Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Summary:

Ford: We can't build your truck.
You can remove the options you chose and maybe get scheduled.
Or you can keep your options and choose the mystery offer.

What's the mystery offer? Find out in August!

But we need your decision by next week!

Choose wisely! May the odds be ever in your favor.

choose-wisely.jpg
I am not mad about ending up in 23.
I am not upset that there are supply constraints that can't be helped.

I AM mad about this. You hit the nail on the head.

Drop items you want by the end of next week.

MAYBE get Scheduled. What if I don't ? Is my rebate/discount for '23 going to reflect the lower cost truck or my original order ? Is it a flat rebate that everyone gets no matter what trim and packages they had ordered ? When Bronco packages changed, didn't the rebates/discounts apply based on the original order ? So anyone dropping stuff could really shoot themselves in the foot.

MAYBE save over your original order price tag + any incentives you had ( like Farmers Bureau ) + Ford 2021 APR rates.

You will get some penance, but we won't tell you. Probably because we hope a lot of '22 orders get frustrated, give up, and no ROVP is submitted for a '23 so we don't lose any margin making things right.

The right thing to do would be disclose everything now so buyers can make an informed decision.

I fail to understand how a company so large can fail to identify these issues before they send out an email like this that can make people more disenchanted with the brand.
Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order, we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to those customers whose orders go unscheduled.

*** Well, that pretty much answers the question of will there be a significant price hike in '23 models. Gone will be the $19,999 starter XL price. I'm thinking 10 - 12% across the board increase.
I would say if the private offer isn't at least $2,000 people will just walk. And I couldn't blame them. If there's anybody with a FWD 4K free upgrade to AWD still waiting they could have a pretty nice savings at the end. If they're willing to wait.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say if the private offer isn't at least $2,000 people will just walk. And I couldn't blame them. If there's anybody with a FWD 4K free upgrade to AWD still waiting they could have a pretty nice savings at the end. If they're willing to wait.
That actually gives me hope they can appease people who have waited this long, the question is will they. That was a pretty significant value, although I am sure that scale was mucccch smaller than the '22 rollover count.

LoveMyTaters

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about us that are scheduled that do not get built .......maybe we will get the ultra special offer.....lol

Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sure hope those of you that get rolled over into MY23 get priority placement in the queue. I'm sure there will be lots of first-day orders, especially from folks that avoid first model year purchases. When the order banks open, I'll be ordering another Maverick -- this one probably a loaded hybrid. My current order for a basic white ecoboost is supposedly now in transit. If my MR23 order gets in front of someone waiting from MY22, that will be too bad.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that the ‘private offer’ will be an offer to price-match the ‘22 base and option prices once the new ‘23 prices are announced.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order, we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to those customers whose orders go unscheduled.

*** Well, that pretty much answers the question of will there be a significant price hike in '23 models. Gone will be the $19,999 starter XL price. I'm thinking 10 - 12% across the board increase.
Yup. I bet they keep the sub $20k base, just so they can advertise it, but raise prices on the XLT and Lariat trims, as well as the option packages. Hopefully the "private offer" closes the gap on whatever the price increase ends up being. Probably not.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am just basing it on the more than 4,000 orders here that were added to the tracking list and over 60% said they were hybrid. It also says about 50% are XLT which Ford themselves also said themselves. I'd say it tracks pretty well to 60% especially when they sell out 2 1/2 months before the Ecoboosts did. If they were along Ford's expectations then they should've sold out around the same time.

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Well,
I didn't get the Letter!
Dealer has no update. I received order confirmation when I ordered on Jan 25, 2022. FoMoCo sent the confirmation email by that night....What should I assume? My Mav is scheduled?

TIA

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No email today. I have a bad feeling. On vacation now don't have time to deal with Fords BS right now. Going to call my dealer tomorrow.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Luxury Package, CP 360 Package mostly. But any bed options should be removed.
I have non of those, XLT, EB, FX4....is it the moon roof maybe??? Full size spare?

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry did get the email. Thanks to this forum made me look and I deleted it. Wonder what the exclusive private offer is. Waiting to get bent over.
Sponsored