Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing wrong with some people wanting CC. And it’s not too expensive extra for ford to add on when they option a lot of extra potentials for the XL. I for one WOULD use it everyday - 40 mile one way commute all highway. I don’t currently have it on my 2011 base ranger. But I have wanted it for a long time lol. I think I will upgrade to XLT for it, but agree the interior is interesting at best. Tho I will get seat covers too. Wish 101A was available.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing wrong with some people wanting CC. And it’s not too expensive extra for ford to add on when they option a lot of extra potentials for the XL. I for one WOULD use it everyday - 40 mile one way commute all highway. I don’t currently have it on my 2011 base ranger. But I have wanted it for a long time lol. I think I will upgrade to XLT for it, but agree the interior is interesting at best. Tho I will get seat covers too. Wish 101A was available.
Make sure the seat covers allow for deployment of the side air bags. Some covers don’t.

Bigred_19

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado
The XL not having CC is a deal breaker for me, so I will have to get an XLT for CC. I also have hundreds of CD's and will have to convert them to MP3 so I can listen to my music.

Typoe

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
clamoring
Hence the XL designation.

why no heated leather seats on the XL…WHY?
I get it, but it's weird that you can't option it like you can on other base trucks. I currently drive a base 2014 Kia Soul that was never fancy. No backup camera, no real infotainment... and it has cruise control!

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
does the 360 package add in Cruise Control on the XL? I'm 99% certain it does - how else do you activate the lane keeping system that comes with that package?

Sponsored

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
You'd think that, but if you look over the details on the options page and what the Copilot 360 package says it adds.. no, it doesn't. Which makes literally 0 sense. How can you give me lane keep assist with no basic cruise control?? But that's what Ford is doing. Per the spec sheet; cruise control is not available, even optionable, on the XL despite the Co-pilot 360 package being available and automatic braking being standard. Crazy.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also lane keep assist shouldn't be confused with lane centering. Lane keep assist is basically a system to nudge you back into the lane if you come over to the line. Lane centering works with the radar cruise control to effectively help drive the vehicle (aka Tesla Autopilot Lite).

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So I was looking what do you get for that $2500 For the upgrade from XL to XLT.
- Cruise Control
- Keypad
- Alarm
- Bed Storage bins
- 4 more tie downs
- Power Mirrors
- Whipper activated Headlights
- Aluminum Wheels
- Rear arm rest w/ cup holders
- Better Interior
- Better trim
I think all of that is worth it.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm done with constantly cleaning designer truck wheels, so one of the big draws to me regarding the XL model is the plain Jane metal wheels. But I do like cruise control for open highways and interstates. During a weak moment I once looked at a base Chevrolet Colorado and it didn't have cruise control either. Seems like CC should be standard equipment.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm probably just going to get the stripper model. My idea was to get an XL and add quite a few options to make it the way I like (a quasi "STX" if you will). I prefer the all black (with bits of blue and grey) interior on the XL to the XLT's but there's no point of trying to re-create a "well-optioned" truck if cruise control isn't on it. Instead, I'll probably pick up my XL with the attitude of "hey, it's a work truck". No bedliner, no Co-pilot 360 package, no back window as it can't be added without the 360 package. Base plus $100 tow hitch please. Maaaaybe the sunroof still. But otherwise, Ford you want me to get a base one, you got it Ford, I guess no $2,000 in options then.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I'm probably just going to get the stripper model...I guess no $2,000 in options then.
But won't the stripper model require the $2000 brass pole option?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
younger generations full of whiners, wimps, and weenies who are so spoiled they don't realize/appreciate how good they have it living here. Go have a nice Chai Latte and chill :eek:
Says the dilapidated asshole harassing people over cruise control
Classy individual here
Pompous individual here