First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am hearing that the date for the 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid orders to open is now September 15th, can anyone verify this? I know people have been waiting a long time for the MY22, so I don't expect to have one soon. Out of curiosity though, has anyone heard anything about the improvement of parts constraints for the 2023 Model? I am wanting to order the Hybrid with Lariat Luxury package, so I'm expecting a long wait, but I just want to secure my spot. How long do you guys anticipate the order window to remain open? Like, do I need to be there on day one when it opens, or do I have some time? Does ordering sooner mean getting a build sooner? Also, what do I need to watch out for when ordering through my dealer? Any paperwork I need to obtain from this as proof? Should I be willing to give a deposit if they ask? Thanks
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am hearing that the date for the 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid orders to open is now September 15th, can anyone verify this? I know people have been waiting a long time for the MY22, so I don't expect to have one soon. Out of curiosity though, has anyone heard anything about the improvement of parts constraints for the 2023 Model? I am wanting to order the Hybrid with Lariat Luxury package, so I'm expecting a long wait, but I just want to secure my spot. How long do you guys anticipate the order window to remain open? Like, do I need to be there on day one when it opens, or do I have some time? Does ordering sooner mean getting a build sooner? Also, what do I need to watch out for when ordering through my dealer? Any paperwork I need to obtain from this as proof? Should I be willing to give a deposit if they ask? Thanks
I just confirmed the new date with my local Ford salesman and yes it's been moved to September 15th🥺

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately the answer is that no one knows for certain about any of this. If you had asked two weeks ago the answer would have been August 2nd. But here is some informed guessing.

Today I saw a video by @fordvideoguy about the Bronco ordering process. Bronco is also rolling over 2022 orders and Ford may follow a similar process for Maverick. Bronco is opening the 2023 order bank on September 12th but only for customers with 2022 orders so they place their 2023 replacement orders. They will have to order again and do another COVP. Then Ford is going to start running 2023 Bronco scheduling at the end of September using only the rollover orders.

That means if you want to place a brand new 2023 Bronco order you have to wait until Ford decides to open up the order books for new retail orders. And there is no firm date for that. The guess Tim Bartz made was that there would be one to two months of scheduling on Bronco before Ford would allow new non-rollover 2023 orders.

If they follow the same process with Maverick the September 15 date will be only for people with rollover 2022 orders. If the same 1-2 month break happens then you might be waiting until October or November before Ford allows you to place an order.

But remember- we don’t know for sure that is what is going to happen until Ford tells us. The Bronco news just was official today. They might do something completely different with Maverick. But if they do follow this it is good news for those of us with rollover orders as Ford will be dedicating at least several weeks of production toward the rollover orders. And realistically new orders were always going to be behind all the 2022 rollover orders.

My guess is that a Lariat hybrid with luxury package will be 10-12 months of waiting. You might even be looking at a 2024, not a 2023. The luxury package has been a constraint and so is the hybrid motor.

I would order as soon as possible once the new order window opens. You want to make sure your dealer understands the Ford COVP process and properly enters your information so that your order gets verified and approved by Ford. As we get closer to the actual date there will probably be some good threads on the board talking about what information you want to see to confirm that your order is properly placed.

Good luck!

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately the answer is that no one knows for certain about any of this. If you had asked two weeks ago the answer would have been August 2nd. But here is some informed guessing.

Today I saw a video by @fordvideoguy about the Bronco ordering process. Bronco is also rolling over 2022 orders and Ford may follow a similar process for Maverick. Bronco is opening the 2023 order bank on September 12th but only for customers with 2022 orders so they place their 2023 replacement orders. They will have to order again and do another COVP. Then Ford is going to start running 2023 Bronco scheduling at the end of September using only the rollover orders.

That means if you want to place a brand new 2023 Bronco order you have to wait until Ford decides to open up the order books for new retail orders. And there is no firm date for that. The guess Tim Bartz made was that there would be one to two months of scheduling on Bronco before Ford would allow new non-rollover 2023 orders.

If they follow the same process with Maverick the September 15 date will be only for people with rollover 2022 orders. If the same 1-2 month break happens then you might be waiting until October or November before Ford allows you to place an order.

