XLT
First Name
Ivan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Trim
XLT
I’m beginning to believe Ford missed the target age for the new Maverick. Teens look take a second look. And daily I get people in their 60’s checking it out, asking questions, say they are looking to get one, even had one take a video. I myself am 54-3 weeks.
66 & ordered one
Advertisement

Uncartha56

XL
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Trim
XL
I am 33 I put in a order for one, I love the post that said he got a Ranger in 1988…..I was born in 88 LOLZ

xXChartmanXx

XL
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2021 VW ID.4
Trim
XL
I’m beginning to believe Ford missed the target age for the new Maverick. Teens look take a second look. And daily I get people in their 60’s checking it out, asking questions, say they are looking to get one, even had one take a video. I myself am 54-3 weeks.
This is true. My son didn't want a truck at all but based on the cost and mpg he just couldn't pass up ordering a Maverick over a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. He had to get on a call with his girlfriend to defend buying a truck. "Your destroying the environment!", "There is no reason to drive trucks!", "Your killing our future!" and other millennial speak without any idea what he was getting, how efficient it was, and how small it actually is. Millenial's are all about the Hyperbole without knowledge, data, or substance.

atomguy245

XLT
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Cruze
Trim
XLT
This happens all the time. It happened with the Honda Element, the Scions, the Kia Soul, etc. The kids can't afford the payment, even on the low priced cars, and when you are young you aren't seeing the practicality as a selling point, you typically want more flash or a certain brand. So the old timers swoop in and buy the value priced, practically designed cars.

When I was in my 20's I had a bright red Acura Integra. But in my 40's I recognized the genius of the Element, and now in my 50's see the value in the Maverick.

Red Ryder

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Trim
XLT
This is true. My son didn't want a truck at all but based on the cost and mpg he just couldn't pass up ordering a Maverick over a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. He had to get on a call with his girlfriend to defend buying a truck. "Your destroying the environment!", "There is no reason to drive trucks!", "Your killing our future!" and other millennial speak without any idea what he was getting, how efficient it was, and how small it actually is. Millenial's are all about the Hyperbole without knowledge, data, or substance.
Goodness, perhaps he might want to re-think....

Nevermind. Maybe they're all like that.

Maverickgirl

XL
First Name
Sue
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ranger Sport 4x4
Trim
XL
I agree! I'm 62 and this will be my second small truck!

Shay

XL
First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Trim
XL
Product and marketing people always target who they "want", but know it will attract a lot more. There is an old saying in the car business, "You can sell a young man's car to an old man, but you cant sell an old man's car to a young man" Just as the people at Buick.

Last edited:

Thumper477

XLT
First Name
Ronald
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Trim
XLT
I will be 70 in may.I am keeping my full size v-8 4x4 to tow heavy trailers.The Mav will become my daily driver.

OP
OP

Area51BS

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Trim
Undecided
Here is what I read.

Generally, these customers are younger than the average pickup owner, more diverse and more connected on a daily basis to friends, family and their vehicles.

In my region large truck drivers appear to be from late 30’s to mid fifties. Like I mentioned, all the interest seems to be late 50’s and up around here.

AdventureSetterland

XL
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid on Order/97 K1500 Trashbox
Trim
XL
I think that there isn’t a specific age group. Seems to have broad appeal from my observations.

tngreg

Lariat
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Trim
Lariat
50 here...returning to small truck since 99.

icegradner

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hybrid
Trim
XLT
36, the Maverick will be my first new vehicle. All my previous vehicles (3) have been used.

The previous evaluation of younger users not being on forms is right, most will be talking on some more modern social media location. I'm an old fart at heart, I've always gotten along better with older people, so me being here makes sense. :LOL:

Gpp

XLT
First Name
Gil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Trim
XLT
36, the Maverick will be my first new vehicle. All my previous vehicles (3) have been used.

The previous evaluation of younger users not being on forms is right, most will be talking on some more modern social media location. I'm an old fart at heart, I've always gotten along better with older people, so me being here makes sense. :LOL:
I’m 70,retied,and have one on order.its my retirement present to myself.didn’t want a big truck just to putt around town in,mustang gt wasnt made for old people but really wanted one.but my 99 lighting will take care of my douse of speed when i need it.just seemed the best gift to my self to go with all around.

Tpowers

XLT
First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Trim
XLT
Hello. My maverick is in production with a build date of this week (11/22). I was able to view the window sticker as of 11/17. What are the next signs that I need to look for as to the truck being built ?

Benjamin94

First Edition
First Name
Benjamin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Prius
Trim
First Edition
Sorry I'm late, I had to put down my fidget spinners and quit dabbing long enough to post this! 27 year old checking in (might be the youngest in the thread so far!). Can't wait for my first edition fully loaded RR hybrid as it will be my first ford, first truck, and first car payment (I am basically ford's wet dream in terms of target demographic). I gotta get back to my spinners to keep me occupied for the next 6 months of waiting for my truck to get built.

Advertisement

Advertisement