Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Lol I didn't expect this thread to go downhill; but mostly if anyone from Ford is reading the thread, PLEASE add a cruise control option for the XL. It's literally the only thing keeping me from paying you $24,000 this fall when available. Thank you,

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If its anything like any of the new cars Ive been around you'll be able to add it stupid easy. Just plug and play. While I 100% prefer no cruise for sure, it wont be hard at all to add by the dealer. Couple parts and maybe a quick computer program.

Im with Ponypower though. I use my cruise about as much as I use A/C. Literally (and i do mean literally) never. Im glad it isnt a standard "feature".

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Yeah what I've heard is dealers really hate programming anything not factory. You ask them to hook up for 5 minutes and change like 1 or 2 parameters (aka cruise_control_function=enabled; cc_buttons=1) and they just freak out and say "impossible no one has ever done that". But then if you do it yourself now they say "oh see warranty voided!". I guess I can call around a few dealers in LA who might be a bit more flexible with their policy for a small service fee.

I think the bottom line is, if it's not standard.. ok that's fine, but why can't I option something as basic as this? If you and Ponypower don't want it that's fine, but why do I have to pay $2400 or whatever for the XLT to get it? Why can't I just add this one feature?? Yeah I get other things with XLT but I don't want the other things. I like base steelie wheels. I like the basic black interior. Ford just let me get that?

Sponsored

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
I use cruise control quite a bit. Both my work car and my wife's Subaru have active cruise control, which makes a huge difference on long drives. The lane centering on my dad's new Subaru is really impressive. Unfortunately, you have to get a totally optioned out lariat to get these features which runs the price up near $37,000. Put me right out of the market! I reckon I can wait around a while and see if I can pick up a used lariat for less in 5 years or so.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Compact Discs. I hope they are not obsolete. I don't have a smart phone and I won't pay for satellite radio.
It was a joke, thus the :)

I remember fondly when the CD was first invented, although I did miss my cassette deck for a while and also rocked out in cars with an 8-track. I teach Computer Science (college, post hi-tech career job) and now have students who have never seen a VHS tape, or a land line phone or "answering machine". :)

Another option (which I did on my F-150 which does have a CD player) is to use a small-form factor USB drive. For instance, For instance:
Sandisk Cruzer will hold about 6 thousand songs or so when using MP3 format.

Last edited:

James

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was a joke, thus the :)

I remember fondly when the CD was first invented, although I did miss my cassette deck for a while and also rocked out in cars with an 8-track. I teach Computer Science (college, post hi-tech career job) and now have students who have never seen a VHS tape, or a land line phone or "answering machine". :)
I got the joke, it just took a wile to sink in(I'm a fossil). I remember all the things you mentioned. Thanks

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And yes I am moving to Los Angeles from Saint Louis and I do occasionally plan to make that 2 day drive back/forth. So yes, cruise control is absolutely required bud.
so rent a nice vehicle with CC for those couple times per year you go back to St Louis. Or fly cheap. Problem solved. No more hand wringing about adding CC to your nice new wonderfully equipped, affordable Maverick XL. BTW, have you actually ever been to LA and driven in traffic there? 24/7 bumper to bumper traffic and the worst drivers in the West- well AZ is a close 2nd there.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What the fuck is your damn problem?
So?
Please, let’s try to keep it civil here. So far this forum has avoided heated confrontation and bad language.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What the fuck is your damn problem?
younger generations full of whiners, wimps, and weenies who are so spoiled they don't realize/appreciate how good they have it living here. Go have a nice Chai Latte and chill :eek:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone see a CD player listed in the radio equipment? I hope one is standard with any radio, I don't use the radio, I have CD's to listen to.
No CD player. It considered old technology. Not sure of the procedure on a pc, I use a Mac, but you should be able to convert your CDs to mp3 files and copy them to a thumb drive. Play the thumb drive through the USB port on the Maverick console. Even large thumb drives are cheap these days and they will hold dozens of CDs.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
younger generations full of whiners, wimps, and weenies who are so spoiled they don't realize/appreciate how good they have it living here. Go have a nice Chai Latte and chill :eek:
Please, let’s try to keep it civil here. So far this forum has avoided heated confrontation and bad language.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sorry Dad. It won't happen again (probably) :devilish:
Sponsored