FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I went through the whole list (with filters relevant to my needs) and was frankly disappointed. Keeping to 38 or 40 mm offset eliminates a LOT of wheels. I don't think I want to go to 45.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I went through the whole list (with filters relevant to my needs) and was frankly disappointed. Keeping to 38 or 40 mm offset eliminates a LOT of wheels. I don't think I want to go to 45.
Just mentioning you want a certain offeset doesn’t mean much if the wheel widths change. A +45 offset wheel will fit the same as a 38-39 if the wheel is .5 inches wider.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just mentioning you want a certain offeset doesn’t mean much if the wheel widths change. A +45 offset wheel will fit the same as a 38-39 if the wheel is .5 inches wider.
Was going to mention the same. If you went with a 8 inch width that was a +45 off set would it not stick out farther than the stock set up ?. The 225/65 R17 can fit on a 8 inch width. Is there a downside to going that route?

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was going to mention the same. If you went with a 8 inch width that was a +45 off set would it not stick out farther than the stock set up ?. The 225/65 R17 can fit on a 8 inch width. Is there a downside to going that route?
Correct. It’ll stick out about 5mm more. In most car/trucks theres playroom cause the wheels are always so sunk in. But in the Mav wheels are already flush. I believe Ford said early on they did so to make it look wider then it is.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah. Thanks both for reminding me. I have a set of 17x8s w/45mm offset in my shopping cart right now.

The downside is exposing the rims more to potential curb rash. I would like to see how the 225/65-17s sit on an 8" wheel. This ain't no sports car so I'd prefer to run a slightly narrower wheel. This is particularly important with gray and black wheels; they really show even small curb scratches...worse than silver does.

Reactions: wjg

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Ugh, not thrilled with the options. Hoping the visualizer is available soon but I've been looking at wheels this entire time on the Ranger for a close comparison and the ones I liked are seemingly not available on the Maverick.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

No matter how many wheels I look at, I keep coming back to the same two options for my Cactus Grey Lariat:
Alphaequipt Foxtrots in all black or FX4 package takeoffs.

I have a feeling the latter will be relatively tough to come by so I may end up with the former. :unsure:

Reactions: JJC

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

No matter how many wheels I look at, I keep coming back to the same two options for my Cactus Grey Lariat:
Alphaequipt Foxtrots in all black or FX4 package takeoffs.

I have a feeling the latter will be relatively tough to come by so I may end up with the former. :unsure:
Let the discount tire place know you want them if they trade for some or maybe nearby stores get them they will get them for you more so if you buy new tires from them.

CAH4

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' CGM Maverick,19' Ram 1500 LTD, 16' Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sneak Peak, Maverick incoming ! Thanks to a generous customer and new Maverick owner, Tire Rack will soon have a Maverick image on the wheel selection tool. ETA to the website is early next week.

Ford Maverick - Maverick

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like we have a TireRack employee among our members!:cool:

utaaah

First Name
Yuqiao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Will tire rack buy back the original ones?

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Not sure how accurate the site is, they have wheels with almost an inch more backspacing they say will fit and they have 16" wheels listed which another thread said hits the brakes.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure how accurate the site is, they have wheels with almost an inch more backspacing they say will fit and they have 16" wheels listed which another thread said hits the brakes.
Yes, the Focal F20 in 16". I did an online chat with an agent and pointed out to him that the TR system shows they fit he said essentially "mistakes happen". What TR will do if the error is because of their system is send call tags to have the bad set returned at their expense.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can only say that I've been buying from TR since 1984. I did a radical +2 on a very low production car with their assurance that they'd done a test fit. It worked.
They've always been responsive, reliable, and accountable. I still buy from them.
Sponsored