Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is this thread even remotely associated with Ford Mavericks? Keep on topic or go somewhere else. I come here for Mav info not arguments.
You might want to double check which forum you're in. This part of the forum is "Maverick EV (Full Electric BEV)"

I also filter by "What's New" but for threads I'm not interested in, I just don't click on them. Might want to try that.
Sponsored

whizwart

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order placed for a 2024 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ooohhhh no! There's a supply/demand imbalance. That means this thing is stupid.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I sold off before market crash and didn’t lose on it either. It’s got potential and the tech was nice to have. Bouncy ride but with low profile tires on it made it a lot less bouncy.
I got addicted to the instant torque you get with the Electric motors!! We ended up getting an Outlander PHEV for road trips. It’s basically an EV with onboard gas powered generator. Having had HEV and BEV prior the PHEV has been the best fit for our needs but the Maverick is good for road trips as well!

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got addicted to the instant torque you get with the Electric motors!! We ended up getting an Outlander PHEV for road trips. It’s basically an EV with onboard gas powered generator. Having had HEV and BEV prior the PHEV has been the best fit for our needs but the Maverick is good for road trips as well!
My rav4 prime is really fun to drive in ev mode. I typically average low 3 miles/kwh. It's in the larger side of small SUV though.

I view electricity almost like premium fuel but with less carbon footprint. Might cost me a little more butt lots of fun.

RobN

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is for EV owners that drive further than their range and HAVE to use public charging. Not the case for those who don't surpass their range on a regular basis and can charge at home.
Just read a survey that found 49% of current EV owners do not own a home charger.

This whole "just charge at home" judgemental nonsense needs to stop. Not everyone has a space to do that. Just because it's a great option for some people doesn't mean it's an option for everyone.

Until a "fill-up" of an EV takes 5 minutes or less, EV adoption is doomed. The people for whom they work well - those with attached garages and space to charge all their vehicles and the budget to pay more up-front to save on gas down the road - have already bought in. It's a hard sell for the rest of us - the infrastructure isn't going in fast enough to support the demand if sales were to really take off.

That's why I like my hybrid. 40 mpg is awesome, and I won't be stuck waiting for a charging station (or waiting a half hour or more for a charge once I'm there).

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would appear you are not the average user, by the way 🙂
Looks like only about 5% of users get over 5 miles per kWh. Based on a pole from a bolt owners forum.

IMG_7173.png
4 miles is "typical" Chevy Bolt and what I got in less than ideal conditions.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right. Never has happened to gas vehicles before, right?
Like rationing. Or when fuel runs out before a hurricane, etc.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 105211.jpg

Can charge an EV at home in those situations. Not many have oil wells and fuel refineries at home, though.

Thanks for creating a brand new thread for a topic that has never been discussed before.
Very informative!
Hey, don't bring facts and logic into this comment section, emotions only please.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just read a survey that found 49% of current EV owners do not own a home charger.

This whole "just charge at home" judgemental nonsense needs to stop. Not everyone has a space to do that. Just because it's a great option for some people doesn't mean it's an option for everyone.

Until a "fill-up" of an EV takes 5 minutes or less, EV adoption is doomed. The people for whom they work well - those with attached garages and space to charge all their vehicles and the budget to pay more up-front to save on gas down the road - have already bought in. It's a hard sell for the rest of us - the infrastructure isn't going in fast enough to support the demand if sales were to really take off.

That's why I like my hybrid. 40 mpg is awesome, and I won't be stuck waiting for a charging station (or waiting a half hour or more for a charge once I'm there).
Link to stat? I wouldn't consider an EV if I didn't have my own charging. That's a big part of the draw for me.

A few years old but this has home charging at 80+%. Has it changed that much since then???

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/19/ev-charging-industry-improvements.html

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not to say this situation doesn’t suck, but this post is just an example of finding a worst-case incident to fit a narrative and then suggest it’s a normal occurrence. It’s how so many people try to frame every argument these days.
I mean it is internet news. Worst case scenario is how its done!

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean it is internet news. Worst case scenario is how its done!
So if I had taken a pic of the ten empty super charger stations at 4:00 in the afternoon that would show there is never any problem anywhere! The logic is sound 🤪

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really you would think for the first decade of this push all EVs would come standard with a "safety" generator that has the appropriate charging rate to power it up off of a 3 gallon gas tank. Focusing on efficiency, even if you had to stop for 30 minutes get a bite to eat and let it charge to give you 15 percent or something thats pretty fair for getting to a reasonable destination. Build cars like that until gas stations start getting sparse instead of the other way around.
Toyota has that. It's called a PRIUS.
The Maverick drive train is based on the Prius drive train. Toyota and Ford started the joint venture in 2011.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This whole "EV's are doomed" and "I have to charge in 5 minutes or less" rhetoric needs to stop.

Both are patently untrue.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have had a Nissan Leaf for five years. Only maintenance cost so far was to replace the 12 volt battery. We use it for trips around town. Charge it at home. Use our Maverick Hybrid for long trips. With these 2 vehicles our carbon footprint is significantly reduced.
EVs are here to stay. It's not perfect for everyone's situation but more and more people are realizing the benefits of EVs. The changeover to EVs is coming but it will take a while.
Curious how you liked your Nissan Leaf. What was the replacement cost on the 12V battery? How did charging it affect your monthly electric bill?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Because you can buy that now. Today. They came out about 10 years ago. There's literally dozens of models to choose from.

IMG_8877.jpeg
Those came out 20 years ago. Im talking about something in between a hybrid and a EV. No CVT transmissions and all that bandaid patched jazz. Just a pure EV. Drives and Charges the same as EVs do now. But with a small half liter or less internal combustion engine as a backup charger. Like the system in the new Dodge but maybe lil less ambitious(not every commuter needs 700 mile range).

And no I dont live under a rock. Thats just where my sister told me they found me as a baby.
Sponsored