Sponsored

Threads we see again, and again, and again, and again (personal favorites)

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To all the Newbie's I hope you don't get too offended from this post. We (or most of us) have been on here a looong time, either waiting or learning all things Maverick. Just sit back and enjoy the wait for your new Maverick while reading the MTC.

I find this site very entertaining!

PS, it is a truck and Hybrids RULE! :)
Sponsored

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is a budget truck so I knew what I was buying when I purchased it. I took a dealer ordered Maverick XL that was in the pipeline and due in a few weeks when I put my deposit down. If I wanted anything different I would have looked at the F-150. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. STOP CALLING IT A TRUCK…..it is a Crossover

2. Why did Ford put 10 year old technology, Sync 3, when Sync 4 could have been installed in the Maverick

3. Why did Ford install a smaller display screen……the cubby is useless.

4. Why no engine cover?

5. The Steelies on the XL are ugly. When are you going to upgrade. (I like my Steelies)

5. Has anyone else experienced “hood flutter” at 80+ miles per hour?

6. Why is the top part if the headlight assembly non working on the XL and XLT? Lariat trim level Mavericks got all the upgrades. (if you pay more you get more)

7. May favorite…..Why not a full size spare?

My dealer spec Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost was $25K. The only options that were included were CoPilot 360 (very happy they ordered it with that option) Velocity Blue paint, and a tow hitch. I guess I am old with lower expectations.

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had to comment on this so newbies like me find it. I have been reading threads for a month+ and just stumbled across this while searching for something else.

I'm still lauging, while cringing at myself for being one of "those people" who asked long ago answered questions. 😜

Laugh at your self people! It makes life better!

Here is my add...

Long time MTC users:
Use the search. 🙄
Here is the link to a thread from 2 years ago. 🙄
Thanks for asking AGAIN...🙄

Me:
I did use the "MTC search." I still can't find it!
Meanwhile my husband finds a link to a MTC thread using google search with exactly what I was looking for!
🧐🥳

Seriously, thank you to all of those who have been on here from the beginning. So many of my questions were answered before I knew I had them. Most of the rest I have found on here....eventually!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not meant to be mean, just observing back on the last year or so of my favorite recurring threads. These are the ones that make me roll my eyes every time. Please add your own favorites (threads you see again and again but wish you didn't).

• Ford is criminally liable because I don't have my truck yet. I'm gonna sue them.
  • I'm terminally indecisive, so please help me make up my mind about (insert something here)
  • You suck. No you suck. No you suck...
  • The Santa Cruz sucks.
  • Hyundai sucks.
  • Ford sucks.
  • My dealer sucks.
  • My Maverick arrived today. I wet my pants in excitement. I deleted this one, because it was snarky of me. Heck, I posted my own thread like this after I wet my own pants in excitement. Smelled up the house for a week.
  • Because I bought a hybrid, I am obviously of a higher order of intelligence than all other car buyers on the planet.
  • The Maverick is the most perfect car ever built. No it isn't. Yes it is. You suck. No you suck. No you suck.
What did I miss?
I like to blind people and I want fog lights to run when there isn't fog

OP
OP

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is this thread even still alive? As the OP I'd love to kill it Or at least have the moderators close it for new comments.

My opinion has changed over the years. I now enjoy seeing repetitive posts. It's a community site, and new people come in and don't necessarily read two years of threads. So to them the same thread is new as a shiny baby. And that's cool.

Moderators - would love you to kill this thread dead.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a small list I feel I see all the time......

1. How can I get the seatbelt screen to go away without pressing "OK"
2. How do I disable the engine auto stop "feature"
2. How do I get the truck to start in the last driving mode selected......sport, eco, normal...etc
Sponsored