Sponsored

Those who have taken delivery from Chapman (Horsham or Philly), do they add dealer decals? Is there anything to watch out for?

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi friends,

I could not be more excited to pick up my Maverick at Chapman. So far the experience has been fantastic. For those who have already picked theirs up from Ed or Tom/Steven, did they add any advertising to your truck?

Should we request that they don’t allow test drives of the vehicle?

Is there anything you wished you knew or requested before you went to pick it up?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Those who have taken delivery from Chapman (Horsham or Philly), do they add dealer decals? Is there anything to watch out for? 90D5FF46-7ECA-459B-A315-CBC27F5FE3A5

I literally pulled it off as soon as I got home. It wasn’t stuck on very well, like they knew I was gonna take it off.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealership I bought my Maverick from definitely figured out a way to keep their dealership name emblems from being removed. Their emblem used individually cut thin metal letters with an extreme beveled edge and what must be the strongest adhesive known to man. I have used a hair dryer, heat gun and or fishing line to remove hundreds of decals and emblems over the years. Removing these took me over an hour and put me into maniac rage mode to the point I was crazy laughing. The heat did nothing and fishing line wouldnt work. I found a plastic medallion in my garage and pushed down and against the edge of the lettters working around the full letter until they literally popped off flying into the air. Kudos to whoever came up with this deign. No wonder I see so many cars with the dealer name still on the back. What a challenge.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always wondered why dealers feel entitled to put advertising on my personal property without approval. I think I’ll make an MTC sticker and put it in the dealers front door when I pick up my Mac and see the reaction. Opportunity for a teachable moment !!:unsure:

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
90D5FF46-7ECA-459B-A315-CBC27F5FE3A5.jpeg

I literally pulled it off as soon as I got home. It wasn’t stuck on very well, like they knew I was gonna take it off.
I would feel a lot better if the dealer would let me watch the prepping of the truck to keep things like this from happening. Maybe even go as far as stipulating no dealer decals or emblems in the sales agreement.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi friends,

I could not be more excited to pick up my Maverick at Chapman. So far the experience has been fantastic. For those who have already picked theirs up from Ed or Tom/Steven, did they add any advertising to your truck?

Should we request that they don’t allow test drives of the vehicle?

Is there anything you wished you knew or requested before you went to pick it up?

Thanks.
Pick up was easy peasy. Only advertising is the small glittery sticker mentioned and the plate surround in the back. Both are acceptable to me and if I don't want them, they are easily removed. Everything else was ready to go, all gassed up and no issues.

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
Always wondered why dealers feel entitled to put advertising on my personal property without approval. I think I’ll make an MTC sticker and put it in the dealers front door when I pick up my Mac and see the reaction. Opportunity for a teachable moment !!:unsure:
Not trying to cause drama, but technically it's not your property until the deal is done. They've usually put the sticker on by then. Either ask them to remove it or refuse to buy it... Or just ask them kindly not to add any in the first place. If they want a guaranteed sold vehicle, they'll respect your wishes.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll be one of the few to leave their sticker on.

It won’t bother me one bit as they are local and if I’m walking out with a 4% under invoice deal, they can have free advertising in return.

Amazes me that some people and their sense of entitlement these days with celebrating poor dealerships, price gouging resales and markups I see in social media and no I don’t think it’s ok. Everyone, regardless of background deserves a chance to own a nice vehicle and find a deal once in their lifetime. This vehicle was built to be affordable and not a luxury item. So I’m going to do my part to show deals still exist through dealerships like Chapman so maybe someone else in the future has that chance too with them.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It won’t bother me one bit as they are local and if I’m walking out with a 4% under invoice deal, they can have free advertising in return.

Amazes me that some people and their sense of entitlement these days with celebrating poor dealerships, price gouging resales and markups I see in social media and no I don’t think it’s ok. Everyone, regardless of background deserves a chance to own a nice vehicle and find a deal once in their lifetime. This vehicle was built to be affordable and not a luxury item. So I’m going to do my part to show deals still exist through dealerships like Chapman so maybe someone else in the future has that chance too with them.
You know, you're right!
If you were treated well by the dealer, why not reciprocate by free advertisement. If your dealer sucks, remove it ASAP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mav_can

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Personally I see where you’re coming from. I’m happy to advertise in a *much better* way then carrying around a sticker that doesn’t distinguish them from any other dealer competitor, and that way is via word of mouth and forums like these. That’s how I ended up ordering with them, and I love recommending good businesses because it encourages them to keep up the good work and sets a good example for competitors to follow their lead.

However, I’m many states away so advertising chapman them on my (local) vehicle is kind of pointless anyway compared to a more nationally distributed set of users like this site.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a sticker and license plate frame are commonly accepted now. I have seen some dealers actually paint these onto vehicles. What's next? Full vehicle wraps prior to delivery? I mean you can peel it off if you want...It's their vehicle afterall.
I like it, great idea!

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would feel a lot better if the dealer would let me watch the prepping of the truck to keep things like this from happening. Maybe even go as far as stipulating no dealer decals or emblems in the sales agreement.
I was ok with the sticker for the drive home. They did give me a good deal.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got a good deal. I recently removed the sticker because it made my Maverick look better. Chapman was great to deal with, no BS, or weird stuff. You can still see it on my profile picture but it’s gone now, easy to remove.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not trying to cause drama, but technically it's not your property until the deal is done. They've usually put the sticker on by then. Either ask them to remove it or refuse to buy it... Or just ask them kindly not to add any in the first place. If they want a guaranteed sold vehicle, they'll respect your wishes.
I bought a car and asked them to take the sticker off the back. They took it off and put a front plate holder with a plate of their dealership. I had to deal with plastic plugs until I got rid of the car. I was so mad. I learned to specify what I want.
Sponsored