Sponsored

Thinking about switching my XLT Hybrid order to an AWD EcoBoost...

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is everyone's thoughts on this as far as what this might do to my order? I've seen people say that they've been upcharged after changing an option (new XLT luxury package costs some X amount of dollars more). I wouldn't care SIBL or DIBL. I'm mostly apprehensive about "losing my place" in line. Is that something I would have to worry about should I approach my dealer about making this change? I'm thinking if I don't hear anything tomorrow from Ford, that it's relatively "safe" to go ahead and do it. But who might know more than me?

For reference, I ordered my hybrid on 10/23/21 and the order was confirmed same day.
Sponsored

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed my July Hybrid order to Ecoboost in October and when I finally got my scheduling email a few weeks ago it listed October as the "order date", so yeah it will send you to the back of the line unfortunately.
Not 100% sure if the price hike on the packages and accessories would effect you or not, so I won't comment on that part of your question.

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not put in a 2nd order and see what comes first?

kfw63

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is everyone's thoughts on this as far as what this might do to my order? I've seen people say that they've been upcharged after changing an option (new XLT luxury package costs some X amount of dollars more). I wouldn't care SIBL or DIBL. I'm mostly apprehensive about "losing my place" in line. Is that something I would have to worry about should I approach my dealer about making this change? I'm thinking if I don't hear anything tomorrow from Ford, that it's relatively "safe" to go ahead and do it. But who might know more than me?

For reference, I ordered my hybrid on 10/23/21 and the order was confirmed same day.
I think you are talking about 2 different lines. The hybrid and Ecoboost. In all probability even if you went to the back of the line on EB is still might be faster than the original hybrid order.

kfw63

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed my July Hybrid order to Ecoboost in October and when I finally got my scheduling email a few weeks ago it listed October as the "order date", so yeah it will send you to the back of the line unfortunately.
Not 100% sure if the price hike on the packages and accessories would effect you or not, so I won't comment on that part of your question.
But you received your EB scheduling email already while he is still waiting for the hybrid scheduling email which I think shows the EB would probably be quicker.

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For a major change of model like that you will be subject to any price increases and also the clock will be reset as far as place in line is concerned.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But you received your EB scheduling email already while he is still waiting for the hybrid scheduling email which I think shows the EB would probably be quicker.
Yes, it could be faster. However, Ford has been ramping up Hybrid production quite a bit lately. The last round of scheduling seemed to favor Hybrid over Ecoboost so it feels like a crapshoot either way.

At the end of the day, I would get the truck you want. I only switched to Ecoboost because I wanted AWD and I prioritized that over the gas mileage. Switching just to potentially get it faster is risky and you might regret that decision down the road, no pun intended.

kfw63

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, it could be faster. However, Ford has been ramping up Hybrid production quite a bit lately. The last round of scheduling seemed to favor Hybrid over Ecoboost so it feels like a crapshoot either way.

At the end of the day, I would get the truck you want. I only switched to Ecoboost because I wanted AWD and I prioritized that over the gas mileage. Switching just to potentially get it faster is risky and you might regret that decision down the road, no pun intended.
Agree it is a crapshoot.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October is relatively late for a hybrid order, so you are probably looking at late spring/early summer for delivery. If you are willing to wait, I’d say it’s worth it. The hybrid is truly unique. It is my first hybrid and I am impressed at how often I can run in electric only mode. The ecoboost won’t be as unique in that way. But if you want AWD, then do what ya gotta do.

OP
OP

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay I've seen conflicting responses on this issue since making my original post about it.

Does anyone know *for sure* if changing from hybrid to EcoBoost will affect my order negatively? Really wanting to switch to the AWD EcoBoost.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You literally can't change trim levels or engines at this point. Ford won't allow it. Check out Tim the Ford Video Guys videos.

Time to go back to prayer as your best chance of getting a Maverick this year.

OP
OP

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You literally can't change trim levels or engines at this point. Ford won't allow it. Check out Tim the Ford Video Guys videos.

Time to go back to prayer as your best chance of getting a Maverick this year.
See someone said the other day you can't change trim levels but can change drivetrain. I do need to watch that channel, haven't been able to so just watch Johnny's Car Care before bed.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

See someone said the other day you can't change trim levels but can change drivetrain. I do need to watch that channel, haven't been able to so just watch Johnny's Car Care before bed.
Feel free to call your dealer. Never hurts to try but Tim said a lot of things are grayed out on the order and Ford won't let them be changed.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Leave it. Eco like mine are being bounced around too, sorta looks like some Hybrid prioritization is happening. Regardless seems like worse thing to do at this point is make a change. Good luck
Sponsored