First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
NOBODY plans on receiving a vehicle or even a house a year and a half or more after ordering one.
That's why the NOBODYS are complaining.

ANYBODY doing a five minute google search of Ford's recent history would have noticed the two year plus waiting times for Bronco deliveries. The Bronco is not in a class by itself so there are many options to shop elsewhere.

The Maverick is in a class with no direct competition. Factor in the hybrids fuel economy and the potential market opens up to include those looking to sip fuel, not just the small truck buyer. Factor in gas prices doubled since the Maverick was announced, Factor in the low price and glowing reviews. Factor in the obvious pandemic effects and ANYBODY would expect if they ordered one of these, especially a hybrid, it's going to be quite a wait and plan accordingly.
Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's financial people are like any other corporate financial people -- they love to see committed order backlogs. Customer satisfaction is someone else's problem.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those of us who ordered 22 Sept. Knew what to expect, and really should not be anticipating a quick turnaround. We should give those who's 21 orders have been messed up a little slack; that being said I get where you are coming from.
You have it right. I picked up mine from a walk away and I paid the 2023 price for a 2022. If I ordered one it would of been a 2023 or 2024 and I have myMaverick EB with no wait. If you need it today check the ford inventories and call dealers and let them know to call you on walk always. However remember beggars can’t be particular. My need to buy more or less equipment and change your mind on color. I had to buy up and Alto Blue instead of cactus. Most important I have a truck I love to drive. Stop crying poor me and be proactive to change your situation or shut up as they say.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People have expectations. Ford just doesn't care to manage these expectations to the best of its ability. Little people like to whine. It's a positive reinforcement. A way to cope with their inability to control things in life.
Sponsored