure the auto makers are feeling the pinch of having to make the last ICE generations more economical and fuel efficient. Thus the features like this one. New York Times today talks about the competition for rights to the world’s limited cobalt resources, for use in battery production. It’s not hard to extrapolate the rising cost of gas and oil, as the Middle East starts losing out to EV’s and production starts to drop off. So making features like the auto-start/stop a philosophical issue is moot. The manufacturers are going to add this stuff to future vehicles whether we want it or not, to stretch ICE usage out to the point where it will be impractical to rely on it, and only affordable for the well off. Again, long after I am gone. I might have ordered the hybrid this time around if it had been a little more suitable for highway driving (I also bought the hype that the 2.0 would be delivered sooner). If I am still driving 5 years from now I’m sure the technology will offer vastly improved choices in the EV segment, and I won’t have to deal with these annoying fuel-saving workarounds.

Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
I will be ordering this as soon as my Maverick gets scheduled for production. It’s is well worth the $100 to me.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would imagine that could be turned off with Forscan? I don't know but I'll give it a try once I get mine.
This guy seems to know whereof he speaks, and pointedly does not recommend using Forscan (about the 1:04 mark). Would surmise the Maverick would react no differently than other Ford trucks with auto on/off.

Mav_Not

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion hybrid, 16 Focus, 20 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Much of the time I drive my 2020 Ranger with the climate control set for the front defroster air flow only. On this setting the auto start/stop is disabled. I don't know if this will be the same for the Maverick but this works for me without buying a plug-in fix or cutting wires.

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4, Kia Niro EV
Everyone in here is clamoring for this with the mere remorse of spending $100, and well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but eliminating this feature is going to likely add an additional hundred or more to your fuel budget per year. Not to mention it will also blatantly contribute to an unnecessary increase in emissions and a subsequent drop in air quality, but hey yolo, right?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.