First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD-Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this is very similar to the Yakima rack that Ford is selling as part of their accessories, but that rack stands about 13" tall, where the Thule stands 16" tall. This hits right at the top of the back of the cab. To clear the top of the majority of the cab, you need a good 17-17.5", not counting the exact spot of the antenna. For me this works great because my J-racks for kayaks add another 1.5 inches in height, and the curve of the kayaks themselves gives and additional bit of clearance to get over that cab.

Also, I love how these look like they were made for this truck--black and white match the color scheme perfectly. (Ha, just noticing my gas cap is open....must be something automatic that I haven't learned in the 48 hours of ownership.)
Ford Maverick Thule XSporter Mid Pro Bed Rack is a great fit on 2022 Maverick! IMG_9654

Ford Maverick Thule XSporter Mid Pro Bed Rack is a great fit on 2022 Maverick! IMG_9653

Ford Maverick Thule XSporter Mid Pro Bed Rack is a great fit on 2022 Maverick! IMG_9652
Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Looks nice. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Where did you buy them?

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue with the gas cap. The first day I was walking around it I accidentally opened it multiple times. That cap will open under very little pressure.

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is very similar to the Yakima rack that Ford is selling as part of their accessories, but that rack stands about 13" tall, where the Thule stands 16" tall. This hits right at the top of the back of the cab. To clear the top of the majority of the cab, you need a good 17-17.5", not counting the exact spot of the antenna. For me this works great because my J-racks for kayaks add another 1.5 inches in height, and the curve of the kayaks themselves gives and additional bit of clearance to get over that cab.

Also, I love how these look like they were made for this truck--black and white match the color scheme perfectly. (Ha, just noticing my gas cap is open....must be something automatic that I haven't learned in the 48 hours of ownership.)
IMG_9654.jpg

Man this is EXACTLY what I need ,, but I need it to clear the cab I'm wanting a ladder rack.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks nice. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Where did you buy them?
I got mine at ReRack.com in Portland, OR--about an hour from where I live. They had a used set that were like new, at about half the price, but I've seen them at all the rack outlets and REI too.

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The XSporter Pro 500XT was the model I started out looking at because it's basically the same thing, with adjustable height. I figured I could get it up above the cab when I need it, and then drop it down below when I wasn't using it. That would probably fit the bill for what you want, unless you're actually wanting the rack to also go over the cab.

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue with the gas cap. The first day I was walking around it I accidentally opened it multiple times. That cap will open under very little pressure.
Ha, when I just walked out I thought, "oh, this is exactly gut height...I bet I opened this while tightening down this rack...."

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are these not adjustable and they are below the height of the cab?

It sounds like they will work for you with the J Racks but why would they make ladder racks that aren't above the height of the cab?

kcirevam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Jeep, MINI
Engine
Undecided
Kayaks will ride much better up there with V-racks. Easier to load and less wind resistance. That's a Old Town 126 Loon and a 125 Pungo up there.
Ford Maverick Thule XSporter Mid Pro Bed Rack is a great fit on 2022 Maverick! 249289596_1842838485888652_3395934464217586387_n

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is the best looking Mav bedrack I've seen. Well done.

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are these not adjustable and they are below the height of the cab?

It sounds like they will work for you with the J Racks but why would they make ladder racks that aren't above the height of the cab?
Yeah, I think it's pitched less as a ladder rack and more of an accessories rack. Overlanding stuff, truck tent, or basket to add a layer of storage.

OP
OP
Nwduffer

Nwduffer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kayaks will ride much better up there with V-racks. Easier to load and less wind resistance. That's a Old Town 126 Loon and a 125 Pungo up there.
249289596_1842838485888652_3395934464217586387_n.jpg
Good options. I usually just use the J-racks for some inexpensive Lifetime fishing kayaks that I take for buddies who don't have any, and I toss my Bonafide in the back of the truck. (Sometimes I go nuts and squeeze a tandem kayak inbetween the two lifetimes and get all four with me.)

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea whether these will work with a tonneau cover?
Sponsored