But remember- we don’t know for sure that is what is going to happen until Ford tells us. The Bronco news just was official today. They might do something completely different with Maverick. But if they do follow this it is good news for those of us with rollover orders as Ford will be dedicating at least several weeks of production toward the rollover orders. And realistically new orders were always going to be behind all the 2022 rollover orders.

My guess is that a Lariat hybrid with luxury package will be 10-12 months of waiting. You might even be looking at a 2024, not a 2023. The luxury package has been a constraint and so is the hybrid motor.

I would order as soon as possible once the new order window opens. You want to make sure your dealer understands the Ford COVP process and properly enters your information so that your order gets verified and approved by Ford. As we get closer to the actual date there will probably be some good threads on the board talking about what information you want to see to confirm that your order is properly placed.

Good luck!
Thank you, this is very informative

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only advice I can give is to expect delays and then more delays. Especially considering that even the ability to order has been delayed. I'm on vacation right now, and when I ordered my maverick on October 14th, I had this vacation in mind. It's ridiculous and Ford's communication has been unacceptable by even the lowest standard, but the fact of the matter is I'm lucky to even be getting a 22. Whenever I get it that is.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dealers have been told Sept, but not a specific date.

I expect that constraints will be largely the same, but am hoping that they were able to get more of the constrained items coming, so that popular items can still be ordered.

I think your best bet will be to place an order as soon as you can for a 23. Dealers do not yet have order info or pricing, but if you can find a dealer you trust, make a plan with them ahead of time.
If you are ordering one like your 22 order, through the same dealer, that should be pretty simple. We don't know for sure yet, but my expectation is that 22 -> 23 transition orders won't need COVP/ROVP performed again....I think that the new order will be linked to that original ROVP. Just make sure they the dealership you choose will be on top of whatever instructions Ford gives for ordering 23 Mavericks.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd imagine they'll require COVP again if only to limit dealers rolling over orphaned, unscheduled orders just to get stock.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to put 1k deposit down. Some do some don’t. A deposit does make things slightly less likely to get screwed when order arrives. Been horror stories of salesman selling retail orders to other people. I would also straight up ask the sales manager to guarantee msrp in writing or find another dealership.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Good luck!
Great post thanks!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good luck!
All of the information he

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All of the information heRe is great but it is just opinion. My problem is Ford built dozens of same builds as mine, ordered months after mine. I have XLT with Lux and 360… I’m very concerned about going back to my same dealer and reordering and because they clearly don’t get allocations, sitting for another year, watching the same build getting scheduled. If I don’t go to same dealer, I lose the Ford magical offer. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t. Ford gives me no reasonable choice.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does ordering sooner mean getting a build sooner? Also, what do I need to watch out for when ordering through my dealer? Any paperwork I need to obtain from this as proof? Should I be willing to give a deposit if they ask? Thanks
i saw that you are in houston so thought i should share that Helfman Ford did me right. i did $500 deposit (which i wanted to do - to feel i had a leg to stand on when it arrived if there was any "funny business"...)
i had the fastest order to delivery time at the close of 2021.
no extra charges at signing. no tint, locklug or extended warranty pressure from finance guy. i had never stepped foot inside the dealership before the day i picked up the truck. Michael Hungate was the salesman.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "Ford Video Guy" did a great video title: Episode 49: Things You Need to Ask Your Dealer Before Placing your 2023 Order

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m very concerned about going back to my same dealer and reordering and because they clearly don’t get allocations, sitting for another year, watching the same build getting scheduled. If I don’t go to same dealer, I lose the Ford magical offer. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t. Ford gives me no reasonable choice.
I almost mentioned allocations but since there is almost no way for anyone to know that information I decided to leave it out. The post was getting long enough already. But this is a problem even for new orders.

I will say the rumor is that you can apply the private offer to any 2023 Maverick order even if you make it at a different dealership. Guess we will see about that when the fine print arrives. But for sure you won’t get to keep your place in line as far as order date. I wish Ford would let me move my order because it appears that my current dealer isn’t getting a ton of allocations.
Sponsored