Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same mindset here.

One serious question though, my current Lariat LUX + CP360 already clicks all the most severe constraints. Even it would be put on the foremost of '23 queue, what would happen if the majority of '23 orders take the hint and order only less constrained, would that make my rollover '22 order stay in the constraint cage and be delayed more?
No. Your build will happen when the constrained parts needed become available. You would not be directly affected by 23 orders. Yes less constrained 23 orders will be built before yours, but you won't be moved to the "back of the line". So whenever the tiger-striped seat belts or whatever you've ordered becomes available you'll be moved onto the production line.

I hope. I'm in the same boat.
Sponsored

Dude84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think there's any way you can take the special offer discount and apply it to an order at a different dealer? A lot has changed since I ordered 8 months ago...including where I live.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No I have not done Chat.
How does one connect to Ford Chat?
Go to Ford.com; Support and Service; drop down menu choose Support HOme, scroll down a little and a blue bubble chat will appear. Doesn't seem to work with Firefox. Or select Contact Ford and select the Chat Sync and Service.

I've had better luck with the phone Customer Service 800-334-4375. You'll want your order code and sales code, both available from dealer, but chat may be able to look it up.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well,
I didn't get the Letter!
Dealer has no update. I received order confirmation when I ordered on Jan 25, 2022. FoMoCo sent the confirmation email by that night....What should I assume? My Mav is scheduled?

TIA
I have a theory. I ordered a pure base XL hybrid - 0 options and got the letter. Since you ordered in Jan you must have ordered an ecoboost. I have this feeling that the 'constraint' referenced in the email is ... they hybrid engine. Since you ordered an ECO yours is still good to go.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XL November 1 and the onlu option was the $100 tow package and here is what the notification said:
Strong demand and global supply chain constraints continue to delay the scheduled production date and delivery of your Maverick®. We have now reached a point where there is a strong likelihood we will be unable to produce your Maverick order within these constraints.

"We understand that this is frustrating.

That’s why we’d like to offer you some options to keep you moving forward with a new vehicle. Have a look below to see which path seems best for you, and then contact your Ford dealer to set up a plan.

If you want to keep your 2022 Maverick order
Contact your Ford dealer to review your order specifications and discuss the removal of certain features or packages that are preventing it from being scheduled for production. While there are no guarantees that these changes will result in your order scheduling, your Ford dealer will need to remove those constraining features or packages by July 8th for your 2022 order to potentially still be scheduled for production.

If we cannot build your current order and you’d like to convert it to a 2023 Maverick
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order, we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to those customers whose orders go unscheduled. This private offer may be applied towards the order and purchase of a 2023 Maverick. Please consult with your Ford dealer beginning in August when the 2023 model year Maverick order bank opens to understand more details about this special private offer.

We are grateful for your loyalty amidst these unforeseen global circumstances.

Contact your local Ford dealer to set up an action plan today.

Check out the link below for frequently asked questions about the Maverick."
I ordered an XL pure base - hybrid- with zero options and got the same email. So either they accidentally sent this to us or - the real constraint is the Hybrid engine and they want us to change to an Ecoboost. Someone else posted that they did not get the EM but they ordered in Jan 2022 - so they ordered and ECOboost.

Sponsored

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
That is good, none of those are constraint items. You probably received the email because you are still unscheduled. When is your order date? What is your priority status?
i have a few constraint items but I’ve been a priority 2 now for over 2 months. I ordered 11/13/21. I honestly just don’t think Ford knows what they are doing, as a coworker ordered an absolutely base model XL hybrid the same day I ordered mine and he’s still not scheduled.

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that may mean yours is getting built in 2022….
My son did not get one either. No constraints on his order. Our fingers are crossed that it may be a good sign that Ford will build it as a 2022 and delivery will be in 2022.

Timmiek

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Those items will hold up your build plus the XLT Luxury Package, Lariat Luxury Package, CP 360 Package. I was referring to the optional SIBL but technically and SIBL whether in the package or as a stand alone optional will probably cause a delay unless you are the next 1 or 2 orders next at your dealership based on time frame of order.
Thank you for your answer. Have a great day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
It would be great if For provided some statistics with this email so we'd know how likely or unlikely it was we'd get our 2022. Like tell us that there are XX,xxx unbuilt XLT Lux package trucks left to build and they can only build X,xxx of them.

If I have to reorder a 2023, I'll definitely be there on day one, But at that point I'd have to look at whatever option changes Ford is doing for 2023 and I may end up with a totally different truck than what I currently have on order.
Exactly!

Lopo1974

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So, if I didn't receive the email yesterday my 1st edition/hybrid/lariat will be built in FY22? I ordered Sept 16, 2021. I do have a VIN # also according to Ford Tracking. All it says Is Order is Confirmed.

Last edited:
Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a velocity blue XL Hybrid with just a hitch receiver in October. I've been priority 02 since March and haven't heard squat from Ford or my dealer until I got the email this morning. I'll call the dealer today, but I'll probably just get the same old song and dance. Not trying to be a buzzkill, just trying to help temper expectations.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I also got this email yesterday afternoon. Immediately contacted the dealer who said "This is the first that I am seeing this"?? Which means Ford did NOT even let the dealer know what was now suddenly happening. I have a confirmation email from them when I ordered my XLT AWD with Lux package and moonroof in November 2021. The next email was in April saying they were "delayed and appreciate our patience and loyalty" (Blah, blah, blah). Now comes this one with a directive that we must by July 8th let our dealer know what we can take off in hope of getting it(POSSIBLY) built or get in line for the 2023 models with a "special private offer" (like HIGHER PRICE?)

This is completely unacceptable behavior for a "world leader in auto manufacturing" to treat customers. My family has been loyal Ford customers for close to 100 years/ 4 Generations!!
Ford needs to use their "leading technology" to inventory/track what supplies they can get and then contact the customer to ask "If you decide to cancel the "lux package" or WHATEVER is holding up production then we can get your vehicle built this year. Not play "3 card Monte" guessing game by asking the customers to choose what they think will get the vehicle built.

And if Ford can not get the 2022 orders filled this summer, those orders should be FIRST on the list of 2023 models given to the customers for what was contracted for! Talk about "Business Ethics 101"!

I sincerely hope some executive at Ford reads these posts and acts accordingly. My Grandfather worked with Henry Ford and this irresponsible behavior would have them spinning in their graves.

SHAME ON FORD

Last edited:

Sloozie

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Ya got the letter too, waiting for mine since 9/20/21 and I'm not dropping any package what I want,and this comes along?!!?.... What's is the matter that what it is ,built the truck I want, and u got my money.... Case close.....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Ya got the letter too, waiting for mine since 9/20/21 and I'm not dropping any package what I want,and this comes along?!!?.... What's is the matter that what it is ,built the truck I want, and u got my money.... Case close.....
Agree with you completely!

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except you will be paying for a whole lot more for MY23. This is the central issue here in addition to the extra wait time. We all know the ‘private offer’ is horse shit given how Ford really fucked up With their price protection previously.
Sponsored