First Name
R-MAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I placed my order back in September of 22', I was thrilled that I even got the opportunity to do as soon after ford closed the order banks again. When the sales guy said that it may take up to 6 months for me to receive, I was still happy. After month 1 of waiting, I was still fine, I got an email from ford that said important order update and upon opening found out that there was indeed no update just a promise to update me again in a certain amount of time. I then received another "Important Update" about 90 days later that was yet again just words that stated there was no movement. At this point the original 6-month wait was just about 2.5 months expired and I was still feeling optimistic. However, I am now feeling less optimistic and am losing hope that 6 months was an accurate projection. To make things worse I just read a post on this website from a user who ordered in September 22' and now has their truck in their garage.

I will keep waiting and I will not give up, it just seems like I am losing my original optimism. I know I am not the only person with these thoughts and really am just writing this as a way to build back my optimism and continue the wait. I suppose this is the best way to save money by not having a car payment, can you all please help identify some other pros to waiting for this awesome truck to arrive home?

Thanks,

A HELPLESS TRUCK ROMANTIC
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hang in there. I was the first one to order at my dealer just as order banks opened. Two people who ordered 2 days later already have theirs, so no rhyme or reason. Fortunately I found one just above morphine so at least I have an EB to drive while awaiting my Hybrid. It will happen and will be worth the wait so hang in there.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
September of 2022?! (first ordered on 10/13/21 - get crap from MTC members for not ordering in July 2021)

The back of the line is that way buddy.....=)

Ford Maverick This waiting is killing me! 1673534357229

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Majority of us are in the same boat. I went in ordering knowing it would be a long wait. At least my salesman was realistic on time frame. His prediction was anytime between December '22 and October '23.

Sponsored

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was there with you brother, most of us were, I had to wait a little more than nine months to get mine after ordering and remarked as such to my dealer "It was like waiting on a baby to come..." hold out hope, it will be worth it.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
September of 2022?! (first ordered on 10/13/21 - get crap from MTC members for not ordering in July 2021)

The back of the line is that way buddy.....=)

1673534357229.png
And you still haven't gotten yours? I order 10/26/21 and got mine in July, but I didn't get a hybrid.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I knew at the start it would be a long wait, the GM was upfront saying it would be six months minimum. Others have said it's basically a crap shoot when orders are filled. I will patiently wait out this model year, after that I will review my options.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And you still haven't gotten yours? I order 10/26/21 and got mine in July, but I didn't get a hybrid.
Nope. I have not and I did not get COVP (dealer dropped the ball) and I've since switched from a Hybrid to a Tremor. Still unscheduled since that change (although they've only scheduled Hybrids since then).

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Make the waiting fun....start buying int/ext accessories!!!

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

448 days and counting. Hope you're luckier than the rest of us.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I placed my order back in September of 22', I was thrilled that I even got the opportunity to do as soon after ford closed the order banks again. When the sales guy said that it may take up to 6 months for me to receive, I was still happy. After month 1 of waiting, I was still fine, I got an email from ford that said important order update and upon opening found out that there was indeed no update just a promise to update me again in a certain amount of time. I then received another "Important Update" about 90 days later that was yet again just words that stated there was no movement. At this point the original 6-month wait was just about 2.5 months expired and I was still feeling optimistic. However, I am now feeling less optimistic and am losing hope that 6 months was an accurate projection. To make things worse I just read a post on this website from a user who ordered in September 22' and now has their truck in their garage.

I will keep waiting and I will not give up, it just seems like I am losing my original optimism. I know I am not the only person with these thoughts and really am just writing this as a way to build back my optimism and continue the wait. I suppose this is the best way to save money by not having a car payment, can you all please help identify some other pros to waiting for this awesome truck to arrive home?

Thanks,

A HELPLESS TRUCK ROMANTIC
Here's a pro: I saved up enough during the wait to where I can pay for my Maverick outright without needing a loan. Along my long wait I also went through a bunch of different moods too. Luckily my little SUV is running great and I like it. Now you get the camaraderie of all the other anxious/desperate/demanding Maverick people waiting for their trucks.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a pro: I saved up enough during the wait to where I can pay for my Maverick outright without needing a loan.
That's what I'm doing but I don't think I'll be able to buy it outright without financing.
Smart move.

OP
OP

R-MAN

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R-MAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hang in there. I was the first one to order at my dealer just as order banks opened. Two people who ordered 2 days later already have theirs, so no rhyme or reason. Fortunately I found one just above morphine so at least I have an EB to drive while awaiting my Hybrid. It will happen and will be worth the wait so hang in there.
Thank you!
Sponsored