Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is light-hearted and not a big deal at all, I'm just curious to get other thoughts/observations here. I have a Lariat with the luxury package. In the Maverick builder on Ford's site, it says that the Lariat (non-lux) comes with 10 bed tie-down points standard. If you add the lux package, you add the rails with the 2 sliding tie-down points.

So since I added the luxury package, shouldn't I have a total of 12 bed tie-down points? I only count 10 on my truck: 2 D-rings on the floor near the cab, 4 (2 on each side) on the bed walls where it meets the tailgate, the 2 sliding brackets on the rails, and the 2 tie-downs/bottle openers on the tailgate itself. If you don't add the lux package with the rails, are there 2 fixed tie downs on each side where that rails would go? That's the only reason I can think that I'm "missing" 2 tie-downs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is light-hearted and not a big deal at all, I'm just curious to get other thoughts/observations here. I have a Lariat with the luxury package. In the Maverick builder on Ford's site, it says that the Lariat (non-lux) comes with 10 bed tie-down points standard. If you add the lux package, you add the rails with the 2 sliding tie-down points.

So since I added the luxury package, shouldn't I have a total of 12 bed tie-down points? I only count 10 on my truck: 2 D-rings on the floor near the cab, 4 (2 on each side) on the bed walls where it meets the tailgate, the 2 sliding brackets on the rails, and the 2 tie-downs/bottle openers on the tailgate itself. If you don't add the lux package with the rails, are there 2 fixed tie downs on each side where that rails would go? That's the only reason I can think that I'm "missing" 2 tie-downs.
Yes. When you add the rails, you lose the tie down points on the forward upper sides of the bed. The rails are attached to the bed at those same points where there are tie-downs on the non-Lux model.