Sponsored

This will be my first truck - I want to make sure the bed is protected, but I don't know where to start.

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Line-X is probably the number 1 spray-in bed liner out there and is available aftermarket. From what I've read online though the Ford product is just as good and I decided to go with it, and a soft cover - which I'll leave open when not needed - to keeps things secure when needed. For me a liner is non-negotiable and I hate seeing truck beds scratched up, especially with what trucks go for these days, when that can easily be avoided. Also, I personally would stay away from the drop-in style. I had them in two of my old Rangers ('99 and an '03) and found them to allow water to collect underneath.
I was thinking the Drop In would give better protection to the bed than the Spray?
Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking the Drop In would give better protection to the bed than the Spray?
Spray-in liner is more than tough enough for anything you can throw at it. Drop-ins have their place as well, some people like them, I just know that I've had water get underneath two of them now so...

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do what I have done for years get a sheet of plywood and cut out the wheel wells lay it in the back , your load won’t slip around like a plastic bed liner and it will protect your bed easy shmeeze.
Lol, a sheet of Plywood cost almost as much as the liner

Maynjo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Prius C
While I agree his response was poor, he makes logical points. I just want to add at age 35 I want a tonneau so if I go golfing with friends and stop somewhere to eat afterwards, I don’t want to worry about someone snatching clubs from the trunk. Or if it starts to downpour on the ride home they stay protected. This is true with other items as well.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about an actual topper, not a tonneau cover. Also, I'm pretty sure he was just kind of making a joke, not really trying to offend anyone. I also ordered a Tonneau cover. If I decide to go on any road trips all the suitcases, coolers, and whatnot can go back there and I don't have to worry about them getting rained on. I used to own a truck and have never had a cover before though, so I hope the soft ones are fairly durable. I suppose I could just get an aftermarket hard one later if need be.
Sponsored