Sponsored

Those who bought off the lot, how were you able to find and purchase a Maverick?

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all!

I have a Maverick that I ordered back in January. I know there are people who have been waiting much longer. But, unfortunately, my current car is starting to give me issues and I can't continue to wait (I know I won't get mine for awhile).

So my next step is to try to find a Maverick off the lot. At feat that I am quickly finding near impossible lol. So far, every used or new Maverick I find "available" is either sold very rapidly or they forgot to take the vehicle off the site. My question to you all is: How were you able to find and purchase a Maverick ahead of most people? Any advice or dealers you recommend?

I live in Alabama, but I frequently travel to FL so I'm looking in both states. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just have to call around. They may not (probably won't) have one today, but may get one soon. Call, see if they have one, and ask them to save your number for if one comes in. Then it's luck.

With the ADM, have you am considered a different vehicle for a short term? You can expect to spend thousands more for off the lot. That's a lot of repairs to your existing. Or get something available now that you can trade back in when the Maverick you ordered comes in.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just have to call around. They may not (probably won't) have one today, but may get one soon. Call, see if they have one, and ask them to save your number for if one comes in. Then it's luck.

With the ADM, have you am considered a different vehicle for a short term? You can expect to spend thousands more for off the lot. That's a lot of repairs to your existing. Or get something available now that you can trade back in when the Maverick you ordered comes in.
I'm going to try that, thank you!

I have looked at other vehicles to lease or purchase, but I'm 22 and this would be the first vehicle I purchased off of a dealership. I have had my first car since I was 15 so I'm not too familiar with how dealerships work. Would trading in a lease vehicle or a financed one affect my credit score, especially if I purchase the Mav when it arrives? Again, thank you for your help! I apologize for my ignorance lol

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never leased, so can't really help there. I will say my understanding is a short term lease will not be a great move financially but I'll let others who know more weigh in.

Personally, I'd go in one of two directions.. 1. Fix what you have. Think about how far 5-10k in dealer makeups will go in repairs. That will also likely increase your trade in when the Mav comes. Probably not 1 for 1, but could.

2. Buy something else now. Either get some inexpensive beater in decent condition. Do this through private sale IMO, and sell current to carvana or carmax. When the Mav comes in you can off load, and the loss will be minimal to maybe none. I am pretty sure the hit would be much less than the ADM for a lot Mav. Or buy a new budget vehicle (corolla or sentra or something) and trade in when Mav comes in. Riskier because if the market changes you could take a bigger hit. But if not you could end up with no loss or even a small profit.

If I were in a need for a stop gap situation I'd probably buy something "inexpensive" used now to get by if I absolutely couldn't make what I have work.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stopped at a couple of dealerships to inquire, but of course, there was nothing on the lots. I did not place an order because I wasn't really aware of the Maverick when the order banks were still open. It wasn't until I saw an ad for the Hyundai SC, that I started looking.

Anyhow, those dealerships that I visited took my number and said they'd call if something came up. And they did. Of course, there was a markup. But the one I bought was nowhere near as extreme as I've seen people posting. There were a couple of things thrown in with the markup, and they offered to buy back my Mav for the purchase price if I ordered a 23 and took possession. I also considered that the trade or sale value on my current vehicle may go down, so what would the difference be on the markup vs the potential decrease in the resale value of my current vehicle (of course, it's possible that too could go up, after all, who figured used car values would increase so much)? So I bought it.

Anyhow, I'd get on a phone list with the locals, and decide if you're willing to pay the markup. Or maybe first find out what the markup will be and decide then if you want them to call.

Sponsored

Area51CA2AK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I kept in touch with my local dealer fairly often. He contacted me when there was a Maverick available that was fairly close to my order. The guy who had ordered it wanted a hybrid, but ordered a Ecoboost. I showed up same day. They asked for 3k over MSRP. I countered with 1.5k over, took 500 off for military promo.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all!

I have a Maverick that I ordered back in January. I know there are people who have been waiting much longer. But, unfortunately, my current car is starting to give me issues and I can't continue to wait (I know I won't get mine for awhile).

So my next step is to try to find a Maverick off the lot. At feat that I am quickly finding near impossible lol. So far, every used or new Maverick I find "available" is either sold very rapidly or they forgot to take the vehicle off the site. My question to you all is: How were you able to find and purchase a Maverick ahead of most people? Any advice or dealers you recommend?

I live in Alabama, but I frequently travel to FL so I'm looking in both states. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I just called a bunch of dealers and went to craigslist. I tried private owners for a Mav but they actually want more than a dealer. I finally found one at a local dealer and paid $1k over MSRP. So check craigslist and other lists.

