• Watchers 1

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
But on the other hand, this will give some something to aspire to.

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The PROBLEM actually falls in the hands of the "retail flippers". If the flippers can make $10k, why shouldn't the dealer be able to make that profit?
I like what I read somewhere "if you sell certain high demands vehicles in less than 12 months, the manufacture's warranty is VOIDED"
This may seem extreme to some... but... it would actually allow the true buyer to purchase a high demand vehicle at a normal/reasonable price... as it should be.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The PROBLEM actually falls in the hands of the "retail flippers". If the flippers can make $10k, why shouldn't the dealer be able to make that profit?
I like what I read somewhere "if you sell certain high demands vehicles in less than 12 months, the manufacture's warranty is VOIDED"
This may seem extreme to some... but... it would actually allow the true buyer to purchase a high demand vehicle at a normal/reasonable price... as it should be.
I understand some dealers up the price of an ordered vehicle so you back out. Then they sell it for even more. Screwing the person who ordered the vehicle is where it goes very wrong.

Sponsored

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In most cases this is created by the flippers... stop the flippers and the price falls back in line.
The manufacturer's have backdoor control over the dealers... cutting allocation on high demand vehicles and others.
Ford is now price fixing the MSRP on their EV line, this is definitely a step to cleaning up the mess

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You and I are the only protection we have against shady dealers! We are being forced to browbeat our less scrupulous dealers into Dotting their I's, and Crossing their T's on our contracts so that we get the truck as promised by our contract!
The dealers are free to ask any amount they want above MSRP, and I'm fine with that! As long as I see that upfront, I can can run over to an honest dealer.
I doubt you can find a dealer today advertising above MSRP! The problem comes when you go to sign for the car, only to be told about the $500 to $5,000 in Fee's that have been added due to market conditions or the current phase of the moon!
Ford to the rescue?
Johnny, of Johnny's Car Care, says the new Ford allocation system will force these less than honest dealers into line! I think and hope he is going to be correct.
Johnny's Video: Allocation information starts @ minute 5:00

OP
OP

Deleted member 6544

I figured with all the pissing and moaning, (rightfully so), there would be more discussion. Oh well, carry on...

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the issue with the letter? I wouldn't pay the markup, but at least they are up front about it. Just go elsewhere.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In most cases this is created by the flippers... stop the flippers and the price falls back in line.
The manufacturer's have backdoor control over the dealers... cutting allocation on high demand vehicles and others.
Ford is now price fixing the MSRP on their EV line, this is definitely a step to cleaning up the mess
The real solution to all of this is to an increase in the supply by Ford and other manufacturers. Supply and demand.

Bubba

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think nonrefundable deposits are legal in texas.
Sponsored