Sponsored

Thinking about selling? What do you think is a good price.

DrewBren

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick on order
Engine
Undecided
It's crazy to think, but I am not all that impressed by my tremor. It is a great truck, but after 3 months I am honestly not that impressed by it. I downsized from a full-size and I really miss it! The only big plus about it to me is the MPG. I came on here to see what people's opinions on how much I should sell it for. I am currently in CO and don't see many out here. It's a cactus gray xlt tremor with the lux package with 5k miles just had its first oil change. No scratches or dents.
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd asked what impressed you to buy a Tremor? If you get MSRP and eat the sales tax, what would you buy and pay sales tax again with inflated finance rates?

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On your Tremor it isn't unreasonable to think you could do as good as $5000. But you might have to sell it to a Carmax or something like that. Depending on your area, these things are in high demand and almost none of the dealerships have any sitting on the lots that are new.

OP
OP

DrewBren

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I'd asked what impressed you to buy a Tremor? If you get MSRP and eat the sales tax, what would you buy and pay sales tax again with inflated finance rates?
I liked the styling, mpg, and my wife wanted it. I also liked the offroad appeal.... Now she misses the full-size. Typical vanity reasons, you could say. That and there are just not many out there. Kicking myself for realizing it too late. Luckily I won't have to deal with inflated finance rates, the sales tax thing will suck though.

OP
OP

DrewBren

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
On your Tremor it isn't unreasonable to think you could do as good as $5000. But you might have to sell it to a Carmax or something like that. Depending on your area, these things are in high demand and almost none of the dealerships have any sitting on the lots that are new.
Man if I could get 40s I would be happy.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put a price out there that makes you happy. You aren't mass producing a bunch of them, so all you need is one single person who wants to buy it at your price.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would you need 72 months on that $5?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IF you could find a used one down my way in TX, surely they would be $7K or more above MSRP. That $5K figure that was mentioned is very fair. It would let you recoup your sales tax and make a few bucks.

Hrenklin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WIll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that depends on who youre selling to, a random person get your money back, the dealership, $10k mark up

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I meant $5,000 over MSRP. But hell, who knows. Throw a price on it and see what someone will pay. Ya never know. Around here all dealerships sell used ones for WAY over sticker. My old '22 XLT AWD with 6391 miles that I just traded was put on back on the dealer's lot for $38,495 and it sold within 4 days. Not sure they got that, but that's what they started at. On a truck I paid $30,005 for.

OP
OP

DrewBren

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I meant $5,000 over MSRP. But hell, who knows. Throw a price on it and see what someone will pay. Ya never know. Around here all dealerships sell used ones for WAY over sticker. My old '22 XLT AWD with 6391 miles that I just traded was put on back on the dealer's lot for $38,495 and it sold within 4 days. Not sure they got that, but that's what they started at. On a truck I paid $30,005 for.
So what did they pay you for it? Just curious if you wanted to share haha.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did ok actually. I won't give the exact number but it was over what I paid as well.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Give it a shot! It won't cost you anything if it doesn't sell. Knock off a few hundred, and I'm sure the buyer will jump on it.
Sponsored