Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cannondale Tandem 29er. A huge bike, and it fits perfectly. I made a bike mount that fit into the Flex Bed slots. Probably the most solid and secure way that this bike has ever been carried.
Ford Maverick This is why I bought a Maverick BD333E4B-C520-4182-B178-C9FAF8D79EC9

Back when the truck was just a rumor, I began compulsively hunting for bed dimensions. When people starting reporting the first real measurements, I was ecstatic that the bike would fit—with 5 inches to spare.

It really isn’t an overstatement to say that this was the biggest reason I bought a Maverick over another vehicle. The utility of a truck, the fuel efficiency of a hybrid SUV, the price of a compact, and the comfort of a car. Did I mention that it fits my enormous 29er tandem?
Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cannondale Tandem 29er. A huge bike, and it fits perfectly. I made a bike mount that fit into the Flex Bed slots. Probably the most solid and secure way that this bike has ever been carried.
BD333E4B-C520-4182-B178-C9FAF8D79EC9.jpeg

Back when the truck was just a rumor, I began compulsively hunting for bed dimensions. When people starting reporting the first real measurements, I was ecstatic that the bike would fit—with 5 inches to spare.

It really isn’t an overstatement to say that this was the biggest reason I bought a Maverick over another vehicle. The utility of a truck, the fuel efficiency of a hybrid SUV, the price of a compact, and the comfort of a car. Did I mention that it fits my enormous 29er tandem?
Also a bike guy and I was stoked when I saw a Maverick hauling 4 bikes using a tail gate pad.

I want my dam truck!😵💫🙃

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even with a trifold in place, one bike easily fits in the bed! And no need for tailgate pad.
I swapped the folded towel with a memory foam bath mat after the pic was taken.
20220603_145741.jpg
The legendary Turner 5 spot. I owned that bike and then moved to the big hoops and got a Turner Sultan :)

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even with a trifold in place, one bike easily fits in the bed! And no need for tailgate pad.
I swapped the folded towel with a memory foam bath mat after the pic was taken.
20220603_145741.jpg
Mmmm, DVO :D

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
BD333E4B-C520-4182-B178-C9FAF8D79EC9.jpeg

So glad you're enjoying your Maverick. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family!

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice bike! I know a little bit about bikes - that Cannondale tandem cost almost as much as the Maverick! :ROFLMAO:
I like the protective black mat. I'm probably the only poster who doesn't know what that is - the Ford mat? drop in liner? etc.

OP
OP
Snax

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice bike! I know a little bit about bikes - that Cannondale tandem cost almost as much as the Maverick! :ROFLMAO:
I like the protective black mat. I'm probably the only poster who doesn't know what that is - the Ford mat? drop in liner? etc.
I bought one of these: BedTred Impact Bed Mat | Bed Liners & Mats - BedRug | Bedrug Not cheap, but I picked one up on sale. It fits very well, and seems to offer good protection. I think that the horse-stall mats that some people have been buying might be a better option.

As for the bike, yeah, it wasn't cheap--and that was before the upgrades! So much fun, though. :)

This Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The legendary Turner 5 spot. I owned that bike and then moved to the big hoops and got a Turner Sultan :)
It's a 2013 Mullet conversion with DVO Diamond fork/carbon 27.5 front wheel, good for a few more years then the frame will hang on the wall in my man cave.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick This is why I bought a Maverick IMG_20220609_073534706

My 26" frankenbike fits!!!