2.5L Hybrid

MER21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
They work great with tonneau covers. I used to have one on my Tacoma and these guys have been around for a long time. They are pretty much the ones who started the bed rack movement in the Tacoma world....especially with being compatible with tonneau covers.

I would give them a call or shoot them an email if you have specific questions. They also have great customer service and are very responsive.

Sponsored

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ordered the Thule pro mid rack last night (yay!) but wondered what the distance between the vertical posts are as I had initially wanted to add at least one side with accessory rails. There is a short rail at 36.5ā€ long and wondered how that might work.

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD-Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ordered the Thule pro mid rack last night (yay!) but wondered what the distance between the vertical posts are as I had initially wanted to add at least one side with accessory rails. There is a short rail at 36.5ā€ long and wondered how that might work.
Mine are off my truck for the season, so I can't measure, but I might be able to get an approximate measurement from photos I have. I'm assuming you mean the distance between two posts on the same side, not across the bed?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these not adjustable and they are below the height of the cab?

It sounds like they will work for you with the J Racks but why would they make ladder racks that aren't above the height of the cab?
Aaarrrgggg! I cannot resist maybe the manufacturer hird a new guy and told him they had a rack ordered for a maverick that had been lowered?šŸ¤—

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ordered the Thule xsporter mid from Sportsmans Warehouse, because I had 10% off, price was $799 and I also had $50+ in points to burn.
Installed it tonight, went together easy, even though there was no instruction supplied (or at least not that I saw); YouTube is my skill set. Assemble things lightly and leave it all loose until itā€™s all together. Input the support pads round-side down, because it helped level things out.
Iā€™d like to find some ā€˜accessory side railsā€™ that arenā€™t $200 each (the rails that go front to back), but otherwise everything looks great!

Side note - I had emailed Thule about the rack being listed as not fitting the Maverick, and their response was that it does fit, but the Maverick siderails are not sufficiently strong to meet their specifications- so Iā€™m gonna guess they wonā€™t necessarily honor any warranty or damages.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also I grabbed some ā€œuniversal v-hooksā€ which will work great for kayaks as it should raise them up a few inches over the cab - but looks like it wasnā€™t quite universal enough so Iā€™ll just go find some longer bolts for it tomorrow.
Sponsored