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know this don't help, I said I was looking to buy a escape or bronco sport, but I'd prefer a maverick but I know there impossible to find right now. The guy said but actually, we have one that was just cancelled yesterday right there and we're not even asking mark up for it, I turn around and look at a shadow black Lariat Tremor damn near fully loaded, honestly I just wanted a XL with AWD didn't plan on spending 40k for a maverick but after a quick test drive I had to hurry back to say it's sold before someone else came in and saw it. Sometime ya just gotta get lucky.
Ford Maverick Those who bought off the lot, how were you able to find and purchase a Maverick? image

Saltwater Cowboys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 1500, 23 CG XTL Lux, 24 SB Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Find a member here who ordered one and doesn't want it, then make it worth their while to take delivery and sell it to you. Lots of people ordered multiple trucks knowing they'd just keep one. That's how I got mine. It's not the exact truck I wanted, but close enough for now. When the '24 Lariat I ordered comes in it'll be decision time and one of them will have to go. I actually hope it gets rolled over to a '25 and Ford does a design update for that year.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all!

i have been buying vehicles from the same dealership for around 30yrs. i reached out to them to find me a Mav and in 3wks i was offered 2 different ones for MSRP minus my A-plan discount. the 1st was a XLT which sold 10 min B4 i could get there. the 2nd was a Alto Blue Lariat which i purchased.
so i guess my best advice for you is to find a dealer that likes you enough to offer you a 'abandoned' order for MSRP or very little ADM., they are out there. i realize this may not be a viable option for everyone but its how i got mine. and yes i have a '24 on order from the same dealer as well.
good luck with your quest :)

Ford Maverick Those who bought off the lot, how were you able to find and purchase a Maverick? PXL_20230524_181040973

Sponsored

WoodTurner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I worked up a good relationship with a salesman and ordered a 24 but asked him to call me if/when a 23 came up for grabs. He called me about two weeks later, but I was too slow (45 minutes) to get to the dealer and someone else bought it. Two weeks ago he called again...I was closer to the dealership so showed up first...did a test drive and we made a good deal....at msrp plus a couple of add ons that i was comfortable with. I got a Lariat in area 51 color which is a very very nice combination. I kept my order....a 24 Lariat in white with BAP. Not sure what I will do if/when it comes in....but I keep telling myself I don't need to decide that now. I am loving the Maverick and feel so lucky to have it. My main reason to maybe go with the 24 (even with a good amount $$$ involved) is to have some solid color seats. But I have to say the brown/copper/whatever ones are kinda growing on me. Safe Travels everyone.

Mavelous2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been looking for my first truck for years. Was looking at Tacoma, decided didn’t need it. Saw Maverick and piqued my interest again. I called dealers all over Northern and Southern California and went to a few places with $10k markup. I am old school and couldn’t find myself paying mark up. Met a SoCal dealer who was most reasonable, and told them what my price was to buy. We didn’t close the deal so I left and told him when you’re ready for that price, Lmk and I’ll be here. Waited for months patiently and he called me back to close the deal. There were a few conversations of colors I didn’t like, options didn’t need, and I wanted a hybrid, XLT and have my first truck in 38 years of driving. 🛻

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My nephew went to a dealership looking for a Maverick and they had a waiting list so he put his name down. He got the call from the dealership saying they had one if he was still interested he called them and got it at MSRP which shocked me.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all!

I ordered one and didn't feel like waiting so I kept looking online at different dealers within 50 miles of me, as they get delivered the dealers have to list them whether or not they are in fact order's like ours that came in. I found some that were for sale but had "market value" added 5 to 7 thousand over sticker, that was a no go for me, however the dealership that I'd placed my order with had one come in, I asked them and told them I'd pay cash. They told me that it was an order that came in for another customer, he ended up passing on it, they sold it to me for sticker price :love:. As it turns out one of my coworkers brother had ordered it, got tied of waiting and bought the Santa Fe.

cclark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT, CG, Eco, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was in the same boat as you, nursing a car that was on its last leg and ordered a Mav in August from a dealership I trust and just received my 45 day "we are working diligently on your order" from Ford. A week later, a different dealer that Ford sent my build to called me that they had 3 come in that weren't taken due to interest rate issues and wanted 4k over MSRP. I drove there, really liked one, xlt, eco, 4k , moon roof, and floor liners, but refused to pay 4k "Market adjustment" and drove out 1 hour later with an amazing Mav at msrp and love it. As others have said, get your name on as many dealers lists as you can. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
Sponsored