First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be too low on their list to even bother sending this email to.

They handle a waiting list so poorly, what is going to happen to Maverick owners who need first-year bugs fixed? I love the idea of this truck but not from a company that's proving this unreliable at the moment. I know they have made many great products in the past.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I also got this email yesterday afternoon. Immediately contacted the dealer who said "This is the first that I am seeing this"?? Which means Ford did NOT even let the dealer know what was now suddenly happening. I have a confirmation email from them when I ordered my XLT AWD with Lux package and moonroof in November 2021. The next email was in April saying they were "delayed and appreciate our patience and loyalty" (Blah, blah, blah). Now comes this one with a directive that we must by July 8th let our dealer know what we can take off in hope of getting it (POSSIBLY) built as 2022 or get in line for the 2023 models with a "special private offer" (like HIGHER PRICE?)

This is completely unacceptable behavior for a "world leader in auto manufacturing" to treat customers. My family has been loyal Ford customers for close to 100 years/ 4 Generations!!
Ford needs to use their "leading technology" to inventory/track what supplies they can get and then contact the customer to ask "If you decide to cancel the "lux package" or WHATEVER is holding up production then we can get your vehicle built this year". Not play a "3 card Monte" guessing game by asking the customers to choose what they think will get the vehicle built and STILL NO GUARANTEE. :(

And if Ford can not get the 2022 orders filled this summer, those orders should be FIRST on the list of 2023 models given to the customers for what was contracted for! Talk about "Business Ethics 101"!

I sincerely hope some executive at Ford reads these posts and acts accordingly. My Grandfather worked with Henry Ford and this irresponsible behavior would have them spinning in their graves.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also got this email yesterday afternoon. Immediately contacted the dealer who said "This is the first that I am seeing this"?? Which means Ford did NOT even let the dealer know what was now suddenly happening. I have a confirmation email from them when I ordered my XLT AWD with Lux package and moonroof in November 2021. The next email was in April saying they were "delayed and appreciate our patience and loyalty" (Blah, blah, blah). Now comes this one with a directive that we must by July 8th let our dealer know what we can take off in hope of getting it(POSSIBLY) built or get in line for the 2023 models with a "special private offer" (like HIGHER PRICE?)

This is completely unacceptable behavior for a "world leader in auto manufacturing" to treat customers. My family has been loyal Ford customers for close to 100 years/ 4 Generations!!
Ford needs to use their "leading technology" to inventory/track what supplies they can get and then contact the customer to ask "If you decide to cancel the "lux package" or WHATEVER is holding up production then we can get your vehicle built this year. Not play "3 card Monte" guessing game by asking the customers to choice what they think will get the vehicle built.

And if Ford can not get the 2022 orders filled this summer, those orders should be FIRST on the list of 2023 models given to the customers for what was contracted for! Talk about "Business Ethics 101"!

I sincerely hope some executive at Ford reads these posts and acts accordingly. My Grandfather worked with Henry Ford and this irresponsible behavior would have them spinning in their graves.
‘Ethics’? Have you seen the news where Ernst/Young employees got caught cheating on their exam? America is full of greed right now. Too much $$ to be made in this market condition.

Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this email and have an unscheduled xl ecoboost with no known constraints. I think they just sent to everyone unscheduled, it literally says nothing we didn't already know except confirming the special offer price protection thing.

Should have just said, your order may or may not be built as a 22 and if not you will get a special offer for a 23, bye sucka!

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I also got this email yesterday afternoon. Immediately contacted the dealer who said "This is the first that I am seeing this"?? Which means Ford did NOT even let the dealer know what was now suddenly happening. I have a confirmation email from them when I ordered my XLT AWD with Lux package and moonroof in November 2021. The next email was in April saying they were "delayed and appreciate our patience and loyalty" (Blah, blah, blah). Now comes this one with a directive that we must by July 8th let our dealer know what we can take off in hope of getting it (POSSIBLY) built as 2022 or get in line for the 2023 models with a "special private offer" (like HIGHER PRICE?)

Ford needs to use their "leading technology" to inventory/track what supplies they can get and then contact the customer to ask "If you decide to cancel the "lux package" or WHATEVER is holding up production then we can get your vehicle built this year". Not play a "3 card Monte" guessing game by asking the customers to choose what they think will get the vehicle built and STILL NO GUARANTEE. :(

You really think Ford cares?

IAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did the price protection work when Ford had to roll over Bronco orders. Did it cover the price increase?(I doubt it) Were customers happy or at least okay with it?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
How did the price protection work when Ford had to roll over Bronco orders. Did it cover the price increase?(I doubt it) Were customers happy or at least okay with it?
Our neighbor had that happen with his Bronco and after some "discussions" with Ford and the dealers, they honored his contracted price and gave him some Ford "credit points" to use for his trouble having to wait basically 18 months.

Sponsored

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In FAQs they tell you to "confirm with your dealer" and what do you do when the dealer won't respond? Be nice to transfer orders to a new dealer without consequences. Order portability would make for better dealer customer service.

Last edited:

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this email and have an unscheduled xl ecoboost with no known constraints. I think they just sent to everyone unscheduled, it literally says nothing we didn't already know except confirming the special offer price protection thing.

Should have just said, your order may or may not be built as a 22 and if not you will get a special offer for a 23, bye sucka!
This email was for folks who haven't followed this forum for a year lol

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that might have missed it in the other thread, here is the e-mail that is going out today.

1656520845807.png

1656520858678.png
Why couldn't Ford come out and say, in the email, that all Maverick, orders not completed in this 22 year, will be price protected? That would reduce a lot of stress going through this months long ordeal. What is a "special private offer"? I would guess it's not the original price you contracted for.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Why couldn't Ford come out and say, in the email, that all Maverick, orders not completed in this 22 year, will be price protected? That would reduce a lot of stress going through this months long ordeal. What is a "special private offer"? I would guess it's not the original price you contracted for.
I can only hope that Ford would at least stand by the contracted price.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be too low on their list to even bother sending this email to.

They handle a waiting list so poorly, what is going to happen to Maverick owners who need first-year bugs fixed? I love the idea of this truck but not from a company that's proving this unreliable at the moment. I know they have made many great products in the past.
I'm just hoping that not receiving this email means that I'm getting scheduled lol
Sponsored