Sponsored

Timing on financing and signing on the dotted line

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I've never pre-ordered a vehicle before so I'm not sure about the timing of all this. What is the typical timing for 1) applying for financing (hopeful for some Ford incentives, but will obviously shop around); 2) signing the purchase contract?
Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I've never pre-ordered a vehicle before so I'm not sure about the timing of all this. What is the typical timing for 1) applying for financing (hopeful for some Ford incentives, but will obviously shop around); 2) signing the purchase contract?
I have preordered before and my experience is: agree on the configuration and price, I have paid a deposit and signed a contract on one order, the other one I did not sign or deposit until the unit was built and ready to be delivered to the dealer (the process you will do is up to the dealer). Once I knew what the price was I went and got financing because I knew what I needed to finance. this gave me lots of time to compare financing options and lenders.

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regarding specifics for this vehicle, the dealer I went thru (Chapman) mentioned that the financing promo for the Mav will be 1.9% interest for 60 months. I don't have anything in writing from Ford Finance but its something.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be ok with 1.9 for 60 for a brand new model at launch....

legs1957

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what i heard from Tim Bartz podcasts, you are entitled to ford financing rates available on the day you sign your order at the dealer. If your dealer balks, tell him to check what is called "smart vincent". It will give him the ford financing available rates at that time.
Sponsored